|07-11-2007, 06:34 PM||#1|
Member Sales Rating: (0)
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ithaca, NYVehicle:
FS: 2003 WRX - 22k Miles - Rebuilt 4 yrs ago - Ithaca, NY - Fast and shiny! $11,000
Iím selling my 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX, with just under 22,000 miles.
Price: $11,000 (negotiability depends on interest)
Kelley Blue Book Value: $16000
I bought as a rebuilt salvage in 2003. When the car had about 1500 miles on it, it had a front-end collision that qualified the car as ďtotaled.Ē A repair shop bought it, fixed it up, and sold it as a salvage title and sold it to me for way under Blue Book. New bumper, hood, front fenders and headlights, windshield (I think), radiator, belts, and a few other components closer to the front end. It's got a good frame, looks great, and runs great.
Iíve put about 20,000 miles on it, and I still love the car. (I had a junker car for a while and this was my secondary ďfunĒ car, hence the low mileage.) It hasnít had any major mechanical difficulties, and it still looks great.
Now Iím married, and weíre moving to downtown Albany in the fall. We just donít need two cars for downtown living, but we do need to start paying off grad school debts, so weíre keeping the Civic ďeconomy carĒ and selling this one. Itís kinda sad, but I hope that someone can enjoy this car as much as I have.
I did some research to try to determine how to value a salvage title. One site said knock $3000-$5000 off the Blue Book value, and another said take 30% off. Either way you come up with about $11,000.
I can send you the link to the Carfax report over email. (I don't have enough posts to include links yet.)
- Premium stereo, including power subwoofer in the trunk (totally gratuitous). Value of components when bought in 2004: $500-$600. Head unit plays CDs/MP3s.
- Tires are about 6 months old. Standard all-weather tires. Low mileage.
- New front brakes.
- Pre-sale inspection from the Subaru dealer in Ithaca and recent NY Safety Inspection. (It only needed new front brakes and front left ball joint. I took care of both.)
- Small crack in right rear tail-light where someone clipped me while parking. Still keeps the moisture out and passes NY safety inspection. Not a huge deal.
- A little scrape-age on the very bottom of the left fender. Again, not a huge deal.
- Your usual tiny chips and marks for a car of similar mileage. Nothing you would see without a close inspection.
The car looks and runs great. More pics on request:
Suggested methods of exchange:
My thought is to trade the title for a check (preferably a bank certified cashierís check), but I hold onto the car and the keys until the check clears. Another option is wire transfer. Again, Iíll hand over title but keep the keys until the funds show up. Iím open to other reasonable suggestions.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Last edited by jpfeiffe; 07-11-2007 at 06:54 PM.