|03-08-2007, 01:49 PM||#1|
Member Sales Rating: (2)
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: St. Louis, MO, USAVehicle:
27 James Elterman
LAST CALL: Parting Out '92 Subaru Legacy Turbo Sedan
Well being the pack rat that I am I've had a hard time getting rid of it, but this weekend the value of your Legacy Turbo will go up when I take mine to the junkyard. Before I do I will be pulling the 2.2L Turbo engine and 5spd (from a GC8). The 2.2L Turbo engine will be for sale. Otherwise anything left is up for grabs.
Please post up ASAP if there is anything you want me to save. I will try to respond to all posts in a timely manner but in case I can't please know that I will check the thread for the last time early Saturday morning before I load the car for the junkyard. I will be reasonable on pricing. Feel free to make offers or ask me for a price.
Click Here to View Photos
What is left...
- The shell of a '92 Subaru Legacy Turbo Sedan. The body is in mostly good condition, with typical dings here and there . No hail damage. Rust in the usual places for a Legacy of this age; rear quarters. Paint peeling in the usual places; spoiler and scoop. Never been wrecked to my knowledge. All doors, trunk, and hood close nicely. Sunroof leaks a bit.
- 2.2L Turbo Engine. The engine will not start. Presumably the timing is bad or something has interfered inside. See history below.
- Interior pieces galore; see pictures.
What is no longer available
- Transmission (mine)
- If it isn't shown in the pictures, it is probably gone
Available but not shown
- 3.5" custom turbo back exhuast
For more details please email me.
History of the car..
I purchased this car approximately 5 years ago. I purchased it with the intent of building a rally car. My wife (girlfriend at the time) used it for a daily driver for a while. Then I daily drove it for a while, and I attended and competeted in 3 rallycrosses with it. Then the automatic transmission went out. This was a bit of a blessing in disguise, because I intended to put a manual in it anyway. So I put a 5 speed in it. That really woke the car up. I throughly enjoyed it with the 5 speed for all of a month, when the waterpump seized up and threw the timing belt. I repleaced the waterpump, pulleys, and timing belt, but never got it started again. Since then I have stripped the car to feed part needs for my other Subarus.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|1993 Subaru Legacy turbo sedan (EJ22T, Ohio)||b57m57w57||Private Vehicle 'For Sale' Classifieds||21||04-09-2006 05:51 AM|
|1991 Subaru Legacy Turbo Sedan AWD EJ22T 120k||wal.lin||Private 'For Sale' Classifieds||0||01-06-2006 09:19 PM|
|FS: 1992 Subaru Legacy Turbo Sedan||subiekid||North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC||8||04-06-2004 07:36 PM|
|FS: 1992 Subaru Legacy Turbo Sedan||subiekid||Private Vehicle 'For Sale' Classifieds||4||04-06-2004 04:29 PM|
|FS: 1992 Subaru Legacy Turbo Sedan||subiekid||Legacy Forum||4||04-05-2004 04:15 AM|