Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday December 9, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Vendor Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2016, 03:54 PM   #1
adam sti
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 457414
Join Date: Oct 2016
Vehicle:
2004 STi
Rally blue

Default Procom racing toms river NJ

Stay away!! Wouldn't recommend anyone to this place. Bought a 04 sti for top dollar and it was a disaster. Lou the owner told me the complete opposite of what his brother said about the car. Lou's brother told me everything was original except for a couple of things. Turned out car had a new long-block with about 5k miles on it and I bought it because I believed Lou to be a trustworthy guy and I didn't think he would screw me. Well I was wrong. 3 weeks after buying the car there was a rod knock. I took apart the motor completely and the cylinder walls were shot. Brought it to more than one machine shop and they both said the same thing, when the motor was rebuilt previously they just honed it down when it should of been bore'd. The scratching on the walls did not match the pistions, which means it was there when it was all assembled.
ALSO - these guys have a strong tendency to leave bolts loose. when looking at the car before purchasing he said there was a strut clunk in the rear. Well it wasn't a strut clunk it was the subframe smacking against the body because there was 1 bolt holding it when there should be 3 and that 1 bolt that was still intact was not even tight, it was half way out. I live on LI and I heard that thing smacking the whole way back. Im surprised the whole rear end didn't fall out. There were several oil leaks. (Lou's brother said no leaks at all). about 80% of the leaks were because of loose bolts, the other 20% was because of poor usage of gasket sealer.
ALSO - When I purchased the car it was missing the passenger side mirror cover. He said he would mail it to me within a couple days. When I scanned it run cycles were incomplete. He claimed thats because he just tuned it for no rear o2 sensor. Well check engine light came on , on the way back. He agreed to put an o2 sensor in it and retune it. So I had to return to NJ a week later to get it tuned. BEFORE I returned to get the o2 sensor and re-tune he said he was going to have the mirror cover when I get there. Well he lied. He did not have it and again he said he would mail it to me. Well 2 weeks later I still don't have it.
save your time and your money, dont go here
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
adam sti is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2016 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2016, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.