Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday July 13, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
STi Mikey
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 114631
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: TheShopCT / EFI LOGICS
Vehicle:
2009 GTR, 735whp
13' Benz, 15' WRX

Default Another well powered, well tuned 07

Mods:

Greedy TBE
255 Pump
c16 gas

The car was tuned at The Shop late last night by Franz. Benoit from Ecuteck Canada was there as well and sold me an Easy ECU so that map switching was possible.

A few things to say dyno-wise before i discuss the power. The dyno dynamics dyno is a fully adjustable dynometer as far as correction factor. As many of you have seen, the other night Junior2jz made some rediculous power out of a stock turbo 07 at the shop. That some 350whp 390wtq was not b.s, it was set to a real dynapack setting. Previously an evo was dyno'ed at The Shop on the Dyno Dynamics, then dyno'ed on another shop's dynapack. The numbers were off by only 4 hp.

With this being said, i was tuned on the dynapack setting

359.6whp
375wtq

21psi

However, at the end of the session I changed the correction over to standard and those numbers changed.

330whp
350wtq

This is what I stuck with numbers wise. I do not have a graph on me, but the power reaches 300 @ 4700RPM, 330 @5400RPM, and 300 is still held at 7000. The curve is amazing and the power comes in soooo smooth.

Used C16 because with all the tuning going on over the last few days all other race gas was out.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
STi Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:54 PM   #2
AZScoobie
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 8785
Join Date: Jul 2001
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
02 c_turner@ix.
netcom.com

Default

330whp with C16 is avg power. No graph so we cant comment on the tune. Can you post it? Sounds like a good tune though.

Clark
AZScoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:24 PM   #3
UM-WRXer
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 44623
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Geneva, CH
Default

Is franz diebold tuning in the suby scene again?
UM-WRXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:53 PM   #4
Equilibrium Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 26933
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Fairfield, CA
Vehicle:
2006 STI
CGM

Default

Kudo's on running with a 1.0 CF! 330whp is actually very good power without using any inflation factor. That should be good for 114-115mph traps! The torque could be a bit higher, but considering you're only running 21psi, its pretty much right on. Its amazing to finally see some numbers that correspond to mine

-- Ed
Equilibrium Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:29 PM   #5
JK@THESHOP
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 156622
Join Date: Aug 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi Mikey View Post
Mods:

Greedy TBE
255 Pump
c16 gas

The car was tuned at The Shop late last night by Franz. Benoit from Ecuteck Canada was there as well and sold me an Easy ECU so that map switching was possible.

A few things to say dyno-wise before i discuss the power. The dyno dynamics dyno is a fully adjustable dynometer as far as correction factor. As many of you have seen, the other night Junior2jz made some rediculous power out of a stock turbo 07 at the shop. That some 350whp 390wtq was not b.s, it was set to a real dynapack setting. Previously an evo was dyno'ed at The Shop on the Dyno Dynamics, then dyno'ed on another shop's dynapack. The numbers were off by only 4 hp.

With this being said, i was tuned on the dynapack setting

359.6whp
375wtq

21psi

However, at the end of the session I changed the correction over to standard and those numbers changed.

330whp
350wtq

This is what I stuck with numbers wise. I do not have a graph on me, but the power reaches 300 @ 4700RPM, 330 @5400RPM, and 300 is still held at 7000. The curve is amazing and the power comes in soooo smooth.

Used C16 because with all the tuning going on over the last few days all other race gas was out.
Ok first off - we use a correction factor of 1.1 , when and only when a customer wants to see or know what his or hers particular set would have made on a Dynojet is when and only when we use the correction factor of 1.2 , it has been proven time and time again to be with in plus or minus 5 hp , and in Mikeysti statement he claims or states Dynopak which is in correct , he meant to say or should have said Dynojet - Jimmy
JK@THESHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:46 PM   #6
silverwrx666
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 86514
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Plaistow Nh
Vehicle:
07 swp sti,86 k10,
91 lexus LS400

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UM-WRXer View Post
Is franz diebold tuning in the suby scene again?

I don't think he ever stoped

I thought he went out on his own
silverwrx666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:26 PM   #7
Tgui
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 44771
Join Date: Oct 2003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaus View Post
Kudo's on running with a 1.0 CF! 330whp is actually very good power without using any inflation factor. That should be good for 114-115mph traps! The torque could be a bit higher, but considering you're only running 21psi, its pretty much right on. Its amazing to finally see some numbers that correspond to mine

-- Ed
Only 21 psi?? I thought I was nuts for running 20psi. Strange how whats considered kosher for the VF39 is always changing. (I expect that there is a taper to 15 or so psi at redline)

How many psi are people pushing @ peak torque with the VF39 now? EDIT: Yeah, this is the VF43, but the question stands, unless this is not an STi

OP: Good numbers! What kind of injector duty cycle are you seeing at red line?
Tgui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:11 PM   #8
silverwrx666
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 86514
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Plaistow Nh
Vehicle:
07 swp sti,86 k10,
91 lexus LS400

Default

I think 21 psi is possible due the c16.
I'm hoping for the same results when I get my race gas tune.
on my pump tune I would be happy with 19-20 psi
silverwrx666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:12 PM   #9
Equilibrium Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 26933
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Fairfield, CA
Vehicle:
2006 STI
CGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgui View Post
Only 21 psi?? I thought I was nuts for running 20psi. Strange how whats considered kosher for the VF39 is always changing. (I expect that there is a taper to 15 or so psi at redline)

How many psi are people pushing @ peak torque with the VF39 now? EDIT: Yeah, this is the VF43, but the question stands, unless this is not an STi

OP: Good numbers! What kind of injector duty cycle are you seeing at red line?
20psi peak is appropriate for pump gas but on race gas I've run as much as 25-26psi peak and made tons of torque. Boost still tapers off to redline of course, so peak whp is usually unaffected... just the area under the curve.

-- Ed
Equilibrium Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:46 PM   #10
JK@THESHOP
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 156622
Join Date: Aug 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaus View Post
20psi peak is appropriate for pump gas but on race gas I've run as much as 25-26psi peak and made tons of torque. Boost still tapers off to redline of course, so peak whp is usually unaffected... just the area under the curve.

-- Ed
I concur , Mikeysti's pump gas tune was set to around 19-20 psi spike and tappering down to around 14-15 psi . I or should i say we , dont like to run more boost then that on a pump gas daily driven car with the factory top mount - Jimmy
JK@THESHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another pricing mistake? well order anyway! lionken07 Off-Topic 18 10-18-2009 10:05 PM
Feeler:FS(LA)02 APS/COBB WRX well sorted-reliable tuned by Cobb 4porsh SCIC Private Classifieds 14 08-15-2008 06:35 AM
Feeler:FS(LA)02 APS/COBB WRX well sorted-reliable tuned by Cobb 4porsh Private Vehicle 'For Sale' Classifieds 13 08-15-2008 06:34 AM
Well my remote tune is done justin time for FIR HPDE Valhakar South West Impreza Club Forum -- SWIC 1 11-09-2006 07:49 PM
another job (very) well done by wakefield subaru yellowscooby New England Impreza Club Forum -- NESIC 0 07-17-2006 11:58 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.