Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 2, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-31-2007, 03:30 PM   #1
nategors
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 73740
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
1999 Impreza 2.5rs
white

Default Guages out and running low Voltage

99 RS
history of strange electical is as follows

First possible cause could be a broken fog light that has not been fixed

when it is cold out my head unit won't come on until I turn on the headlights

Last week I start hearing the click of my turn signal in my speakers and my gauge cluster dims in and out with the signal.

Then diriving to work I stop at a light with my turn signal on. When I drive forward I look at my gauges and the needles are all laying flat but the illumination is still on. Shortly after the low voltage alarm goes of on my radar detector. I'm running at 11.8V.

Figure that my alternator has failed due to the extra load from stereo and accessories.

My old Alt. is a 75amp so I put on a 90amp to compensate for the extra load.

Thought that would solve my problems. Figured the gauges were just out due to the car going into limp mode for the low voltage condition.

Started car up and am still reading 11.8V at alternator gauges still don't work. Also turn signals don't work and power windows are not functioning.
Hazards work but rear left signal doesn't blink but the bulb is fine.

I need help any info would be greatly appreciated.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by nategors; 03-31-2007 at 04:52 PM.
nategors is offline   Reply With Quote