Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 30, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Vendor Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2007, 02:21 PM   #26
Paranoid Fabrications
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (101)
 
Member#: 140712
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX STI
White

Default

just have to give a bump. ordered a bunch of lube from them and got it super quick. when i got the box i told the GF i got a box of lube and she just gave me that look. i just grinned and said shes going to love the smell of some 90w

will post again once i have this wonderfully cocktail in my car lube is good

will order more stuff from these guys in the future, super easy to deal with and they ship uber quick.

Shane
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Paranoid Fabrications is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:05 PM   #27
vokalize770
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (3)
 
Member#: 160735
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boston
Vehicle:
02 WRX wagon, WRB
XPT Stg 2 w/GMBCS

Default

I ordered tranny fluids and gaskets for my uppipe install, and the customer service was great. Even though one of my gaskets was backordered, Justin got it out a week after my other stuff shipped, and I'll be able to have my Upipe installed very soon. They definitely earned a repeat customer.

**Edit**
They shipped out my backordered gasket via express priority mail and it got delivered the same day as the rest of my order, lol. Thanks guys, couldn't have worked out better.

Last edited by vokalize770; 12-30-2007 at 04:31 PM. Reason: recieved parts
vokalize770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:35 PM   #28
UP2MTNS
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (2)
 
Member#: 112405
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: San Francisco
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Rally Car
Silver, Black, and Decals

Default

Justin and Josh have been helping me with my rally build. headers, uppipe, hood dampers, and soon to come: coated TMIC! (APS)

They've been great to work with and I'm looking forward to getting more of their products on my car...thanks guys!
UP2MTNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:07 PM   #29
02blubru
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 109651
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Minnesota
Vehicle:
2004 FXT
Red

Default

just ordered uncle scottys cocktail from them. I think I ordered it tuesday and got it friday. Thanks justin and grimmspeed
02blubru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:11 PM   #30
GrimmSpeed
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (211)
 
Member#: 136396
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX, 2012 WRX,
2013 BRZ, 2006 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Fabrications View Post
just have to give a bump. ordered a bunch of lube from them and got it super quick. when i got the box i told the GF i got a box of lube and she just gave me that look. i just grinned and said shes going to love the smell of some 90w

will post again once i have this wonderfully cocktail in my car lube is good

will order more stuff from these guys in the future, super easy to deal with and they ship uber quick.

Shane
haha nice..i'm sure she'll be happy knowing there is more on the way too

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokalize770 View Post
I ordered tranny fluids and gaskets for my uppipe install, and the customer service was great. Even though one of my gaskets was backordered, Justin got it out a week after my other stuff shipped, and I'll be able to have my Upipe installed very soon. They definitely earned a repeat customer.

**Edit**
They shipped out my backordered gasket via express priority mail and it got delivered the same day as the rest of my order, lol. Thanks guys, couldn't have worked out better.
glad everything worked out nicely for you and you ended up getting that gasket on that same day.


Quote:
Originally Posted by UP2MTNS View Post
Justin and Josh have been helping me with my rally build. headers, uppipe, hood dampers, and soon to come: coated TMIC! (APS)

They've been great to work with and I'm looking forward to getting more of their products on my car...thanks guys!
your welcome! expecting your aps tmic to be here today then its off to the coater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02blubru View Post
just ordered uncle scottys cocktail from them. I think I ordered it tuesday and got it friday. Thanks justin and grimmspeed
your welcome as well, anytime. let us know how that cocktail works out for you.


Justin
www.grimmspeed.com
AIM: GrimmSpd
612.481.5731
GrimmSpeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:37 PM   #31
Butterz
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (25)
 
Member#: 21205
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: ATX
Vehicle:
2004 Poopwagon
2010 135i

Default

Thanks GrimmSpeed!!

