Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday December 19, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Private 'For Sale' Classifieds > Complete Car Part-Out

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-08-2007, 01:49 PM   #1
XeviousR
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)

Member#: 1974
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
27 James Elterman
TakataTimeAttack.com

Default LAST CALL: Parting Out '92 Subaru Legacy Turbo Sedan

Well being the pack rat that I am I've had a hard time getting rid of it, but this weekend the value of your Legacy Turbo will go up when I take mine to the junkyard. Before I do I will be pulling the 2.2L Turbo engine and 5spd (from a GC8). The 2.2L Turbo engine will be for sale. Otherwise anything left is up for grabs.

Please post up ASAP if there is anything you want me to save. I will try to respond to all posts in a timely manner but in case I can't please know that I will check the thread for the last time early Saturday morning before I load the car for the junkyard. I will be reasonable on pricing. Feel free to make offers or ask me for a price.

Click Here to View Photos

What is left...
- The shell of a '92 Subaru Legacy Turbo Sedan. The body is in mostly good condition, with typical dings here and there . No hail damage. Rust in the usual places for a Legacy of this age; rear quarters. Paint peeling in the usual places; spoiler and scoop. Never been wrecked to my knowledge. All doors, trunk, and hood close nicely. Sunroof leaks a bit.
- 2.2L Turbo Engine. The engine will not start. Presumably the timing is bad or something has interfered inside. See history below.
- Interior pieces galore; see pictures.

What is no longer available
- Transmission (mine)
- Brakes
- Wheels
- Suspension
- Seats
- Radio
- Heater-Core
- Rear-Differential
- Halfshafts
- If it isn't shown in the pictures, it is probably gone

Available but not shown
- 3.5" custom turbo back exhuast

For more details please email me.
james@shimmysideways.com

History of the car..
I purchased this car approximately 5 years ago. I purchased it with the intent of building a rally car. My wife (girlfriend at the time) used it for a daily driver for a while. Then I daily drove it for a while, and I attended and competeted in 3 rallycrosses with it. Then the automatic transmission went out. This was a bit of a blessing in disguise, because I intended to put a manual in it anyway. So I put a 5 speed in it. That really woke the car up. I throughly enjoyed it with the 5 speed for all of a month, when the waterpump seized up and threw the timing belt. I repleaced the waterpump, pulleys, and timing belt, but never got it started again. Since then I have stripped the car to feed part needs for my other Subarus.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
XeviousR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:44 PM   #2
subaru legacy turbo
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 142829
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
02 WRX -JDM swap
Red

is the hood latch bar available?
don't need the latching mechanisms?
Ian
subaru legacy turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:48 PM   #3
cjfike
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 60116
Vehicle:
1999 RS Coupe
Silver Thorn

If I only wanted the block, would you pull the heads off for shipping?
cjfike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:43 AM   #4
stupidroo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 152622

turbo setup, harness and ecu available?
stupidroo is offline   Reply With Quote