Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 03:31 PM   #1
metroplex
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 5581
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
07 Mustang GT
Vista Blue

Default Subaru Forums for new Subaru info?

Which Subaru forum/community should I check out to find more info on upcoming Subaru tech info? For example, I currently drive a Mustang and frequently check their forums and have already learned that they are coming out with a 400+ hp 5.8L "Boss" V8 for the 2009 Special Edition, and this engine is expected to become the standard engine for the re-designed Mustang in 2010.

The 2008 Impreza WRX styling has piqued my interest enough to consider buying one, but not with the boring 224 hp turbocharged engine. I want more factory power without breaking the $30k price-tag that the STi warrants. I do not want to modify the powertrain (ever) so I am not interested in what aftermarket parts can do for performance. I want more factory power out of the WRX and I can wait 2-3 years for the next powertrain to be released if that is the case, otherwise I may just wait for the Mitsubishi Evo 10. I'm really looking for a 2-door AWD coupe with a manual transmission, and the only car that really meets this and doesn't cost over $60k is the Audi TT (which looks beautiful IMHO) but the Audi has only 250 hp. The WRX and Evo are 4-door saloons/sedans and I can let that slide as long as the styling looks sleek and sporty. I'm not interested in a family car.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:47 PM   #2
jamal
Scooby Guru

Member#: 71875
Vehicle:
98 2.5GT
my wheels fit

Old 07-15-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
Mulder
Trust no one

Member#: 11170
Chapter/Region: Tri-State