Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday September 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Canada Region Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Regional Areas > Canada Region Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-07-2000, 11:15 AM   #1
@thethrottle

Member#:
Post Questions just about everything! Help!

Yes you can tell i'm new here, i just want some stock perfomance figures for the current 2.5 RS as i'm thinking of getting one soon. Have any of you done the DonDocksteader test drive? How does that work, do they take your plates off your car and put them on the test car? Do the sales guys give you a ton of pressure to buy it after you come back from the test drive? I also read in this forum that parts are getting ripped off of peoples cars (turn signals, fog covers), do you find this unnerving? Thanks for any advice you can give me. Good to see some local people that I can talk to.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 04-07-2000, 01:00 PM   #2
Keiho
Sea to Sky - OWNED

Member#: 610
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
2003 Lexus IS300
Graphite Gray Pearl

Never tried the Docksteader testdrive thing, was tempted to, but its probably a huge hassle.

Performance figures you should be able to find in the brochure they give you. 165hp, 166lb-ft torque.

As for the parts being ripped off, yes it is unnerving, but that's what happens when you drive such a cool car.
Keiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2000, 01:05 PM   #3
Robin2
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 390
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2011 WRX sedan
Plasma Blue

Don't worry...

Just go in and ask for a test drive. If you're young, go in the dealership with a parent. Or even give them a call a book an appointment for a test drive.

This will help and they'll know you're not there to waste their time. Don't put a deposit or anything (mastercard, etc...)for the test drive.

For performance numbers, 0-60mph is around 7.7 to 8 seconds. This isn't the best factor for this car. A type R Integra or VR-6 Golf will cream us in perfect conditions but add some rain or snow... and look who stays home in the garage... hehe...

This car is made to be driven in snow, gravel, etc...

This car isn't for everyone (which I'm glad) but go test drive other cars...

Robin
National Capital Subaru Club
www.ottawasubaru.com
Robin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2000, 03:01 PM   #4
@thethrottle

Member#:
Talking

Thanks for the replies. My few choices for my next car is the 2.5RS, VW GTI 1.8T, or A3 GTI VR6. I really like the idea of AWD, since it rains so much in Vancouver, and from what i read the Subaru stock suspension in pretty good. I'm not really into racing other people, i just want a nice car, something i can feel confident in driving. So i heard a turbo version might be coming out, is this true? The guy said about 30K, that was probably U.S. right? How come there isn't any talk on ECU upgrades, can this not be done on Subaru's? Thanks again.
Old 04-07-2000, 03:35 PM   #5
Clement
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 207
Just that there aren't too many aftermarket ECUs for the 2.5RS Most of them are made for WRXs
Clement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2000, 03:42 PM   #6
Robin2
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 390
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2011 WRX sedan
Plasma Blue

If you're looking for all wheel drive, then you only have 2 choices... Subaru or Audi...but you'd better fork out another $15k for the A4 with 1.8T.

For the turbo, search in this message board. It's been done to death. Price range should be $32 to $36k.

For the ECU, you have 3 choices:
1. Superchips make an ICON for $400US. It's useless. It doesn't do anything.
2. JC Sports has a "Torque chip". The gains are unknown to me...
3. I think the Toronto guys was saying the Japanese Automotive was to make a chip. I don't know where there at....

As far for the suspension, the stock RS is pretty good but considering most RS owners upgrade this right away... (Not me... I have a bone stock 99RS).

For safety, go for a test drive when it's raining... You'll get a good feel then...

Robin
National Capital Subaru Club
www.ottawasubaru.com
Robin2 is offline   Reply With Quote