Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday April 25, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Tri-State Area Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Regional Areas > Tri-State Area Forum > Tri-State Area Private Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:34 PM   #1
jpfeiffe
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 153567
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Silver

Default FS: 2003 WRX - 22k Miles - Rebuilt 4 yrs ago - Ithaca, NY - Fast and shiny! $11,000

Iím selling my 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX, with just under 22,000 miles.
Price: $11,000 (negotiability depends on interest)
Kelley Blue Book Value: $16000

I bought as a rebuilt salvage in 2003. When the car had about 1500 miles on it, it had a front-end collision that qualified the car as ďtotaled.Ē A repair shop bought it, fixed it up, and sold it as a salvage title and sold it to me for way under Blue Book. New bumper, hood, front fenders and headlights, windshield (I think), radiator, belts, and a few other components closer to the front end. It's got a good frame, looks great, and runs great.

Iíve put about 20,000 miles on it, and I still love the car. (I had a junker car for a while and this was my secondary ďfunĒ car, hence the low mileage.) It hasnít had any major mechanical difficulties, and it still looks great.

Now Iím married, and weíre moving to downtown Albany in the fall. We just donít need two cars for downtown living, but we do need to start paying off grad school debts, so weíre keeping the Civic ďeconomy carĒ and selling this one. Itís kinda sad, but I hope that someone can enjoy this car as much as I have.

I did some research to try to determine how to value a salvage title. One site said knock $3000-$5000 off the Blue Book value, and another said take 30% off. Either way you come up with about $11,000.

VIN: JF1GD29623G509224
I can send you the link to the Carfax report over email. (I don't have enough posts to include links yet.)

Features
- Premium stereo, including power subwoofer in the trunk (totally gratuitous). Value of components when bought in 2004: $500-$600. Head unit plays CDs/MP3s.
- Tires are about 6 months old. Standard all-weather tires. Low mileage.
- New front brakes.
- Pre-sale inspection from the Subaru dealer in Ithaca and recent NY Safety Inspection. (It only needed new front brakes and front left ball joint. I took care of both.)

Defects
- Small crack in right rear tail-light where someone clipped me while parking. Still keeps the moisture out and passes NY safety inspection. Not a huge deal.
- A little scrape-age on the very bottom of the left fender. Again, not a huge deal.
- Your usual tiny chips and marks for a car of similar mileage. Nothing you would see without a close inspection.

The car looks and runs great. More pics on request:
picasaweb.google.com/justin.pfeiffer/CarPics02

Suggested methods of exchange:
My thought is to trade the title for a check (preferably a bank certified cashierís check), but I hold onto the car and the keys until the check clears. Another option is wire transfer. Again, Iíll hand over title but keep the keys until the funds show up. Iím open to other reasonable suggestions.

Justin
justin.pfeiffer@gmail
607-280-8819
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by jpfeiffe; 07-11-2007 at 06:54 PM.
jpfeiffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:00 AM   #2
brokaw
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 154360

Hey, is there anyway you can e-mail the carfax report to mattbroks@yahoo.com, also is there anyway to get some pics also?

Thanks
brokaw is offline   Reply With Quote