Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday October 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
North West Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:47 PM   #1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 108795
Default Time for 4th annual Come Home Alive teen drivers school

OK first post for the year. 4th annual Come Home Alive Teen driving experience. Event hosted By NWAA in Astoria OR with much help from Willamette Motor Club.

3 days April 27-28-29. Friday night ground school hosted at Seaside High School instructed by world record holder Gary Bockman.

Saturday in car experience with instructors and students Among our instructors will be Rob Golden, from Pineapple Racing Past instructors have included Mick, from PDX Tunning, Subiegal, Paul Eklund and many others. instuctor list is forming now, get those student applications fired up

Also Saturday, annual Spring cruise car show hosted by Lower columbia Classics @ the Camp Rilea National Guard base for those hitting Sundays event, but too old for drivers school, imports welcome and they usually have several hundred cars and thousands of spectators

Sunday OCEAN RUN 4 Down Town Seaside Oregon. Autocross, 60 car max field, pre registration recomended, limited vendor booths, spectators, fast cars, and the beach
this is a weekend you dont want to miss.

visit www.nwautosports.org for details on drivers school, email contacts for weekend info. or email to president@nwautosports.org
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
682000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:37 PM   #2
Scooby Newbie

wow viewed 37 times and no applications, class is filling up and no subarus yet. Where else are you going to get a chance to rub shoulders with folks like Rally master extreme Paul Eklund, tuner aces like Mick Posner from PDX and Rob Golden from Pineapple Racing, for 15 Bucks, and the money goes for a good cause. If your too old for school then come down for the big cruise in car show Saturday and hang out for the Auto X Sunday Last year had Oregon "Top Dawg" autocross champion Jerry Jenkins here, dont know yet who all is coming this year, but dont want to be last, my entry is already in
Old 03-23-2007, 01:31 PM   #3
Scooby Newbie

Default Bump for event flyers and Crab feed

The weekend of the 27-29th is not only advanced driving skills weekend, it has Car show, Crab festival, Saturday night go kart races, Downtown city autocross, whats not to like?

Make hotel reservations Early

Advanced Driver Training for Teens and Young Adults!!!

Auto crashes KILL more teens than guns and drugs

What? This is an opportunity for young drivers to receive car control training from experienced competition drivers from around the Pacific Northwest. During this three day class, students will first learn about driving safety and car control. Then the students will be put behind the wheel and experience emergency situations (such as Skid Control, How to manage brakes, and Emergency lane changes). On the last day, students are welcome to participate in an autocross (an obstacle course competition).

Where & When? On Friday night the 27th of April, class will be held in the Seaside High School Library. On Saturday, the 28th of April, behind the wheel driving will take place at the Deep River Course in Nacelle WA Sunday, the SEASIDE GRAND PRIX autocross competition will be held in Downtown Seaside, at the convention Center.

Who? The first thirty students who reply by applications will be accepted. In order to receive and application you will need to contact Emalee Newby by phone at 503-861-9288, email pacpub@pacificpublicsafety.com or Seaside High School.

Cost? ONLY 15Bucks!!!

This Pacifica project is led by Alicia Newby, Xandra Jobe, and Zach Lockwood

Also volunteering Casey Pappas and Katie Shade

Trust US, You’ll Never Have More fun Driving your car!!

During the behind the wheel driving experience, The Lower Columbia Classics will be holding their annual Car show @ Camp Rilea National Guard base. Non students or parents can come and enjoy cool cars, music and vendors

Presented by Northwest Autosports Association

www.nwautosports.org

Sponsored by
Old 03-23-2007, 04:15 PM   #4
Amanda Moen
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 71683
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2003 Accord V6 6MT
Sapphire Blue Pearl

Oops, didn't see this originally. I want to go. I wanted to do it last year, but I had a dance performance that weekend. If I do it, my biggest thing will be figuring out which car to do it in. The underpowered Metro convertible, or the fully-loaded 6 speed Accord? Guess that goes with the thinking, if I do it in the Metro, which has power brakes, I'll be able to driver safer/better in anything? Much thinking and conversing with my parents to be had.
Amanda Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:45 PM   #5
Scooby Newbie

Default welcome

Either car will be fine, although if you stay for sundays autocross, the Accord will be more fun, bring a friend and share the ride.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:10 PM   #6
mick_the_ginge
Citizen Mick

Member#: 27646
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2003 Sleeved 2.5
Oil Dry Sump Goodness

Bump for a good event.....

Sorry I'm out of town in Washington DC that weekend so I am going to have to miss the event. Have fun and drive safe.

Cheers - Mick
mick_the_ginge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:58 AM   #7
Scooby Newbie

OK time is short, so just a few picks from lat year to whet your appetite

Old 04-20-2007, 10:50 AM   #8
Scooby Newbie

Bump
School has 4-5 slots left but entries coming in in mail every day if you want in on school send me a PM or Email to web link ASAP

Down town Seaside AutoX 8 dayst to go!!! have 32 Auto x entries as of last night, recieved 2 entries by Email yesterday, but its not to late. pre registration recomended, but not required. If it fills up tho you wont get in.

Hurry!!!!
Old 04-27-2007, 12:26 AM   #9
Scooby Newbie

OK we have had a couple cancelations this afternoon, leaving some open slots, so.... if you under 23 and you email ASAP we can get you in to the school, many of our waiting list are otherwise ocupied this late, also leaves our hotel with a few open rooms