Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday September 18, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:03 PM   #1
navyissuesuby
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 80249
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
CGM

Default 2005 STI motor into 2002 wrx 5spd. NEED WIRING anyone please help

Ok the title basicaly says it. want to swap a 2.5 usdm STI motor into a 2002 wrx. I am in desprate need of a whiring diagram or directions so that I can do the wiring my self. I have been told that there are around 126 or so wires that need to be spliced into the STI wiring harness. if you could help that would be great. Also if I could use the stock wrx harness and wiring with just putting a couple new wires into the harness and then plugging it into the STI ecu that would be great as well. Please help. Thanks

Ryan C
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
navyissuesuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:41 PM   #2
navyissuesuby
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 WRX
CGM

Bump. Still need the info. Please help.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:22 PM   #3
jamesfacts
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 51282
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
98 RS
black & blue from parking

This probably isn't the answer you want to hear, but the STi harness is going to be exteremely difficult to merge into your car, for very little return. Your best option (and there are write-ups on this) is to us the STi longblock (heads, block, but not the intake manifold) and then put your WRX manifold on top. This way, you can retain your stock wiring harness and ECU. Of course, you'd need some sort of engine management to run the STi motor.

If you really, positively can't live without the stock STi ECU, you can download the diagrams from techinfo.subaru.com
jamesfacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:39 PM   #4
ovedrivex
*** Banned ***

Member#: 116774
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
1997 Project GC8

you can skip the heads too. just 2.5l block get a 18g, and injectors and an accessport/ or any piggyback yo like. get it tuned and you will save headache maybe money and will most likey put out same if not more power as stock sti swap.
ovedrivex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:25 AM   #5
Racerfab
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 83936
Vehicle:
2004 STi
silver

I know your on the other side of the country, so I don't know howhelpful it will be...

I know that the mechanics at Subaru of Gwinnett in Atlanta have done several of these. I went there once to see Scott Siegel about some tuning and they were working on a complete STi swap into a '99 2 door 2.5RS. I asked the mechanic, he said it was like putting LEGOs together. You might want to get on wrxatl.com and ask around. Those guys are on there a lot. Or go to Siegel Racing and ask Scott to point you in the right direction. He's cool, and will prolly tell you where to get the info. Hope it helps...good luck!
Racerfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:51 AM   #6
navyissuesuby
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 WRX
CGM

Thanks alot guys. This has been a great help. Just so you know, the main reason I wanted the STI swap is for the spool up propertys of the AVCS. If I go with just the 2.5 block I will have some majorly slow spool time with an FP Green. I was told that even with some head work (multi angle valve grind) my spool would be around 4,000 rpm with the green. With the AVCS of the STI swap It would bu around 3,200 rpm, and would give me much more usable power. If this is wrong info, and the spool is going to be similar, or close, let me know, and that would save me a huge headach. Thanks again for all your input.
Ryan C
Old 08-01-2007, 12:19 PM   #7
Jaxx
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 177
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
The 93 Imp W/EJ20K
flat black

the other option if you have the car is to swap the whole harness/hvac
you would need an origional key for the imobilizer
Jaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:35 AM   #8
navyissuesuby
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 WRX
CGM

Wow. this realy is a tun of work. Im starting to think about just getting a FXT since it already has the STI motor, and just add the STI parts to it (IE, Intercooler, VF39, Uppipe, ECU,) to make it an STI Hatch for all intensive purposes. What do you think that idea???? Does it sound like a good compramise. I would like your opinion, because it sounds good in my mind, but always could use outside input. Thanks