Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday September 19, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2007, 02:36 AM   #1
BlownCobra
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 40812
Join Date: Jul 2003
Vehicle:
1991 Dodge Spirit
It's my grandma's

Default 10.734@132.76: Bolt-on S4 with OEM RS4 K04 turbos

Stock 2.7T block (APB)
Stock rods, pistons, and crank
Stock displacement and compression ratio
Stock cylinder heads, head bolts, and gaskets
Stock cams, springs, and retainers
Stock intake & exhaust manifolds
Stock electronics & engine management (Bosch Motronic 7.1)
Stock ignition system
Stock transmission
Stock driveshafts
Stock axles
Stock rearend

Mods:

OEM RS4 K04 turbos (full boost at 3700rpms)
26psi spike tapering to 22 at redline
AWE intercoolers
AWE MAF
Bosch Greentop Injectors
RS4 fuel pump
GIAC Stage 3 software
Adaptive channel tweaking with Lemmiwinks, ECUx, and NGK AFX Wideband O2.
APR Downpipes
VP C16 (used for extra protection, all that's really needed is 103-104 octane)
NO nitrous!

10.734@132.76 video link:

http://titsup-racing.com/video/s4/s4_10_73.wmv
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
BlownCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:00 AM   #2
STimo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 110273
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: OC, California
Vehicle:
450 whp 30R STI
11.3@123, 10's a commin'

Default

Unless the car was COMPLETELY stripped i dunno, id be VERy impressed as these are pretty heavy cars.. You sure he wasnt running twin GT28s?? Cuz not one but TWO of my buddies run the exact same setup and on 110oct they're good for 11.8-12.00 @ 118-120 in a full weight.. I believe they run 25psi with a 1-2 taper..
STimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:17 AM   #3
LA_STI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 145721
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Venice
Vehicle:
2004 STi
JBP

Default

that was pretty damn sweet
LA_STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:21 AM   #4
BlownCobra
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 40812
Join Date: Jul 2003
Vehicle:
1991 Dodge Spirit
It's my grandma's

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STimo View Post
Unless the car was COMPLETELY stripped i dunno, id be VERy impressed as these are pretty heavy cars.. You sure he wasnt running twin GT28s?? Cuz not one but TWO of my buddies run the exact same setup and on 110oct they're good for 11.8-12.00 @ 118-120 in a full weight.. I believe they run 25psi with a 1-2 taper..
It's my car and yes it's stripped, although not quite completely just yet.

Right now my 60fts are in the 1.68 to 1.72 range. Absolutely garbage. I need to get them down into the low 1.5 range and then I think I'll be running 10.3 to 10.4.
BlownCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:26 AM   #5
Phatron
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 36033
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Tuning Lab
Vehicle:
CEO PhatBottiTuning
2006 STi GTX3582 + Meth

Default

i thought a couple guys got into the 10's on the stock block but i cant find them right now

10.7 STI. it has forged internals, but stock heads
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=894763

11.2 @ 128 mph, stock block head and clutch
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=588640
Phatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:05 AM   #6
downsti
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 63179
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: THANKs CrucialRacing, EQTuning
Vehicle:
2006 Stock Turbo STi
11.7@113mph-115.6mph VF39

Default

nice car.. even more badass on 1/4time

im seen your car around alot on many video and couple of my friends knows about your car.
i heard your car is only 2700lb with you in it
is that true?

one fellow racer friend owns a s4 with the same set up as you said that
just want to know if its true
downsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:32 AM   #7
stickman
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 13890
Join Date: Jan 2002
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: DFW
Vehicle:
2007 Mazda CX 7
Icy Blew

Default

nice.

any pics?

whats the difference between RS4 turbos and a S4 turbo?
stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:45 PM   #8
BlownCobra
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 40812
Join Date: Jul 2003
Vehicle:
1991 Dodge Spirit
It's my grandma's

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatron View Post
i thought a couple guys got into the 10's on the stock block but i cant find them right now

10.7 STI. it has forged internals, but stock heads
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=894763

11.2 @ 128 mph, stock block head and clutch
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=588640
I'm not trying to turn this into an "S4 is better than Subaru" thread. I just thought some of you might enjoy seeing what's going on with other platforms.
BlownCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:46 PM   #9
BlownCobra
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 40812
Join Date: Jul 2003
Vehicle:
1991 Dodge Spirit
It's my grandma's

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsti View Post
nice car.. even more badass on 1/4time

im seen your car around alot on many video and couple of my friends knows about your car.
i heard your car is only 2700lb with you in it
is that true?

