Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 2, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2007, 10:49 AM   #1
kbcr3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 44170
Join Date: Sep 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Arlington, VA
Vehicle:
2010 Forester XT
05 and 09 honda ruckus

Default My brother is not smrt. His wife is pregnant.

My oldest brother got married last september and he called me on Friday to inform me that his wife is 2 months pregnant.

the problem with this whole situation is their finances. his wife works, but just does stupid part-time jobs. she doesn't really pay into the house's finances. my brother is a sales guy and has had a really bad year. he's been covering 95% of the mortgage and all associated bills. she's just been buying clothing. she's openly said that she just wants to have kids, so she can quit working. she just turned 26.

my brother calls me yesterday and said he's at the local honda dealership looking at a used civic and was getting ready to trade in his CTS (which was also used at the time of purchase).

he complains about her and his finances constantly and has been really stressing prior to this.

my brother and his wife are a walking reason why i'm afraid of marriage.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kbcr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:50 AM   #2
Stickee
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 530
Join Date: Nov 1999
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: I wonder how long you could ma
Vehicle:
2005 9-2x Aero
FastAr Red

Default

Maybe he's trading the CTS for the Civic to save gas?
Stickee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:50 AM   #3
tbert
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 43357
Join Date: Sep 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: unwrapped
Vehicle:
2004 Smug 46MPG
2006 Clown Car

Default

[bartsimpson]I didn't do it![/bartsimpson]
tbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:51 AM   #4
Phatzilla18
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 86475
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: HIIC
Location: Kaneohe, HI
Vehicle:
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
STM

Default

Yeah kids are not a smart idea unless you are financially and mentally prepared.
Phatzilla18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:52 AM   #5
SubieBoobie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 138474
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston
Default

WAPCE! How can she just be a baby making machine?! She's having kids just so she can stay home? C'mon, I give them 2 years before they are officially divorced. What a selfish &itch. Hope your brother's work picks up.
SubieBoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:53 AM   #6
jcholak718
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 54978
Join Date: Feb 2004
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Obviously not at home
Vehicle:
I'll circle the
globe for strange

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbcr3 View Post
My oldest brother got married last september and he called me on Friday to inform me that his wife is 2 months pregnant.

the problem with this whole situation is their finances. his wife works, but just does stupid part-time jobs. she doesn't really pay into the house's finances. my brother is a sales guy and has had a really bad year. he's been covering 95% of the mortgage and all associated bills. she's just been buying clothing. she's openly said that she just wants to have kids, so she can quit working. she just turned 26.

my brother calls me yesterday and said he's at the local honda dealership looking at a used civic and was getting ready to trade in his CTS (which was also used at the time of purchase).

he complains about her and his finances constantly and has been really stressing prior to this.

my brother and his wife are a walking reason why i'm afraid of marriage.
See this thread for a similar situation. I too am scared to death of marriage because of these types of situations.
jcholak718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:53 AM   #7
iamchris
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 106479
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2005 9-2X Aero
Fluorescent Brown

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatzilla18 View Post
Yeah kids are not a smart idea unless you are financially and mentally prepared.
Thanks for the tip Dr. Phil.
iamchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:54 AM   #8
Beer:30
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 80192
Join Date: Jan 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Army of Northern Virgina
Vehicle:
2004 subaru
JBP

Default

I give them 2 years, tops.
Beer:30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:58 AM   #9
DapRex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 53308
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburghish
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza Wrx
the bestest colour

Default

Similar thing happened to my buddy, he has three kids now and is 24, yeah.
DapRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:59 AM   #10
vile
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 32371
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: formerly known as mem. # 10615
Vehicle:
'02 t-rex wagon
platinum

Default

live and learn
vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:01 AM   #11
robbieshonda
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 122306
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: On the Dyno NC
Vehicle:
2002 Sti PTE 6262
Interlagos Blue 551/441

Default

I had a friend that lived with my wife and i while I was in the army tell me he didnt think it was a good idea to have a kid when my wife got pregnant.
That it was too expensive.

Coming fromt he guy who lived in my house..and didnt have a dollar to his name. I was paying 100% of the morgage, food, ect.

I make more than him to this day and I dont even have a job. My wife and I are both fulltime students. and My daughter is just fine!
robbieshonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:01 AM   #12
Hockey_78
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 86042
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: OT Mountaineer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatzilla18 View Post
Yeah kids are not a smart idea unless you are financially and mentally prepared.
You are never mentally prepared for kids...
Hockey_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:03 AM   #13
X-Factor
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 101720
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: OT Bitches!
Vehicle:
'10 Evo X SE #297
Octane Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieshonda View Post
I had a friend that lived with my wife and i while I was in the army tell me he didnt think it was a good idea to have a kid when my wife got pregnant.
That it was too expensive.

Coming fromt he guy who lived in my house..and didnt have a dollar to his name. I was paying 100% of the morgage, food, ect.

