Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday July 12, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Rocky Mountains Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Rocky Mountains Impreza Club Forum -- RMIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2007, 09:03 PM   #26
STI_SLC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 111450
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT.
Vehicle:
06 WRB_STi

Default

hi justin... sorry, never checked back here to see if you responded..
i would be glad to help out.. consider me volunteered.
i'll have my car.. just in case, of course.
in my book it always seems a good idea to have a few of us around.. whether it be for first timers or even some fine tuning..
glad to see there is so much interest from our local crowd..

-cjs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibis View Post
I will let you know if we need any instructors for ride a longs this year. If you volunteer to instruct, you will most likely not get to drive. Keep that in mind.

- Justin
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
STI_SLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:02 PM   #27
Kastley85891
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 127704
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: TX/Austin
Vehicle:
2013 Hybrid
Needs an 05STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringe View Post
What is this course like?
get new brakes
Kastley85891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:02 PM   #28
STI_SLC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 111450
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT.
Vehicle:
06 WRB_STi

Default

ha...
west course is the faster, more open side of the track.. good brakes are a bonus.. as for any track..
to anyone who is on complete stock set up for brakes... you can get by well in an sti by just changing your fluid to something of quality and replacing your lines with aftermarket steelbraided lines.
the combination of the heat we'll most likely see and the brake force you will be applying just within the 20min sessions... you will fade, very badly.
wrx, its up to you but the same solution should get you through the day.

this may be more of a description than some of you need.. but just throwing it out there.
STI_SLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:31 PM   #29
ringe
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 49998
Join Date: Dec 2003
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2007 WRX CT Stg 2
WRB

Default

That's actually quite helpful, particularly since I'm a novice driver and would likely end up running in the rear of the pack.

I'm thinking about it still nevertheless... I suppose $150 for some SS lines and racing fluid isn't too bad, particularly if I can justify it with a track day.

Although I would still need a helmet...

Tell me, what's the cutoff for registration, if any?
ringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:20 PM   #30
Dragicon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 112323
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 香港
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringe View Post
That's actually quite helpful, particularly since I'm a novice driver and would likely end up running in the rear of the pack.

I'm thinking about it still nevertheless... I suppose $150 for some SS lines and racing fluid isn't too bad, particularly if I can justify it with a track day.

Although I would still need a helmet...

Tell me, what's the cutoff for registration, if any?
just one minor thing, you do realize you are in FoCo, and this is in SLC right? it is about a 7 hour drive to the track 1 way from there. Dont get me wrong as i am very jealous you live in CO.
Dragicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:30 PM   #31
suberboy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 1531
Join Date: May 2000
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Vehicle:
2008 GRB
Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI_SLC View Post
ha...
west course is the faster, more open side of the track.. good brakes are a bonus.. as for any track..
to anyone who is on complete stock set up for brakes... you can get by well in an sti by just changing your fluid to something of quality and replacing your lines with aftermarket steelbraided lines.
the combination of the heat we'll most likely see and the brake force you will be applying just within the 20min sessions... you will fade, very badly.
wrx, its up to you but the same solution should get you through the day.

this may be more of a description than some of you need.. but just throwing it out there.
The only thing I would add for the WRX drivers is pads. Get a good set of street/track pads or straight up track pads to swap out for the day.
-noah
suberboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:40 PM   #32
raamaudio
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 50340
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Morgan Utah
Vehicle:
05 FXT
Crystal Grey Metalic

Default

I agree on the pads, I ate up 70% at least on a new set of good street pads on one track day! My track track pads have lasted over 500 track miles and only 25% worn out at the most.

Rick

Last edited by raamaudio; 07-15-2007 at 06:46 PM.
raamaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:25 PM   #33
rally_on
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 86849
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Vehicle:
2005 GMC Savana
white

Default

500 track miles is a lot.

your car is a slut
rally_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:38 PM   #34
raamaudio
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 50340
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Morgan Utah
Vehicle:
05 FXT
Crystal Grey Metalic

Default

I probably have well over 600 miles at MMP so far since I started this year

I really like both sides and running the full course was quite a challenge, I only felt like I was getting comfortable on my last run (just 3 sessions that day) and then I was spent, I did not want to run any more sessions as I knew I would make to many mistakes.