one fellow racer friend owns a s4 with the same set up as you said that
just want to know if its true
Yup, it's around 2750-2800 with me in it. Where are you guys from?
BlownCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:58 PM   #10
BlownCobra
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 40812
Join Date: Jul 2003
Vehicle:
1991 Dodge Spirit
It's my grandma's

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickman View Post
nice.

any pics?

whats the difference between RS4 turbos and a S4 turbo?
The stock S4 turbos are K03s. They're tiny, blow all the time, and capable of about 320whp max. The RS4 turbos are K04s, very reliable, and capable of around 500whp. The turbos from the Audi RS6 are also K04s, but quite a bit bigger than the RS4 turbos. That's what I'll be upgrading to next. They're good for about 75-100whp over RS4 turbos, so I'll be shooting for a high 9 second pass if I can get the 60ft down to 1.50 or so.

Here are some pics:



BlownCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:40 PM   #11
PaulRex
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 12454
Join Date: Nov 2001
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Vermont
Vehicle:
10 Toyota Taco
K8 SV650SF

Default

Congrats Marc!

Hope youve been well, thats one helluva pass there! I know youve been trying to break 10s since you bought that thing, what did you change to get there? Weight reduction, tuning? or just a really good pass?


Paul

Last edited by PaulRex; 09-03-2007 at 01:49 PM.
PaulRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:48 PM   #12
JK@THESHOP
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 156622
Join Date: Aug 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownCobra View Post
Stock 2.7T block (APB)
Stock rods, pistons, and crank
Stock displacement and compression ratio
Stock cylinder heads, head bolts, and gaskets
Stock cams, springs, and retainers
Stock intake & exhaust manifolds
Stock electronics & engine management (Bosch Motronic 7.1)
Stock ignition system
Stock transmission
Stock driveshafts
Stock axles
Stock rearend

Mods:

OEM RS4 K04 turbos (full boost at 3700rpms)
26psi spike tapering to 22 at redline
AWE intercoolers
AWE MAF
Bosch Greentop Injectors
RS4 fuel pump
GIAC Stage 3 software
Adaptive channel tweaking with Lemmiwinks, ECUx, and NGK AFX Wideband O2.
APR Downpipes
VP C16 (used for extra protection, all that's really needed is 103-104 octane)
NO nitrous!

10.734@132.76 video link:

http://titsup-racing.com/video/s4/s4_10_73.wmv
Nice run Marc , congradulations on going in the 10's , i also want to thank you for putting together the video of my car at Island Drag way . See you Weds before we go to the track for a dyno session hopefully you can extract a little bit more power from her and go a little bit faster ! - Jimmy
JK@THESHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:00 PM   #13
z
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 41762
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: International
Location: House of Pancakes
Vehicle:
04 STi
CT-DE-FL rinse+repeat

Default

Very sweet! Got any engine bay pics?
z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:14 PM   #14
Swine
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 16197
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Georgia
Vehicle:
05 LGT 18G-beater
12' Coyote Stang M6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownCobra View Post
Yup, it's around 2750-2800 with me in it. Where are you guys from?


Holy hell that thing is stripped!

Might want to update your first post with weight #'s, that is quite an important factor.
Swine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:18 PM   #15
BlownCobra
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 40812
Join Date: Jul 2003
Vehicle:
1991 Dodge Spirit
It's my grandma's

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRex View Post
Congrats Marc!

Hope youve been well, thats one helluva pass there! I know youve been trying to break 10s since you bought that thing, what did you change to get there? Weight reduction, tuning? or just a really good pass?


Paul
Damn Paul, you're still alive? I had no idea!

You moved to Vermont? What's going on over there?

Same old sh|t with me... Still addicted to cars/street racing/etc.

The 3 tenth and 3-4mph improvement came from more boost and some fine tuning. My car was pig rich before (went 10:1 at 5500rpms and never returned), so I saw some nice gains from leaning it out. I now run around 12.5 AFR. Car seems to make the most power there. I also gained power from turning up the boost.

Still got the WRX?
BlownCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:20 PM   #16
BlownCobra
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 40812
Join Date: Jul 2003
Vehicle:
1991 Dodge Spirit
It's my grandma's

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK@THESHOP View Post
Nice run Marc , congradulations on going in the 10's , i also want to thank you for putting together the video of my car at Island Drag way . See you Weds before we go to the track for a dyno session hopefully you can extract a little bit more power from her and go a little bit faster ! - Jimmy
Thanks dude. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Island is open this Weds. night like I had thought. They stopped the first Weds. of the month racing thing back in August. So I guess you guys will go to E-town instead? I might still go... I'll just take Maggie.
BlownCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:21 PM   #17
BlownCobra
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 40812
Join Date: Jul 2003
Vehicle:
1991 Dodge Spirit
It's my grandma's

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swine View Post
Holy hell that thing is stripped!