I've ordered a set of hood struts and quite a few of the RemFlex gaskets from you over the past month or so. Great experiences thus far. I will likely be ordering some more parts from you relatively soon.
Butterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:45 PM   #32
Paranoid Fabrications
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (101)
 
Member#: 140712
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX STI
White

Default

man, just got more lube in the mail. thanks guys, i love your lube, the GF loves it also.
will take pics soon as i get off my ass and put the plastic sheets on the bed
thanks again for the quick shipping and great deals.
ohh, also got a nice shinny cross over pipe man, sooo shinny. i will put some lube on it and take a pic asap also
Shane
Paranoid Fabrications is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:28 PM   #33
Teamugi
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 7771
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Default

Just want to give GrimmSpeed a positive review, they were quick with their shipping and answered any questions you have for them. Good vendor.
Teamugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:07 PM   #34
GrimmSpeed
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (211)
 
Member#: 136396
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX, 2012 WRX,
2013 BRZ, 2006 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterz View Post
Thanks GrimmSpeed!!

I've ordered a set of hood struts and quite a few of the RemFlex gaskets from you over the past month or so. Great experiences thus far. I will likely be ordering some more parts from you relatively soon.
glad you are enjoying the hood struts!!...i wish i could be too(stupid GC with different fitment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Fabrications View Post
man, just got more lube in the mail. thanks guys, i love your lube, the GF loves it also.
will take pics soon as i get off my ass and put the plastic sheets on the bed
thanks again for the quick shipping and great deals.
ohh, also got a nice shinny cross over pipe man, sooo shinny. i will put some lube on it and take a pic asap also
Shane
we gots the good kind of lube up here in minnysoooda.
GrimmSpeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:50 PM   #35
fujiillin
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (6)
 
Member#: 171344
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UDel
Vehicle:
2006 STi Wagon
Black HTA Green

Default

Well, after about a month of downtime, the wagon is back

I got a ported/coated TB-Manifold-TGV-Phenolic package, it looks great, and works even better.

We had a mixup with drive by wire and cable, but the guys at GrimmSpeed covered my shipping and I had a new STI manifold and throttle body in no time.

Looking forward to getting my headers done, and a 44mm v-band EWG. If you need a tester for the TXS 4" DP, let me know.

Thanks again!
-Merrill
fujiillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:50 PM   #36
GrimmSpeed
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (211)
 
Member#: 136396
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX, 2012 WRX,
2013 BRZ, 2006 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujiillin View Post
Well, after about a month of downtime, the wagon is back

I got a ported/coated TB-Manifold-TGV-Phenolic package, it looks great, and works even better.

We had a mixup with drive by wire and cable, but the guys at GrimmSpeed covered my shipping and I had a new STI manifold and throttle body in no time.

Looking forward to getting my headers done, and a 44mm v-band EWG. If you need a tester for the TXS 4" DP, let me know.

Thanks again!
-Merrill

thanks for being such a great customer Merrill! We're definitely working on gett the 44mm v-band ewg kit out. As for testing the txs 4" dp, we already had a nasioc'r test it out for us and it worked! check it out here... http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1435370


Justin
www.grimmspeed.com
GrimmSpeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:00 PM   #37
TK421
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (31)
 
Member#: 146200
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Orange County
Vehicle:
2009 Supermoto

Default

grimmspeed rules, there products are awsome too...

I picked up a set of grimmspeed ported & polished header, and a x-over pipe, amzing port job...I picked up 15whp after i got retuned last week
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:29 PM   #38
thumpetto007
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (14)
 
Member#: 156358
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
1995 Toyota Tercel
Depressed.

Default

Customer Service is the BEST!!!

They overnighted the phenolic spacers on an IOU. (94 bucks on an 18 year old's word...)

I just recieved all the pnp exhaust parts, including the EWG kit and td04, and everything looked great on first impression. One minor thing though that I didn't expect (don't be hating on me justin or josh...) for the fabricated parts (crosspipe, and ewg up pipe) all the tubes didn't really match to the flanges, and were not ground down. It's up to 2mm difference, and as far as flow is concerned, that definitely doesn't help things. I, unfortunately am a very picky person, and so my experience is probably not the norm. I'm sure, though, that once on the car I won't be complaining anymore about a 2hp issue I can't wait for the spool...

Their service is really the very best i've ever dealt with, and both josh and justin don't get annoyed at my incessent (sp?) questions.

Oh, and their prices are really low... very inticing to those with lower budgets!

So all in all, YAY GRIMMSPEED! Sporting the banner, i'll get pics for you soon justin.
thumpetto007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:06 PM   #39
GrimmSpeed
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (211)
 
Member#: 136396
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX, 2012 WRX,
2013 BRZ, 2006 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpetto007 View Post
Customer Service is the BEST!!!

