Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday April 17, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2007, 01:00 PM   #1
slickrex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 89983
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: miami, fl
Vehicle:
2005 vf39'd wrx
295whp stealth black

Default which injectors for a vf39?

im picking up a very cheap used vf39 and need some opinions on which injectors to use. ive done plenty of research and the general answer are the jdm sti pinks but im concerned they will they get maxed out close to 280-300whp... should i consider buying 650cc injectors instead??
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
slickrex is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 01:11 PM   #2
JMK508
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 115420
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Mountains
Vehicle:
Its like a STI.....
but it doesn't break

Default

Sti Pinks are all that you need for that particular turbo that you have chosen. 300whp is close to the max output for the Vf39, so you should be right on
target
JMK508 is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 05:02 PM   #3
fastwrx25
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 126441
Join Date: Sep 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: TPE
Vehicle:
03 bugeye

Default

the 06-07 wrx "blue" injectors flow the same or a bit more than the sti pinks.

you can pick up a set of used ones in the personal classifieds for 100-180. good deal imo
fastwrx25 is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 06:01 PM   #4
IIdiceII
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 90438
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York
Default

where are you finding 06 wrx injectors for 100 ^

I went with 650's because i know ill eventually upgrade the turbo again and dont feel like getting different injectors when i do that.
IIdiceII is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 09:21 PM   #5
Foska Oats
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 144081
Join Date: Mar 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Jamaica
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Blue

Default

Pinks are truly all you need. I am not looking for more than 300 anyway, as I am not going more than say 19 psi if so much on my VF39.
But it all depends on what you are looking for.
For most saying that 300 is close to maxing the VF39, 39's have made in excess of 350.
Foska Oats is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 09:27 PM   #6
cellobro
RIP 3/18/1965 to 1/10/2008
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 91500
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Schaumburg/Chicago
Vehicle:
hmmm sr-30+640cc=?
I has teh Endless BBK.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIdiceII View Post
where are you finding 06 wrx injectors for 100 ^

I went with 650's because i know ill eventually upgrade the turbo again and dont feel like getting different injectors when i do that.
pawn shop...

yeah, if ya got the coin, get the bigger, 'cuz it ain't like yer gonna stop wanting more POWA... they can tune down for 650cc injectors, if ya find em for $250, they're a good bet...
cellobro is offline  
Old 07-10-2007, 11:54 AM   #7
slickrex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 89983
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: miami, fl
Vehicle:
2005 vf39'd wrx
295whp stealth black

Default

well if the pinks are sufficient enough it would be a plus so i can run the cobb ots map to the tuner, but if 650's are preferred then it'll be a little extra work getting a limp map from the tuner... should i be concerned about the pinks?
slickrex is offline  
Old 07-10-2007, 12:41 PM   #8
brettm
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 35107
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cary, IL
Vehicle:
2003 WRX WRB
2006 LGT Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrex View Post
well if the pinks are sufficient enough it would be a plus so i can run the cobb ots map to the tuner, but if 650's are preferred then it'll be a little extra work getting a limp map from the tuner... should i be concerned about the pinks?
You should only be concerned about the pinks if you are planning on going with a bigger turbo down the line. As far as a limp map for larger injectors just find someone with a tactrix cable and do it yourself, its really not that hard. You would need to change the injector scalar for sure, probably injector latency and tip in tables as well. Cobb has a good write up on how to do injector scaling around here somewhere, just search for it.
brettm is offline  
Old 07-10-2007, 01:08 PM   #9
Foska Oats
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 144081
Join Date: Mar 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Jamaica
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettm View Post
You should only be concerned about the pinks if you are planning on going with a bigger turbo down the line. As far as a limp map for larger injectors just find someone with a tactrix cable and do it yourself, its really not that hard. You would need to change the injector scalar for sure, probably injector latency and tip in tables as well. Cobb has a good write up on how to do injector scaling around here somewhere, just search for it.
THis is true. Wish it was as easy fo rme with the Tactrix, we have piss 90 octane gas her in Jamaica so I have to go to a reputable tuner and he uses a wideband to tune anyway. But I think the pinks are good for him.
Foska Oats is offline  
Old 07-10-2007, 01:28 PM   #10
brettm
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 35107
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cary, IL
Vehicle:
2003 WRX WRB
2006 LGT Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foska Oats View Post
THis is true. Wish it was as easy fo rme with the Tactrix, we have piss 90 octane gas her in Jamaica so I have to go to a reputable tuner and he uses a wideband to tune anyway. But I think the pinks are good for him.
If all you are doing is upgrading injectors using enginuity should be just as easy for you as it would be for anyone else, octane shouldn't affect tuning for injectors. Its when you start touching your boost/fuel/timing tables where that becomes important.
brettm is offline  
Old 07-12-2007, 07:36 PM   #11
WRXDriftR
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 65065
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
04 WRX/ STi Hybrid
6MT, VF43

Default

Im running Deatchwerks 650cc injectors on my VF43'd WRX. They work fine and have a little more room for a larger turbo in the future.

You might want to spring for the more expensive STi Pink 565's because they are known for providing factory-smooth fuel delivery for a very nice idle. My injectors seem to be slightly uneven in spray pattern or something because the idle is kinda lumpy when the car is cold, but this may just be my tune needing to be smoothed out.
WRXDriftR is offline  
Old 08-11-2007, 07:38 PM   #12
blkscooby
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 44422
Join Date: Sep 2003
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Vehicle:
2005 LGT
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXDriftR View Post
Im running Deatchwerks 650cc injectors on my VF43'd WRX. They work fine and have a little more room for a larger turbo in the future.

You might want to spring for the more expensive STi Pink 565's because they are known for providing factory-smooth fuel delivery for a very nice idle. My injectors seem to be slightly uneven in spray pattern or something because the idle is kinda lumpy when the car is cold, but this may just be my tune needing to be smoothed out.
You most likely need to modify the injector latency values if you haven't already. The Deatschwerks latencies are different than stock IME.
blkscooby is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which injectors for power! Venom911 Service & Maintenance 1 02-29-2008 07:17 PM
Which injectors for the HKS 2530kai Twin Scroll turbo? keirnna Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain 0 01-23-2008 08:54 AM
which injectors for which turbos? ultramagnus Newbies & FAQs 22 08-06-2007 11:06 AM
Which injectors for stage 3 cobb? ender87i AccessPort 13 05-08-2007 02:33 AM
Poll: Which Injectors for FP18G Turbo Lowball Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain 4 03-15-2004 06:07 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.