Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 04:00 AM   #1
louis110
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 145757
Vehicle:
1993 BNR32

Default Oh no! Another Turbo Comparo Thread!

Yeah yeah yeah, I'm sure you're all sick of these threads asking which turbo is better...but too bad!

So I've been doing some research on the Zero/Sports A/R-25 twin scroll, Deadbolt Zilla TD05H-20G, and the Blouch TD05H-20G, and they seem to provide similar results. I've been leaning towards the Zero/Sports unit, but if its performance and responsiveness is similar to the 20G units, then the price really doesn't justify the investment.

When comparing the Deadbolt and Blouch units the two are almost identical, however I have heard only good things about the Blouch unit. On the other hand Deadbolt offers free rebuilds which is a big plus. I'm so torn, care to give me your input?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:43 AM   #2
Unabomber
Big Ron

Member#: 18062
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

Budget?
Car's use?
Spool goals?
WHP goals?
Do you know how to interpret compressor maps?
Do you have a compressor my for the ZS turbo?
Have you talked to turbo Vendors?
Have you talked to your tuner?
Do you drive a Kia Sephia or a 1973 Dodgle Little Red Express as your profile and your post leave us clueless?
Have you read the Turbo FAQ?

Drop the attitude and post relevent facts as you can get some bad advice here without posting intelligently. Read the Turbo FAQ, ramp up your knowledge, and post back with pointed questions based on your specific needs. Until then I would recommend no turbo to you as you will be unhappy since it's not catered to your needs.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:04 AM   #3
modaddict
Scooby Guru

Member#: 95840
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
sold to a good bud
awaiting next car

why not try a deadbolt 20g on the left side, and a blouch 20g on the right side of your Viper? twin turbo FTMFW!
Old 08-22-2007, 12:28 AM   #4
jet2686
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 128694
Vehicle:
2006 WRX TR
CGM

ok Im posting in hope to revive this Thread. Im also curious about the Blouch TD05H-20G, seems nice does anyone have any numbers for it? We are talking about the 2.5L PowerPlant in this section right? O and i have a 06 WRX, looking to just boost up my power anything around like 330+ the car is a Daily Driver.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:53 AM   #5
Unabomber
Big Ron

Member#: 18062
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

You can probably find 900 numbers for it in the Power Proven Bragging forum.....do SOME homework before digging up an old assed post. Or call one of the 912 turbo vendors, they know.
Closed Thread