|12-27-2001, 03:55 PM||#1|
Member Sales Rating: (0)
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Durham, NCVehicle:
2004 Forester XT
leatherseats.com heated seat kit review
I've had the heated seat kit installed for about a week now, so I thought I would write a review. Here goes..
High quality illuminated switches are included. All wiring uses pre-installed connector plugs except power and ground.
Difficulty - easy/medium (compared to timing belt or clutch change it's VERY easy...)
Time - about 3 hours per seat on average (the drivers side take a bit longer due to seat disassembly requirements)
- Order the hogrings and pliers with your kit. It will be a lot easier than trying to use zip-ties in all the places that hogrings were used by the factory.
- Wire the switch power leads into the sideview mirror control switch (yellow wire with red stripe, I think..).
- You will need a few zip-ties which are NOT included in the kit, so have them handy before you start.
- The OEM switch holes will need to be trimmed along the top and bottom edges to accept the control switches. Make sure the fit is NOT too tight. If it is too tight, then the switches will not lock into the high/low settings properly (they pop out of the setting due to the pressure on the side of the switch housing when installed too tightly)
They work GREAT! I switch them onto the high setting when I get into the car. I feel warmth in less than a minute. Cruising around town, I generally leave them on the low setting. Everyone who rides with me wants to install a set in their car too. That says it all!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|LeatherSeats.com Leather Seat Upholstery Group Buy||leatherseats.com||Vendor 'Group Buy' Classifieds||14||02-21-2011 11:54 PM|
|FS: Heated seats kit - keep your butt warm!||nimaxpro||Private 'For Sale' Classifieds||7||12-21-2005 04:06 PM|
|FS: Heated seat kit||bluestone||Private 'For Sale' Classifieds||5||03-01-2004 11:17 PM|
|heated seat kits?||03 Canuck TS||Electrical & Lighting||6||11-05-2003 08:22 PM|
|leatherseats.com leather seats installed (Legacy)||monovich||Interior & Exterior Modification||1||02-11-2002 03:10 AM|