Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday April 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 02:07 PM   #7451
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134785
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Vehicle:
2006 CGM STi
413whp / 356wtq FP GREEN

Default

great observation Louie, and i agree... but with the angle it was shot, thats really hard to notice. certainly, all of us photogs/editors see the little things... the question is... would that photo fly past the average user? i think so...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SkimSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:58 AM   #7452
StE823
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 78673
Join Date: Jan 2005
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Toronto
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza 2.5RS
www.shutterlit.com

Default

Here's some photoshop work I did today... First time shooting a truck lol..

StE823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #7453
Acingteam
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 188432
Join Date: Sep 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: CT
Vehicle:
2003 Subaru WRX
Wagon PSM

Default

^ That's pretty awesome.
Acingteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #7454
Louie
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 43393
Join Date: Sep 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Middle River
Vehicle:
2011 STi
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkimSTI
great observation Louie, and i agree... but with the angle it was shot, thats really hard to notice. certainly, all of us photogs/editors see the little things... the question is... would that photo fly past the average user? i think so...
Absolutely, probably a desk top for many pc.
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #7455
InkyRail
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 267266
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2008 Lan Evo X GSR
CZ4A, D06

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
I would love to see the original, uncropped version. As far as the car itself, I think there's just a tiny bit too much of the side of the car, and not enough of the front for that 3/4 shot. I also probably would've gotten even lower in elevation.
Thanks for your thoughts Armin! Here is the original crop:


IMG_3260p2 by InkyRail, on Flickr
InkyRail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:52 PM   #7456
Verdugo
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 15341
Join Date: Feb 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Sea-Town, WA
Vehicle:
2012 Borderline Pro
Photographer of the Year

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StE823 View Post
Here's some photoshop work I did today... First time shooting a truck lol..
The "future of photography," right?
Verdugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:55 PM   #7457
Verdugo
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 15341
Join Date: Feb 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Sea-Town, WA
Vehicle:
2012 Borderline Pro
Photographer of the Year

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkyRail View Post
Thanks for your thoughts Armin! Here is the original crop:
Here's how I would've cropped it, with a tiny bit of rotation too:

Verdugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #7458
Acingteam
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 188432
Join Date: Sep 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: CT
Vehicle:
2003 Subaru WRX
Wagon PSM

Default

Hey guys, so I decided to go ahead and re-edit this shot. Did minor corrections, fixed some blown out spots. I thought it looked much better in B&W as it isolated the subject more and gave it more pop. What do you guys think?

Acingteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #7459
StE823
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 78673
Join Date: Jan 2005
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Toronto
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza 2.5RS
www.shutterlit.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
The "future of photography," right?
StE823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:05 AM   #7460
JON-E25WRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 225389
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Sandy, UT
Vehicle:
03 wrx, MBP 08V
rotated 35r VOLTEX bugeye

Default

your car acingteam? cuz i love it
JON-E25WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:42 AM   #7461
Acingteam
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 188432
Join Date: Sep 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: CT
Vehicle:
2003 Subaru WRX
Wagon PSM

Default

^ Thanks. It used to be, I recently sold it.
Acingteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #7462
Verdugo
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 15341
Join Date: Feb 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Sea-Town, WA
Vehicle:
2012 Borderline Pro
Photographer of the Year

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acingteam View Post
Hey guys, so I decided to go ahead and re-edit this shot. Did minor corrections, fixed some blown out spots. I thought it looked much better in B&W as it isolated the subject more and gave it more pop. What do you guys think?
I love where you're going with this, Igor. One thing that stands out is that the white background isn't showing through the passenger side windows, and the white background itself isn't totally white on the right side of the frame. I thought it might've just been my monitor, but I checked it here at work too and it's the same.
Verdugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #7463
Acingteam
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 188432
Join Date: Sep 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: CT
Vehicle:
2003 Subaru WRX
Wagon PSM

Default

Thanks Armin, fixed those areas and removed a few reflections... I think it looks much better now...

Acingteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #7464
Verdugo
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 15341
Join Date: Feb 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Sea-Town, WA
Vehicle:
2012 Borderline Pro
Photographer of the Year

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acingteam View Post
Thanks Armin, fixed those areas and removed a few reflections... I think it looks much better now...
Much better, but the passenger windows look a bit muddy. Also, the entire edge of the car over the white background is kinda weird in certain places...it's really rough on the top of the driver's side mirror, the driver's side tire and roof really rough too, but then then the rear passenger bumper has a little too much anti-aliasing going. You're almost there
Verdugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:37 PM   #7465
Acingteam
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 188432
Join Date: Sep 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: CT
Vehicle:
2003 Subaru WRX
Wagon PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
Much better, but the passenger windows look a bit muddy. Also, the entire edge of the car over the white background is kinda weird in certain places...it's really rough on the top of the driver's side mirror, the driver's side tire and roof really rough too, but then then the rear passenger bumper has a little too much anti-aliasing going. You're almost there


Aghhh... I need to go back working on the high res or I'll keep making things worse.
Acingteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #7466
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 417whp
AMG Magno Alanite Grey

Default

Got claustrophobic in the office today so I just had to get out. Sometimes it is good to get out and drive with no where to go when you are this close to the north Georgia mountains.

rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:11 AM   #7467
Verdugo
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 15341
Join Date: Feb 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Sea-Town, WA
Vehicle:
2012 Borderline Pro
Photographer of the Year

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsutton1223 View Post
Got claustrophobic in the office today so I just had to get out. Sometimes it is good to get out and drive with no where to go when you are this close to the north Georgia mountains.
Good work with the processing on this one. I wish there was more of the road in the shot, and with the car being parked the way it is, it doesn't seem quite as posed as it could've been. That road overall just looks great for photos...was it busy?
Verdugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:26 AM   #7468
rsutton1223
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280744
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 417whp
AMG Magno Alanite Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
Good work with the processing on this one. I wish there was more of the road in the shot, and with the car being parked the way it is, it doesn't seem quite as posed as it could've been. That road overall just looks great for photos...was it busy?
Here is the full original shot before cropping. It is actually a composition mistake on my part as the angle I had to crop at to make the car and house look correct limited the road.

The main focus of the day was to get the hell out of my office and out driving...not photography (it was the middle of the day...just got lucky with a couple of clouds in the sky)...so I wasn't paying attention like I should have been. That house is just too cool not to shoot though...

rsutton1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:22 AM   #7469
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134785
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Vehicle:
2006 CGM STi
413whp / 356wtq FP GREEN

Default

this one is for Ultimate Lurker.

i didnt really want to go this dark, but with the original being so underexposed (had two SB 600's and umbrellas off the front sides of the car) i couldnt really recover much data. soooo... it led me to a very emotional photograph. dark and evil.





SkimSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:15 PM   #7470
CallMeJag
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 129096
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Vehicle:
'14 DGM WRX Hatch
Still idle boostin'

Default

^ works well in B&W dude. Need to get on those gels to even out the white balance

This one's a real panning shot - no fake wheel spin or fake motion blur today haha.

CallMeJag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #7471
stoker68
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 208185
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Mass.
Vehicle:
2009 WRX 5-door
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsutton1223 View Post
Got claustrophobic in the office today so I just had to get out. Sometimes it is good to get out and drive with no where to go when you are this close to the north Georgia mountains.

I absolutely love this shot. Excellent editing, house is wicked, beautiful car, and just overall really neat! Thanks for posting.
stoker68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #7472
aTriz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 95202
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: South FL
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
PhatBotti e85 Tuned

Default

Here's a few shots I took tonight. I just bought my first DSLR a few weeks ago (Nikon D5100) Any tips/thoughts on the photos? I could use the help! thanks guys





aTriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:21 PM   #7473
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134785
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Vehicle:
2006 CGM STi
413whp / 356wtq FP GREEN

Default

aTriz,

first and foremost, congrats on the DSLR purchase and welcome to the camera world.. the most important tip i can give you (well Armin can give you) if refer to post #1 in this thread, read it 1, 2, 5, 20 times.

all your shots are really underexposed. notice, we can barely see what your rims look like (although most subaru guys know what they are looking at)

in your two brighter shots, you have things growing out of the car. this is a big no-no for automotive work. also, shooting in parking lots is also a general no-no (unless its in a secluded area with little to no distractions)

review, study, and keep playing with your camera. it'll take a lot of work to get up to par with what some of the other guys are doing in this thread with automotive work. it doesn't mean you cant. it'll just take time to remember all the little secrets about making cars look good
SkimSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #7474
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134785
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Vehicle:
2006 CGM STi
413whp / 356wtq FP GREEN

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeJag View Post
^ works well in B&W dude. Need to get on those gels to even out the white balance

This one's a real panning shot - no fake wheel spin or fake motion blur today haha.
good panner Jag. nice exposure as well. those 370's still havent grown on me after all this time.
SkimSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:32 PM   #7475
aTriz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 95202
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: South FL
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
PhatBotti e85 Tuned

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkimSTI View Post
aTriz,

first and foremost, congrats on the DSLR purchase and welcome to the camera world.. the most important tip i can give you (well Armin can give you) if refer to post #1 in this thread, read it 1, 2, 5, 20 times.

all your shots are really underexposed. notice, we can barely see what your rims look like (although most subaru guys know what they are looking at)

in your two brighter shots, you have things growing out of the car. this is a big no-no for automotive work. also, shooting in parking lots is also a general no-no (unless its in a secluded area with little to no distractions)

review, study, and keep playing with your camera. it'll take a lot of work to get up to par with what some of the other guys are doing in this thread with automotive work. it doesn't mean you cant. it'll just take time to remember all the little secrets about making cars look good
Alrighty, thanks for the help man. Also when you mean underexposed, do I fix that by adjusting my ISO and shutter speed? (Currently do not have a tripod but will be picking one up this week)
aTriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Koji's Quick and Dirty DIY Guide (AKA Tips for the adventerous DIY newbie) Koji Interior & Exterior Modification 30 04-11-2009 11:31 AM
EJ25 to EJ25 swap, first time, good tips and tricks to know? Patrick Olsen Subaru Conversions 8 11-27-2006 10:14 PM
Tips & Tricks to a clutch install MRF582 Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline 12 11-05-2005 03:39 AM
Band photography, tips and tricks? Matt A Off-Topic 7 08-18-2004 04:50 PM
Quick and dirty way to extract pdf files to word or publisher? ChosenWon Off-Topic 10 12-17-2003 10:18 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.