I make more than him to this day and I dont even have a job. My wife and I are both fulltime students. and My daughter is just fine!
...and you were paying everything for him why?
X-Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:03 AM   #14
BhamRoadrunner
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 87294
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Wanna fight ab'at it?
Vehicle:
98 Silver
POS

Default

I give them 9 months....


Ask me how I know.
BhamRoadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:04 AM   #15
X-Factor
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 101720
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: OT Bitches!
Vehicle:
'10 Evo X SE #297
Octane Blue Pearl

Default

IBkidnothis?
X-Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:05 AM   #16
tbert
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 43357
Join Date: Sep 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: unwrapped
Vehicle:
2004 Smug 46MPG
2006 Clown Car

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
...and you were paying everything for him why?
killer threesomes would be my guess.
tbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:06 AM   #17
X-Factor
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 101720
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: OT Bitches!
Vehicle:
'10 Evo X SE #297
Octane Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbert View Post
killer threesomes would be my guess.
IByourdaughterisntyours
X-Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:06 AM   #18
VengeanceRider
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 107946
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Massachusetts
Default

This reminds me of a friend of mine. This WAPCE told me that she planned on getting pregnant on the honeymoon so she could quit work when they got back. I said, "having a kid is a lot harder than being a receptionist for 6 hours a day".

Now she has a six month old son and complains that he takes up too much of her movie watching time. Her husband gets up with the baby all night long and works 16 hour days, then comes home to her shoving the kid into his hands and going to bed. I swear they only had sex that one time when they conceived.

She does stuff now like buy an entire new wardrobe when her husband shrinks one of her t-shirts doing laundry. Then complains about how he does the laundry...my point is...this guy is doing the laundry!!! Shut your f-ing mouth!!!

Dude is nuts for marrying her.

Don't be afraid of marriage, but don't marry women like that!!!!
VengeanceRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:08 AM   #19
tbert
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 43357
Join Date: Sep 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: unwrapped
Vehicle:
2004 Smug 46MPG
2006 Clown Car

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VengeanceRider View Post
This reminds me of a friend of mine. This WAPCE told me that she planned on getting pregnant on the honeymoon so she could quit work when they got back. I said, "having a kid is a lot harder than being a receptionist for 6 hours a day".

Now she has a six month old son and complains that he takes up too much of her movie watching time. Her husband gets up with the baby all night long and works 16 hour days, then comes home to her shoving the kid into his hands and going to bed. I swear they only had sex that one time when they conceived.

She does stuff now like buy an entire new wardrobe when her husband shrinks one of her t-shirts doing laundry. Then complains about how he does the laundry...my point is...this guy is doing the laundry!!! Shut your f-ing mouth!!!

Dude is nuts for marrying her.

Don't be afraid of marriage, but don't marry women like that!!!!
Women like that are not needed.
tbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:08 AM   #20
X-Factor
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 101720
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: OT Bitches!
Vehicle:
'10 Evo X SE #297
Octane Blue Pearl

Default

Wow.....yet sadly I know a FEW ****s like her.
X-Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:09 AM   #21
nicholam
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 133936
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: In the far far north.
Vehicle:
2005 WRX Wagon
Stage 4 Silver

Default

My fiance stays at home and I'm fine with that. We're waiting 4 more years before we have kids so we can enjoy our youth. We're 27. Kids would be fine but Not me Not now. I still have way too much life to live. I can't believe people would marry a chick who would get preggers just to stay at home. What a ****.
nicholam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:10 AM   #22
VengeanceRider
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 107946
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Massachusetts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbert View Post
Women like that are not needed.
That's what I always say. What's the point of even having her around?

I call her "waste of skin".
VengeanceRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:10 AM   #23
ErikAnderson
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 26739
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Offshore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VengeanceRider View Post
Don't be afraid of marriage, but don't marry women like that!!!!
oh but any woman can pretend to be perfect for quite a long time.








atleast long enough to sink the hook.
ErikAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:10 AM   #24
Strider
Profession Puppy
Moderator
 
Member#: 2197
Join Date: Aug 2000
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: An adventure is just
Vehicle:
an inconvenience,
properly considered.

Default

Seriously, this has nothing to do with marriage, and everything to do with who these guys married.

Marriage is nothing to fear, unless you decide to marry an idiot.

If she can pull the wool over your eyes for a few years, and changes after marriage, you're too dense to see what was going on.
Strider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:10 AM   #25
Aeroist
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 138587
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
04 Aero
Black

Default

Why would you be scared of marriage just because your brother married the devil? Just be smarter then him and don't get involved with a lazy whore.
Aeroist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If money is not an issue, What is the best EMS? smac Engine Management & Tuning 10 08-01-2006 05:18 PM
help me convince my brother to elope with his fiance. AC Lerok Off-Topic 25 02-10-2006 12:41 PM
Earthquake in Asia, My brother & his wife are missing.. HiFiWRX North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 32 12-30-2004 12:32 AM
My brother wants to mod his Scooby :) Verdugo North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 6 08-13-2002 10:53 AM
this is not our new wrx is it? christoph1371 Bay Area Impreza Club Forum -- BAIC 1 12-15-2000 05:04 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.