They overnighted the phenolic spacers on an IOU. (94 bucks on an 18 year old's word...)

I just recieved all the pnp exhaust parts, including the EWG kit and td04, and everything looked great on first impression. One minor thing though that I didn't expect (don't be hating on me justin or josh...) for the fabricated parts (crosspipe, and ewg up pipe) all the tubes didn't really match to the flanges, and were not ground down. It's up to 2mm difference, and as far as flow is concerned, that definitely doesn't help things. I, unfortunately am a very picky person, and so my experience is probably not the norm. I'm sure, though, that once on the car I won't be complaining anymore about a 2hp issue I can't wait for the spool...

Their service is really the very best i've ever dealt with, and both josh and justin don't get annoyed at my incessent (sp?) questions.

Oh, and their prices are really low... very inticing to those with lower budgets!

So all in all, YAY GRIMMSPEED! Sporting the banner, i'll get pics for you soon justin.

glad you liked that parts! as far as there being 2mm "extra", you need that. You absolutely do not want to make the port hole exactly the same size as the gasket, if you do this you will have issues. When you install the gasket you are never going to get it perfectly centered so you need a little "wiggle" room so the gasket doesnt end up being in the exhaust path.

hit me up with those pics of the banner!
GrimmSpeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:42 AM   #40
stikboy9
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (14)
 
Member#: 85019
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Podunk
Vehicle:
MY02 & MY04 Turbo'd
Money Pits

Default

Grimmspeed rocks! Answered all emails promptly and even sent out a "heads up" email that I thought was pretty cool. I got my black ceramic coated UP on Saturday. Install went smooth and everything lined up perfectly. Great product from a great vendor. I'll definitely be picking up a manifold/crosspipe package from them. Thanks for the shirt Justin!

- Dave
stikboy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:43 AM   #41
GrimmSpeed
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (211)
 
Member#: 136396
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX, 2012 WRX,
2013 BRZ, 2006 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikboy9 View Post
Grimmspeed rocks! Answered all emails promptly and even sent out a "heads up" email that I thought was pretty cool. I got my black ceramic coated UP on Saturday. Install went smooth and everything lined up perfectly. Great product from a great vendor. I'll definitely be picking up a manifold/crosspipe package from them. Thanks for the shirt Justin!

- Dave
Glad the install went as planned, and everything was perfect!


Josh
www.grimmspeed.com
GrimmSpeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:09 PM   #42
Unlikely Hero
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)
 
Member#: 126091
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Emily, MN
Vehicle:
02 WRX Wagon
WRB

Default My on going problems with GrimmSpeed

Thought I share my problems with Grimmspeed to maybe get a response from them.

When I decided to get a uppipe, I did a search and GrimmSpeed was on the high side of good recommendations, good quality and good customer service, which is a huge reason why I went with them. Well its been over a month now since I ordered with nothing to show for it. I had to file a paypal complaint to get any response with was somewhat friendly. The said that they were backordered but would getting them in within the week (two weeks ago) and how they couldn't send it until I took off the paypal complaint. Well i did that and now no word from them once again. i've tried emailing them a couple time but no updates, reponses, anything. Pretty upset here.
=Jason-
Unlikely Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:14 AM   #43
GrimmSpeed
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (211)
 
Member#: 136396
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX, 2012 WRX,
2013 BRZ, 2006 STI

Default

have you sent us an email lately? I believe you were the one that filed the complaint and i told you that they were on back order and you said you would wait it out. our last batch that was coming back from our finishers got stuck in chicago o'hare airport secuirty for 3 weeks. they have been released on friday and we should have them any day.

i apologize if we have missed your email...we have had 2 of our guys leave in the last week so we are trying to reorganize on that front. You should have received an email directly from fedex when the order shipped.

Please pm me or email me if you have other questions.



Justin

Last edited by GrimmSpeed; 03-30-2008 at 04:22 AM.
GrimmSpeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:46 AM   #44
Unlikely Hero
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)
 
Member#: 126091
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Emily, MN
Vehicle:
02 WRX Wagon
WRB

Default

Sent an email as of like last thursday/friday. I just would like an update once in awhile, especially when you give a time frame and then can't make it.
=Jason-
Unlikely Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:52 PM   #45
TheShad0w
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (19)
 
Member#: 91925
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Flower Mound, TX
Vehicle:
2005 Saabaru 92-x
AWDTuning.com

Default TGV deletes/Phenolic Spacer results

I figured I would post up my tuning results before and after their product.