I thought the track fees would the the expensive part but I spent $119 on fuel the full course day and only three sessions!!!!!! 70 miles each way to and from the track and 3 twenty minute sessions, I did pump in 12.5 gallons(to fuel stops) of race fuel but still, my car is a gas hog!

My target goal is 140 MPH on the front straight on the full or outer course. I have some work to do, more power, better brakes, learn to drive, aero experiments, etc. So far only 127 has been obtained but I can do 115 on the back straight on the West Course!

I am driving a bit of a brick though so I may not make 140 but will see what I can do without a huge turbo which I do not want as I like a nice fat powerband for real world use as I now have.

Looking very much forward to having some fun at this coming event

Rick
raamaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:57 PM   #35
SilverJA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 11544
Join Date: Oct 2001
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: West Haven, UT
Vehicle:
08 STi Hatch
01 RS; 02 WRX - SOLD :(

Default

I've hit 126 on the front...but man, I'm only getting 101 tops on the back. I guess I need to take those turns better.
SilverJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:25 PM   #36
raamaudio
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 50340
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Morgan Utah
Vehicle:
05 FXT
Crystal Grey Metalic

Default

I should of been more specific.
I was hitting 115 on previous track days but on the full course day I was having heating issues, had my heater on full blast to help keep the engine cool, not at my best driving and just not as fast overall, back straight on the West Course that day I was under 110 when I am normally at 115.

I was hitting close to 115 in the inner section, kind of scary, and around 103 on the East side straight.

I never really nailed the breaking point on the front straight, marker 4 way to early, marker 3 close, past it was probably right but I would screw up the turn in so I just hit 3 and did the best I could.

It is quite a challenge to learn the whole course in one lump sum!

I know the West one well but the East only one track day before the full course, I love the East, very challenging!

Rick
raamaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:30 PM   #37
raamaudio
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 50340
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Morgan Utah
Vehicle:
05 FXT
Crystal Grey Metalic

Default

I wish I knew the speedo error for an FXT, stock tires are 26.1 and mine are 25.7 so it is off a bit.

Rick
raamaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:31 AM   #38
ringe
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 49998
Join Date: Dec 2003
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2007 WRX CT Stg 2
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragicon View Post
just one minor thing, you do realize you are in FoCo, and this is in SLC right? it is about a 7 hour drive to the track 1 way from there. Dont get me wrong as i am very jealous you live in CO.
Yeah, I'm aware of that. The only thing that's holding me back is travelling expenses, and the need to upgrade some brake parts, and the wear that will occur to my new tires. This is a DD car, so wear and tear are real issues for me, but on the other side of the coin I would love the opportunity to really wring it out in a safe environment.
ringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:33 AM   #39
ringe
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 49998
Join Date: Dec 2003
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2007 WRX CT Stg 2
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamaudio View Post
I probably have well over 600 miles at MMP so far since I started this year

I really like both sides and running the full course was quite a challenge, I only felt like I was getting comfortable on my last run (just 3 sessions that day) and then I was spent, I did not want to run any more sessions as I knew I would make to many mistakes.

I thought the track fees would the the expensive part but I spent $119 on fuel the full course day and only three sessions!!!!!! 70 miles each way to and from the track and 3 twenty minute sessions, I did pump in 12.5 gallons(to fuel stops) of race fuel but still, my car is a gas hog!

My target goal is 140 MPH on the front straight on the full or outer course. I have some work to do, more power, better brakes, learn to drive, aero experiments, etc. So far only 127 has been obtained but I can do 115 on the back straight on the West Course!

I am driving a bit of a brick though so I may not make 140 but will see what I can do without a huge turbo which I do not want as I like a nice fat powerband for real world use as I now have.

Looking very much forward to having some fun at this coming event

Rick
Sort of off-topic, but you mentioned aero stuff, and it got me thinking...assuming the STI rear underbody diffuser fits, do you think that would make a tangible improvement to high-speed stability in a Wagon?
ringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:33 PM   #40
Kastley85891
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 127704
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: TX/Austin
Vehicle:
2013 Hybrid
Needs an 05STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rally_on View Post
500 track miles is a lot.

your car is a slut

Scoobs are such Dirty little girls
Kastley85891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:37 PM   #41
Helmut
Wet T-Shirt Judge
Moderator
 
Member#: 85060
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: s.l.c. ut.
Vehicle:
0409 STI/ Fozzy XT
WRB/Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastley85891 View Post

Scoobs are such Dirty little girls
Well as you know everyone loves a slut. Which is why I own 2.
Helmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:41 PM   #42
raamaudio
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 50340
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Morgan Utah
Vehicle:
05 FXT
Crystal Grey Metalic

Default

The car is very stable at speed, rock solid really, it is under hard braking at high speed where it gets a bit loose but that has been determined to be fixable with the hub conversion(5x114.3 parts are on coming in now)

I do have the rear wing, it has a bit of an opening to blow air across the back window so I am going to seal that off and see what happens with more wing effect.

I want the JDM FSTI bumber coverget, pre painted, grill to match, around $800 but was quoted around $1k for shipping!!!

I am going to see what it would cost to convert the front of the car, fenders, hood, grill, lights, radiator support, bumper cover, etc to 07 Sport parts, if I can sell the stock parts for an sort of decent price it might be somewhat cost effective. (I already have over $25k into the mods anyway so what is a bit more, besides making me wonder how crazy I really am)

Rick
raamaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:03 PM   #43
ibis
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 1132
Join Date: Mar 2000
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: San Francisco, CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringe View Post
Yeah, I'm aware of that. The only thing that's holding me back is travelling expenses, and the need to upgrade some brake parts, and the wear that will occur to my new tires. This is a DD car, so wear and tear are real issues for me, but on the other side of the coin I would love the opportunity to really wring it out in a safe environment.
Miller Motorsports Park is nice and wide, so its the perfect place to get your feet wet for track driving. Also keep in mind that our track day is not a timed event, so its not a race...passing will be limited so you should feel comfortable to drive within your own limits.

There is a pretty good crew coming out from Colorado...you should hook up with them and caravan over!

- Justin
ibis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:04 PM   #44
Dragicon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 112323
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 香港
Default

how long do we have still to make a deposit? I am still on the fence about this....
Dragicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:31 PM   #45
ibis
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 1132
Join Date: Mar 2000
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: San Francisco, CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragicon View Post
how long do we have still to make a deposit? I am still on the fence about this....
Technically until the day before... We will be making some EVO and Subaru specific run groups also.

- Justin

Last edited by ibis; 07-19-2007 at 11:32 AM.
ibis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:44 PM   #46
rally_on
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 86849
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Vehicle:
2005 GMC Savana
white

Default

so can you count me in with the 240?
it seems like there are quite a few spots left....
rally_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:31 PM   #47
boost master
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 36168
Join Date: May 2003
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: 11.76@118mph
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi
SOLD:(

Default

I'm in for Germany!!!
boost master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:05 PM   #48
ibis
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 1132
Join Date: Mar 2000
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: San Francisco, CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rally_on View Post
so can you count me in with the 240?
it seems like there are quite a few spots left....
I have both you and Cole on the list for any extra spots that are available. We will most likely be calling you within the next week.

- Justin
ibis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:40 PM   #49
ibis
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 1132
Join Date: Mar 2000
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: San Francisco, CA
Default

**UPDATE**
Due to lackluster registration this year, I am changing the format to mimic how we ran the track day last year. I am hoping this will generate some interest so that we are able to hold this event again next year!

Revised format!!
4 run groups
15 cars per run group
6 sessions each
Cost per car - $150

Should we see a huge spike in registration...we will alter the run groups to accomodate everyone!

Last edited by ibis; 08-01-2007 at 12:07 PM.
ibis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:14 AM   #50
Scoobyniteowl
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 84691
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Saratoga Springs, Utah USA
Vehicle:
05 STI Stg II
CGM/...03 PSM,R.I.P

Default

Even though I can't make it out this year, I hope to do it next year.
Scoobyniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Missed the Last Apex and Cobb track days? Fret not: October 10th Apex Track Day scottjua Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 9 10-11-2009 10:43 PM
COBB Tuning Track Day - August 10th ibis North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 19 08-02-2007 01:58 PM
COBB Tuning Track Day - August 10th ibis Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC 13 07-31-2007 09:45 PM
COBB Tuning Track Day - August 10th ibis Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 27 07-19-2007 02:49 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.