Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > Other Engine Management

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-14-2007, 06:09 PM   #1
snowcrzy
Scooby Guru

Member#: 110895
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Default Apexi Power FC - Need some help

I know this is a long shot but what the hell...

I bought this 94 impreza...
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1192453

... and I am in the process of getting the motor out(version 5 jdm motor). I am hoping to replace it with a crawford s2 block that I have. The heads are spec c which are very different then the ones that are on there now.

It has the stand alone apexi power fc engine management and the wiring is all messed up. I called apexi but they have no clue how I can get a wiring pinout for there stand alone unit. The wires in the engine bay are all f-ed up and i don't know what goes where and I really don't have a way to trace it.

I could take get the 94 ecu pinout and trace them that way but how can I make that work with the crawford motor?

Any opinions?
snowcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #2
Jaxx
Scooby Guru

Member#: 177
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
The 93 W/EJ20K-sold
Subaru-less :(

first its a ver 3-4 engine not a ver5
be sure to swap over the crank sensor when you put in the new block

its most likely a ver 3-4/ej20k powerfc so you need the 3-4 wiring diagram ill pm them to you

next order a fc-datalogit http://www.fc-datalogit.co.nz/ it turns the power fc in to a proper standalone -computer interface/logging/wideband
try and get one from a us dealer

you got an absolute steal for 3500 .. there is 15k worth of very hard to find parts on that car

cruise over to the conversion forum we do this sort of stuff every day

Last edited by Jaxx; 02-15-2007 at 12:04 PM.
Jaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:16 PM   #3
Guru
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 142023

I agree with Jaxx. Need the Datalogit although you can buy them here domestically from official dealers. The datalogit allows access to the main fuel mapping and other parameters.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote