Originally Posted by scoobydrew06
I'm down for this...can you PM me the details, I'm a little confused about the whole deposit thing.
I'll go over it here in case anyone has the same question.
- You order the deposit off our site.
- That gets you on the list for the group buy, and confirms a solid order.
- When I see it come through I add you to the list so we can keep track of the total number in the group buy.
- The more we get into the group buy the lower the price becomes until we hit 21 and over.
- At the close of the group buy I put up a new product on the site for the remainder of the purchase price.
- This way your deposit of 40 + the remainder equals the final price based upon the number of participants.
- When you pay the remainder of the purchase price I ship your order, and update the list that you've paid and the ship status.
I really really hate to do the deposit thing, but I've been burned on group buys in the past where folks jumped up and down exclaiming interest, but when it came time to do the group buy nobody bought. On a couple of occasions that left me holding a lot of rather expensive parts that took a very long time to turn over. The deposit shows true interest, and a willingness to actually participate. Plus it gives a more solid count to get to the cheaper pricing tiers.
Let me give you some examples -
1) 9 people buy in, which means 9 people have paid $40. the pricing lever for 1-10 is $90. At the close of the group buy these 9 people would then order up the final payment I will put on the site at the close of the GB. That final payment will be for $50.
2) 15 people buy in, which means 15 people have paid $40. That falls into the 11-20 price range of $80 so folks would then pay the $40 at the close of the group buy.
3) 233 people buy in.... Falls into 21+ range... final payment of $30.