Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday February 12, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 03:59 AM   #15226
topdawgx99
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 164173
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: NoVA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeswalzer View Post
THESE ARE RIMS



THESE ARE RIMS



THIS IS A RIM




THESE ARE FACES:





TOGETHER THESE MAKE WHEELS:



GET IT?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
topdawgx99 is offline  
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:34 AM   #15227
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

so now, by your logic, the fact that wheels have rims is completely irrelevant?

again, this is probably the DUMBEST thing you kiddies decide to argue about.
sc00by4life is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 09:04 AM   #15228
todeswalzer
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 191495
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Lowell MA
Vehicle:
'05 WRB GTX3071R
JDM V8 EJ207 USDM 6MT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life
so now, by your logic, the fact that wheels have rims is completely irrelevant?

again, this is probably the DUMBEST thing you kiddies decide to argue about.
My car has wheels, which in turn have rims.

Is my car a wheel?
Is my car a rim?
Is the air in this room a football?
Is this bottle of water a coffee?

Just because you are a dick, and at the same time HAVE a dick does not mean this principal applies to everything
todeswalzer is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 09:25 AM   #15229
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeswalzer View Post
My car has wheels, which in turn have rims.

Is my car a wheel?
Is my car a rim?
Is the air in this room a football?
Is this bottle of water a coffee?

Just because you are a dick, and at the same time HAVE a dick does not mean this principal applies to everything
because the key words are "are" and "have" have significant impacts on the actual meaning of what you are saying. While they are both verbs, they have completely different connotations when used in speech. The difference, is that "have" is possessive. Obviously, you understand that a rim is part of a wheel, so how hard it is to grasp that through some form of connection, the car also possesses the rims found on the wheels.

Wheels have rims. Cars have wheels. Cars have wheels which have rims. Cars have rims (on their wheels).

Seriously, I understand your point, but not only is your logic ****ing stupid, but this is the dumbest argument you kiddies INSIST on bickering over.

English language, learn it.

Last edited by sc00by4life; 03-18-2011 at 09:38 AM.
sc00by4life is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #15230
e-wrx-ion
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 192377
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: NOVA
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Sportwagon
Sonic Yellow

Default

Really making progress in here boys.
e-wrx-ion is online now  
Old 03-18-2011, 09:35 AM   #15231
todeswalzer
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 191495
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Lowell MA
Vehicle:
'05 WRB GTX3071R
JDM V8 EJ207 USDM 6MT

Default

My whole point is wheels ARE NOT rims.


And my logic is always stupid, but im always right.
todeswalzer is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #15232
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

but wheels HAVE rims . and cars definitely (i would hope) HAVE wheels.
sc00by4life is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #15233
todeswalzer
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 191495
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Lowell MA
Vehicle:
'05 WRB GTX3071R
JDM V8 EJ207 USDM 6MT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life
but wheels HAVE rims . and cars definitely (i would hope) HAVE wheels.
Yes45
todeswalzer is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #15234
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeswalzer View Post
Yes45
and those wheels have rims .












































sc00by4life is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #15235
todeswalzer
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 191495
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Lowell MA
Vehicle:
'05 WRB GTX3071R
JDM V8 EJ207 USDM 6MT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life

and those wheels have rims .
Mind = blown
todeswalzer is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #15236
Panza
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 269042
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2011 DGM STI Sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrdbasmn5 View Post
When I first met my current girlfriend, she sees my car (03 WRX Wagon) for the first time and says: "Hahahahaha, it's ok, I drive a Prius!"

Annnnnd swallow sadness
Here's a saying for you sir. "It's the way you use it that matters"
Panza is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #15237
Panza
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 269042
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2011 DGM STI Sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowgodCCR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewvdw View Post
I LITERALLY just hung and shook my head in shame...we all know that 300C owners all have at least 24" rims, hahahahahaha
I've only got the stock 18" WHEELS on mine.
WHEELS
WHEELS

Cars have WHEELS, wheels have rims.

Really?
I don't understand how we got to car wheels having rims from...



from 24" rims...
Panza is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #15238
CanadianScooby
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 264153
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The great white north
Vehicle:
1999 impreza 2.5 RS
rally pearl blue

Default

Nope I deny the fact that cars have rims, wheels or even tires at all. no not even a steering wheel. also my steering wheel does not have a rim but it does have a talladega nights steering wheel cover.
CanadianScooby is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 05:02 PM   #15239
pheonix991
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 154173
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ghetto, AR
Vehicle:
2006 STI

Default

He may have been just a parts guy, but, I kind of expected him to know this. I came in wanting some gear oil so I can do my 30k maintenance that I think was never done on my car before I bought it.

Me: I need transmission gear oil for my STI.
Parts guy: What kind of car?
Me: Impreza STI
PG: Automatic or 5 speed?
Me: 6 speed.
Us: Conversation about how I want to use subaru gear oil, not GM, and how they only use GM gear oil at this dealership and they would have to order a whole case of it...

Idk you guys might think I'm a dick for expecting a guy working at a subaru dealership to know what transmission an STI has. I thought it was amusing.
pheonix991 is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #15240
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheonix991 View Post
He may have been just a parts guy, but, I kind of expected him to know this. I came in wanting some gear oil so I can do my 30k maintenance that I think was never done on my car before I bought it.

