Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 14, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Canada Region Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Regional Areas > Canada Region Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-12-2001, 02:04 PM   #1
Rusty
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 4769
Vehicle:
01 RS 2.5
Black

Post Mod Friendly dealers?

I was wondering if anyone knew if the dealerships around Ottawa are mod friendly. I'm thinking of putting in a better intake but I don't want to get black listed by the dealership. Any suggestions?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 05:44 PM   #2
Skeandhu
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1056
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
I changed my intake to the "GanzFlow" style and didn't have any problems at Ogilvie.

I'm still using the stock airbox though - don't know if there would be any problem with the Weapon-R style.

Hope that helps!

Kevin.
Skeandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 06:45 PM   #3
edekker
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 143
Vehicle:
1999 Impreza 2.5RS
Supercharged - and STOLEN

Lachute Subaru – probably the most mod friendly Subaru dealer in all of Canada.
They will warranty most of the mods – even a MAF failure on a custom intake. http://www.lac-ss.com/hauteperformance.html

They’re not in the Ottawa area, but not that far away – well worth the 1-1/2 hour drive.

Good luck,
Ed.
edekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 05:44 AM   #4
Skeandhu
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Yup, I have to agree with Ed. Lachute is the most mod-friendly (and all-round excellent service dept!).

But hey, for a dealership running two rally cars (well, at least one this year) you can expect them to be a little sympathetic!

They're a bit of a drive away (as Ed mentioned), but well worth the trip.)
Old 03-13-2001, 06:31 PM   #5
Robin2
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 390
Vehicle:
2011 WRX sedan
Plasma Blue

hey Rusty,

Most dealers are mod friendly in Ottawa... I've done my struts, sway bar, solid links, rear camber bolts at Subaru Lachute...

All three dealers (Ogilvie, Westboro and Gatineau) sponsor the ottawa club and most mods are warranty friendly... such as exhaust, suspension, etc...

Westboro service manager (Aron Gabor) is a club member of the National Capital Subaru Club...

It all depends on what you do to your car...

ex... if you put 85/110w bulbs in your headlights and then you melt your wiring... you'll be responsible for the damage...

For your car, what type of intake are you planning to install?

Robin
co-founder NCSC www.ottawasubaru.com

[This message has been edited by Robin2 (edited March 13, 2001).]
Robin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 08:13 AM   #6
Rusty
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 4769
Vehicle:
01 RS 2.5
Black

I was looking at installing a cold air intake running to the inside fender on the passanger side. I have been considering a "Larry's Intake" that I have seen here. My concern is where the fender gets it's air. I know there are little holes that feed into the fender from the engine bay, but if there is no intake from outside it does not seem to be effective since I would be sucking in hot air. I might as well just run an open pipe to middle of the engine bay, with the opening facing to side to reduce water intake from the hood vent or splash up. It would also be cheaper, since I would only need a K&N filter and a modified high temp plastic pipe. Any ideas?

Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 09:58 AM   #7
99TS
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 846
You can always put a plug in that hole. I did. Its really really cheap as well (~$6.00). If you need the part #, let me know.
99TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 12:36 AM   #8
Skeandhu
Scooby Newbie

Exclamation

I'm currently running the "GanzFlow" intake with K&N Filter and have not encountered any difficulties (nice sound too!)

Cost wise, Final Lap in Orleans (shameless plug ) has been able to put together a GanzFlow-style intake and K&N Drop-In filter combo for <$200 CDN (for NCSC members). For comparison, I paid $170 CDN after shipping / duties / exchange for the just GanzFlow pipe and fittings!

If you're going to run with a pipe into the engine bay, you might as well stick to the same area as where all that plastic garbage is next to the passenger-side fender. Some on this board have gone so far as blocking off that area from the enine bay, then installing a scoop on the passenger-side hood vent!! (Just a thought )

edit: finger trouble

[This message has been edited by Skeandhu (edited March 14, 2001).]