Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday September 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 12-03-2001, 05:10 PM   #1
Chester2
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 12658
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
Platinum Silver Metallic

Thumbs up Carlsen Subaru - Redwood City, California

Hi all,

I just purchased my Silver WRX Wagon yesturday and thought I would share my happy purchase experience.

I've been lurking on this board since I first saw a WRX Wagon at the International Auto Show about a week ago on Thanksgiving Day. I read good things about Carlsen Subaru in Redwood City and since they are the closest dealer to me it only made sence that I check them out.

I felt very comfortable going there, I didn't get jumped on by salesmen and no one ever tried to close me. They would just ask me if I had any questions and would leave me alone after that. I ended up talking with Larry a fellow WRX owner/enthusiast who showed me his car and is very knowlegable about where to get good mods and who has better accessories than Subaru. I stopped at the dealership almost every day for a week before I finally pried my checkbook out of my pocket. They were very nice and patient with me and never once gave me any pressure.

Carlsen has a no-haggle policy and their prices are very fair. They gave me 2.75% over invoice + a $45 doc fee which worked out to about $650 over invoice total. I got a few quotes from other dealers online. One dealer pretty much matched Carlsen's prices (Ron Price) but none beat them. I know if I really shopped them I could have saved $150 or so but why? They earned my business by being so nice and easy to deal with.

The actual purchase was very easy. I asked Larry to get me an out-the-door price, a few minutes later when he came back with it it was actually much lower than I had estimated it would be. Filling out the paperwork was simple and they never even tried to sell me anything extra.

If you are considering a Subaru I highly recommend you check out Carlsen Subaru in Redwood City.

Craig
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Chester2 is offline   Reply With Quote