Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday July 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 12-10-2001, 02:54 PM   #1
djmano
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 13150
Default Price to be paid for a bare bones WRX?

hi, i live in the southern california area, and am considering a wrx. i have heard good things about renick subaru, and not much about irvine subaru. i was wondering what is the current price for wrx's? i see on websites msrp around 24-25 grand, and i was wondering how much that price is negotiable, and what it SHOULD be purchased for. if anyone has any releveant information, please post, thank you.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
djmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 08:44 PM   #2
Chester2
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 12658
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
Platinum Silver Metallic

One week ago I purchased my WRX wagon for 2.75% over invoice plus $45 doc fee (they have a no haggle policy). This is a pretty fair price. I got it from my local dealer who is very highly rated and also had the exact car I wanted in stock. They are so nice and easy to deal with I wasn't about to shop them to save a couple hundred dollars.

Some people report getting cars for as little as $300-$500 over invoice.

Craig
Chester2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 07:41 PM   #3
trickyech

Member#:

Craig,

Was that Carlsen in Redwood City? I'm also in Menlo Park and looking at the WRX as a new car (this damn Prelude is just too tiny) I've read about their no haggle policy and think that even though it's not the best best deal, it's probably worth it for the service they give. Did they let you test drive one? I need to actually drive one to see what the fuss is all about .
Old 12-11-2001, 09:06 PM   #4
Chester2
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 12658
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
Platinum Silver Metallic

trickyech,

Yes, I got my car from Carlsen in Redwood City. They are very nice over there. This is one of the few dealerships where you can walk around the lot without having a salesman pressuring you to buy the whole time. No one ever tried to "close" me there, I closed myself. Definately stop by and take a look at the cars. Ask for Larry as he is a WRX owner/enthusiast as well as a sales manager. He can answer just about any question you may have.

Carlsen does not offer test drives on the WRX. Us WRX people are very picky and won't accept a car with more than a few miles on the clock so Carlsen doesn't let anyone drive them. If you really need to drive one I think you can thrash on one down at Stevens Creek.

Carlsen has one of the largest inventories around. What more can I say. They are my local dealer, they had the car I wanted on the lot, they were very nice and offered me a very fair price without any games. They earned my business.

I know I sound like a salesman but I really like my little car.

I've noticed that all the dealers inventories of WRX's have been getting pretty thin. You may have to shop around to find the color you want. Look for cars with NO options. You can order the everything from http://www.subaruparts.com/ and save yourself a lot of money.

Craig
Chester2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 12:56 AM   #5
ron_c1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 10299
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Sedona Red Pearl

Default best bay area dealerships...

...i was able to do a testdrive at livermore subaru... another low pressure dealership here in the bay area.... they gave me the keys and told me to take it out and come back whenever i was finished.... it looks like they haven't been getting too many wrx's since then though.... their pricing wasn't too impressive though....so, i have been shopping carlsen subaru as well, and although they don't have the best prices, so far santa cruz has the best prices in the bay area...with service on par with carlsen...i'd give santa cruz a call (i spoke with sandy...can't remember the last name) or carlsen (been dealing with andreas beckman)....
ron_c1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 07:33 PM   #6
AndrewWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 13191
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Silver

Default Irvine Subaru offered one at Invoice to me.

It was on thanksgiving weekend(near end of month) and I asked after a test drive about how much over invoice. The guy replied that they were selling them at invoice(not MSRP).

But I told them I had a trade and he looked further into my trade and suggested I sell it privately and come back. I ended up buying at Big Valley from a guy who looked like he fell out of a godfather movie, he was ok but slimey. But glad I got rid of that Trooper I could not sell it privately if my life depended on it!

AndrewWRX
AndrewWRX is offline   Reply With Quote