Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday September 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors > Non-Subaru News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2007, 02:50 PM   #1
NYCshopper
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 5126
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: www.nugateway.com
Default Evo for Frankfurt (Mitsubishi to unveil performance sedan in Germany)

Evo for Frankfurt (Mitsubishi to unveil performance sedan in Germany)

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../FREE/70306004



Quote:
Mitsubishi is moving up the world debut of the next-generation Evolution to the Frankfurt motor show in September, primarily to avoid competing with the Tokyo world premiere of the Nissan GT-R one month later.

The change also means the Evolution will go on sale a few weeks earlier in Japan, shortly after the Frankfurt reveal. U.S. sales of the 2008 Evolution being in January 2008.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
NYCshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #2
SubaDuba420
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 102793
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2008 STi
DGM

Default

DAM, Mitsubishi can't keep a secret to save thier lives They could learn a thing or 2 from Subaru about keeping thier mouth shut
SubaDuba420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:26 PM   #3
coolbluelb
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 47014
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: VB
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT
Garnet Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaDuba420 View Post
DAM, Mitsubishi can't keep a secret to save thier lives They could learn a thing or 2 from Subaru about keeping thier mouth shut
What exactly are the specs on the new Evo?
coolbluelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:24 PM   #4
SoDealer
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 67960
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default

Showdown!
SoDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:39 PM   #5
Coati
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 9106
Join Date: Aug 2001
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: 10 Doors, 2 Scoops!
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon - PSM
2008 STI - Aspen White

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDealer View Post
Showdown!
This'll be interesting. Last time (2003) Mitsubishi was only a matter of days or weeks ahead of Subaru with their flagship, and Subaru smacked them upside the head with the 300hp 2.5t.

One can only hope, with 6 months lead, they blow Mitsu out of the water.
Coati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:10 PM   #6
BlkFlat4
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 99631
Join Date: Oct 2005
Vehicle:
05 STi
Obsidian black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coati View Post
This'll be interesting. Last time (2003) Mitsubishi was only a matter of days or weeks ahead of Subaru with their flagship, and Subaru smacked them upside the head with the 300hp 2.5t.

One can only hope, with 6 months lead, they blow Mitsu out of the water.


Yeah and the evo still manage to be tested better in almost every test.. it wasn't by margin but i dont see how mitsu was slapped upside the head.
BlkFlat4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:14 PM   #7
Ghosthound
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 110979
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sacramento, Ca
Vehicle:
2010 FJ Cruiser
1999 Miata

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbluelb View Post


What exactly are the specs on the new Evo?
i think there is a lot more info about what the evo is going to have whereas with the sti, and even impreza, we have no clue what to expect at all. All we have seen is a "mazda" dressed in funky shaped clothing.
Ghosthound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:33 PM   #8
Coati
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 9106
Join Date: Aug 2001
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: 10 Doors, 2 Scoops!
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon - PSM
2008 STI - Aspen White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkFlat4 View Post
Yeah and the evo still manage to be tested better in almost every test.. it wasn't by margin but i dont see how mitsu was slapped upside the head.
I'm talking PR-wise: The STi stole their thunder. At least Mitsubishi might have a few months of uninterupted press this time.
Coati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:52 PM   #9
NYCshopper
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 5126
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: www.nugateway.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coati View Post
I'm talking PR-wise: The STi stole their thunder. At least Mitsubishi might have a few months of uninterupted press this time.
Not really, from the leaked Subaru Key Dates, the intro of the brand NEW STi is @ Sept. 2007 Frankfurt Show

the same as the brand new EVO

basically Mitsubishi is scared of the GT-R but not the STi
NYCshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:59 PM   #10
99subi
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 78118
Join Date: Dec 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Westchester NY
Vehicle:
2002 Corvette coupe
05 Legacy

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbluelb View Post


What exactly are the specs on the new Evo?
New motor, now more 4g63. Turbo is now on the firewall side of the engine.Has a twin clutch automatic transmission, thats right no more manual. They will have some problems with that tho. The motor and the trans are made to be in sync with eachother perfectly, as soon as you add power the trans will slip. so therefore with added power u will need to tune the trans too now. Im sure they will come out with some reflashes for it, but it will be a pita for tuners.
99subi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:31 PM   #11
Layman
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 3717
Join Date: Jan 2001
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Army of Northern Virginia
Vehicle:
2011 Swagger Wagon
bikes with pedals

Default

Looks great.

Shame about the DSG.
Layman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:40 PM   #12
Master2192
RIP 10/12/83 to 02/10/08
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 83254
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Roy, Washington
Vehicle:
98 2.5 RS
04 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99subi
New motor, now more 4g63. Turbo is now on the firewall side of the engine.Has a twin clutch automatic transmission, thats right no more manual. They will have some problems with that tho. The motor and the trans are made to be in sync with eachother perfectly, as soon as you add power the trans will slip. so therefore with added power u will need to tune the trans too now. Im sure they will come out with some reflashes for it, but it will be a pita for tuners.
If this article is true then there will be both a paddle Shift Manu-matic and a 6 Speed Manual.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=119065
Master2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:33 PM   #13
Rallihowie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 90306
Join Date: Jun 2005
Default mits evo X release

I was under the knowledge that Subaru are releasing the next Gen Impreza/WRX/Sti at the NY autoshow at the end of this month and ditto for the Evo X.

JD
Rallihowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:39 PM   #14
Coati
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 9106
Join Date: Aug 2001
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: 10 Doors, 2 Scoops!
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon - PSM
2008 STI - Aspen White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCshopper View Post
Not really, from the leaked Subaru Key Dates, the intro of the brand NEW STi is @ Sept. 2007 Frankfurt Show

the same as the brand new EVO

basically Mitsubishi is scared of the GT-R but not the STi

I missed that -- I thought Frankfurt was a lot sooner. Must've been thinking Geneva.

[Emily Litella] Never mind! [/Emily]
Coati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:14 AM   #15
ram95
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 121051
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Las Vegas
Vehicle:
08 8k RPM
Vtak HoNdUh

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallihowie View Post
I was under the knowledge that Subaru are releasing the next Gen Impreza/WRX/Sti at the NY autoshow at the end of this month and ditto for the Evo X.

JD
i dont think they were going to show the sti then just release the next impreza/wrx
ram95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:56 AM   #16
polaris
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 66663
Join Date: Jul 2004
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver BC
Vehicle:
2011 VW GTI
maybe '15 STI?

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram95 View Post
i dont think they were going to show the sti then just release the next impreza/wrx

Yep. We'll know sort of how an STI will look but the tech stuff will still be the topic of locked threads for a while longer
polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mercedes to Unveil Concept BlueZero in Detroit AVANTI R5 Non-Subaru News & Rumors 9 08-29-2009 03:03 PM
Dutch company to unveil electric van in Paris AVANTI R5 Non-Subaru News & Rumors 0 09-19-2008 01:52 PM
Ford to Unveil Fiesta Van in Paris AVANTI R5 Non-Subaru News & Rumors 6 09-09-2008 05:53 PM
Paris Pre-Preview: Mitsubishi to unveil production Lancer Sportback and Ralliart vers teh POD Non-Subaru News & Rumors 25 06-12-2008 02:36 PM
Mitsubishi to put the BLING in Boeing! Cjchaps Off-Topic 7 08-30-2004 11:16 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.