Me: I need transmission gear oil for my STI.
Parts guy: What kind of car?
Me: Impreza STI
PG: Automatic or 5 speed?
Me: 6 speed.
Us: Conversation about how I want to use subaru gear oil, not GM, and how they only use GM gear oil at this dealership and they would have to order a whole case of it...

Idk you guys might think I'm a dick for expecting a guy working at a subaru dealership to know what transmission an STI has. I thought it was amusing.
Just because he works at a dealership, doesn't mean he knows the cars or is even an enthusiest. Its a job.

And the GM Hypoy C is GREAT. In fact, its one of the major components of Uncle Scotty's tranny cocktail. You should take his advice .

Last edited by sc00by4life; 03-18-2011 at 05:14 PM.
sc00by4life is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 05:33 PM   #15241
pheonix991
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 154173
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ghetto, AR
Vehicle:
2006 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
Just because he works at a dealership, doesn't mean he knows the cars or is even an enthusiest. Its a job.

And the GM Hypoy C is GREAT. In fact, its one of the major components of Uncle Scotty's tranny cocktail. You should take his advice .
The transmission is shifting smoothly, I don't want to put anything different in there, JUST IN CASE!
pheonix991 is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #15242
drewvdw
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 255776
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Laramie, WY
Vehicle:
2010 LR WRX
MPS powered.

Default

On the topic of uncle scotty's cocktail, would there be any advantage/disadvantage to running it in a good working tranny?
drewvdw is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 05:56 PM   #15243
CanadianScooby
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 264153
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The great white north
Vehicle:
1999 impreza 2.5 RS
rally pearl blue

Default

what is scottys tranny cocktail i have heard of it but i don't know exactly whats in it
CanadianScooby is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #15244
drewvdw
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 255776
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Laramie, WY
Vehicle:
2010 LR WRX
MPS powered.

Default

Paging uncle scotty, uncle scotty to the O.R. please.

I don't know, I'll search a little quick
drewvdw is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 06:03 PM   #15245
pheonix991
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 154173
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ghetto, AR
Vehicle:
2006 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewvdw View Post
On the topic of uncle scotty's cocktail, would there be any advantage/disadvantage to running it in a good working tranny?
I've heard to use it if your tranny is on it's last leg, and you NEED it to last a little bit longer.

I've heard it is the best thing since sliced bread.

I've heard it is a tranny killer.

I've heard use OEM gear oil.

I've heard a lot of things, doesn't make any one better than the other. The topic has been beaten like a dead horse, so, do your research, make your own opinion.

I'm sticking to OEM gear oil.
pheonix991 is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #15246
AWD P & A
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 255962
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Mason, TN
Vehicle:
1999 2.5RS 2.35L
Black Diamond Pearl

Default

Boy has this thread wend down hill
AWD P & A is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #15247
drewvdw
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 255776
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Laramie, WY
Vehicle:
2010 LR WRX
MPS powered.

Default

Ok, the recipe:

1qt Redline lightweight shockproof
1qt Pennzoil Synchromesh
2qt Castrol HypoyC 80w-90

Humor a newb and give me the basics about it, maybe a pm would be best to avoid spamming this thread.
drewvdw is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 06:11 PM   #15248
prochucker
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21038
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Jacksonville, FL JMS #12
Vehicle:
05 STi CGM
08 WRX 5D SSM

Subaru Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewvdw View Post
On the topic of uncle scotty's cocktail, would there be any advantage/disadvantage to running it in a good working tranny?
Yes, there is an advantage to running it in a good tranny. It will make it shift smoother run quieter and longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianScooby View Post
what is scottys tranny cocktail i have heard of it but i don't know exactly whats in it
Link to a thread about it.
prochucker is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #15249
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheonix991 View Post

I've heard a lot of things, doesn't make any one better than the other. The topic has been beaten like a dead horse, so, do your research, make your own opinion.

I'm sticking to OEM gear oil.
In this case, you are wrong.

There is nothing wrong with sticking to OEM, but Scottys cocktail has been proven to be one of THE BEST gear oils you can put in a Subaru transmission. There is a reason several highly successful track teams have utilized his winning combination.
sc00by4life is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #15250
fbi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 236464
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Ontario, Canada!
Vehicle:
2005 WRX STi
Rally Blue

Default

The other day I was at the local Kwick Way getting my mail, when an old chap in an outback comes up to me asking me about my STI.
It was a blessing to hear and old guy actually having a conversation with me about Subaru. Even offered his opinion on where the best alignment place in the array was. For a second there I thought I was going to have a Subaru buddy... then he quickly scurried off after doing a :| seeing my DVD/Nav (single DIN).

Another Old dude riding off into the sun set.

Now, when I'm old I can say, I remember when wheels use to have rims!
fbi is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Funniest or most unexpected thing you've heard/seen your parents do fokai Off-Topic 41 07-15-2012 02:59 PM
Whats the funniest slang term(s) you've heard? imprezaf Off-Topic 190 01-11-2012 12:50 AM
Whats the worst ticket you've received in your suby? wrxstiracer04 Off-Topic 96 01-12-2011 12:33 AM
What comments, conversations, or phrases have you gotten about your car? Evil_STI South West Impreza Club Forum -- SWIC 83 12-14-2010 04:50 PM
Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your audio/video system? mechanizeddeath Car Audio, Video & Security 11 04-07-2009 10:06 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2016 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2016, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.