Background on the car

06 STI w/ FP Green 2.4",DW 850's, EL Perrin header, Intake, intercooler, Cobb TBE, SMC alchy kit 100% alcohol on 91oct.

Car had a custom tune from another shop, but the owner felt there was some power left on the table so he brought it down to get re-tuned and to get the TGV deletes and phenolic spacers installed.

First off, the products were well machined and included everything we need to do the install - nicely packaged as well.

We started by taking a baseline from his current tune.


We then unmarried the accessport and started from scratch w/ open source tools. Tuned the car for about an hour and averaged ~350hp.. here is one of the last pulls but we were getting some heat soak by this point.


Next, we headed back to the garage and tore the car down to the heads and reassembled everything with our new shiny TGV deletes and spacers.
After a small break we began tuning again, about an hour, and a few more psi later we managed to do this:


I played around with it for about another hour while a nice cold front blew though and dropped the temps outside into the low 40's.

We then made this pull


All of these pulls are road dyno pulls, utilizing the same smoothing factor and no correction used.

The next day we made consecutive passes to ensure the safety and consistency of the tune. Even after significant heat and multiple passes, our number was dead on averaging ~365 in about 70 degree temps.

I have TGV deletes on my car as well, but I had not had a chance to perform somewhat of a controlled test. The largest benefit I could feel was consistency even under extreme heat, much higher torque, and smoothness. The turbo was kind of choppy at high boost prior to the TGV deletes. Obviously allot of the total gain was made from additional boost, but there is no denying that the TGV deletes helped the car utilize the boost to its full potential.

Anyhow, hope ya'll enjoyed the review.

Thanks, Keith @ awdtuning.

Last edited by TheShad0w; 04-14-2008 at 08:20 PM.
TheShad0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:00 AM   #46
GrimmSpeed
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (211)
 
Member#: 136396
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX, 2012 WRX,
2013 BRZ, 2006 STI

Default

looks like our tgv deletes and spacers added some nice power to your setup. there is so much we gut out of those tgv's so you should definitely be seeing great gains just like this!


Justin
www.grimmspeed.com
GrimmSpeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:22 PM   #47
hettchen
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 155169
Join Date: Jul 2007
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Western Kansas
Vehicle:
2006 sti fp red alky
awdtuning.com 11.6@119mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmSpeed View Post
looks like our tgv deletes and spacers added some nice power to your setup. there is so much we gut out of those tgv's so you should definitely be seeing great gains just like this!


Justin
www.grimmspeed.com
Justin, Thanks for everything including the amazing customer service. The car is absolutely amazing! U mite ask wats next. . . Grimmspeeds external wastegate kit. I cant wait. will be callin ya soon.

Thanks again,
robert kansas
hettchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:01 AM   #48
TheShad0w
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (19)
 
Member#: 91925
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Flower Mound, TX
Vehicle:
2005 Saabaru 92-x
AWDTuning.com

Default

I'm back again with some more testing on grimmspeed products...this time on a grimmspeed/awdtuning sponsored circuit car see link below.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...&postcount=330

TheShad0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:49 AM   #49
UP2MTNS
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (2)
 
Member#: 112405
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: San Francisco
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Rally Car
Silver, Black, and Decals

Default Thanks Grimmspeed!!!

UP2MTNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:29 PM   #50
GrimmSpeed
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (211)
 
Member#: 136396
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX, 2012 WRX,
2013 BRZ, 2006 STI

Default

Man that thing is beautiful!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| AIM: GrimmSpd | Phone: 612-379-0000
Email:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GrimmSpeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From me to you! (The merged Merry Christmas thread) subiepntbllr North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 76 12-26-2008 12:54 AM
Attn: Jamz (the merged thread) subarurabbit New England Impreza Club Forum -- NESIC 42 04-12-2002 08:42 PM
What happened to the AWD Dyno? + Update merge SubyRSImpreza New England Impreza Club Forum -- NESIC 23 08-20-2001 07:41 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2015, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.