Might want to update your first post with weight #'s, that is quite an important factor.
Yeah, I should also update my first post with the amount of money I've spent on this car which is currently $11,000 including the cost of the car.
BlownCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:22 PM   #18
SilverSurfer04STi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 71542
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Midwest
Vehicle:
2013 WRB BRZ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownCobra View Post
Yup, it's around 2750-2800 with me in it. Where are you guys from?
That's SUPER light man. That thing is way stripped.

Impressive even if stripped. Congrats on the 10s.
SilverSurfer04STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:23 PM   #19
SilverSurfer04STi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 71542
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Midwest
Vehicle:
2013 WRB BRZ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownCobra View Post
Yeah, I should also update my first post with the amount of money I've spent on this car which is currently $11,000 including the cost of the car.
Is it a salvaged S4 or something? Did you buy it after bank repo'ed it from some poor schmuck? That's literally dirt cheap.
SilverSurfer04STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:27 PM   #20
BlownCobra
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 40812
Join Date: Jul 2003
Vehicle:
1991 Dodge Spirit
It's my grandma's

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavigm View Post
Very sweet! Got any engine bay pics?
Here are a couple from different intake/intercooler setups. I now run an intake that's different than the two shown below.


BlownCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:28 PM   #21
Swine
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 16197
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Georgia
Vehicle:
05 LGT 18G-beater
12' Coyote Stang M6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer04STi View Post
Is it a salvaged S4 or something. That's literally dirt cheap.
Yeah and vw/audi stuff isnt cheap, which means the car must have been uber cheap. Im sure around 700-1000 of the $$ went to those wheels and bfg radials.

My oldest brother had an apr stage 3 a4 and my middle brother had a apr stage 2 b4 passat.


I wasnt trying to take anything away from you BC from asking you to update your first post...but you tell us everything you have done EXCEPT for weight savings in the first post? Why? Do you consider this not important?
Swine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #22
BlownCobra
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 40812
Join Date: Jul 2003
Vehicle:
1991 Dodge Spirit
It's my grandma's

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer04STi View Post
That's SUPER light man. That thing is way stripped.

Impressive even if stripped. Congrats on the 10s.
Thanks. I'm a strong proponent of weight reduction because it's cheap, makes the car more reliable, and not only greatly enhances acceleration, but cornering, braking, and fuel economy too!

I'm looking forward to actually making some real engine mods... GT2871RS turbos, built 3.0L motor, some head work, cams, etc. This car should fly with 800-900 WHP.
BlownCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:33 PM   #23
BlownCobra
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 40812
Join Date: Jul 2003
Vehicle:
1991 Dodge Spirit
It's my grandma's

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swine View Post
Yeah and vw/audi stuff isnt cheap, which means the car must have been uber cheap. Im sure around 700-1000 of the $$ went to those wheels and bfg radials.

My oldest brother had an apr stage 3 a4 and my middle brother had a apr stage 2 b4 passat.


I wasnt trying to take anything away from you BC from asking you to update your first post...but you tell us everything you have done EXCEPT for weight savings in the first post? Why? Do you consider this not important?
Because I thought this was a forum about power bragging, not weight reduction bragging. If you guys want me to brag about weight reduction, I can tell you about all the research, creativity, dedication, and thriftiness that went into removing 1,000lbs from a 3,600lb car. Hint: Less than 100lbs of that thousand was cut out of the car so spare me all the wise ass cracks about how easy it is to bust out the sawzall.

Contrary to popular belief, VW/Audi parts are pretty damn cheap, especially if you know where to find stuff. I have a friend that buys salvage S4s at the auction for only a couple grand and parts them out. Even new, the parts aren't that expensive. For example, I run OEM Audi TT diverter valves and they run $32 each new.

The rear wheels I run are OEM CLK320 MB rims. I got a set of 4 for $50 in Craigslist. The rear Hoosier drag radials were $200 shipped. The set of SSR Comps with BFGs have since been sold. I now run Kosei K1 TS rims in the front which I got for $450 for a set of 4. The front BFG drag radials I'm borrowing from my buddy's Evo.

The reason why I have so little in my car is because over the course of about 3 years I was able to sell just about every part that I removed for weight reduction. The alcantara seats, airbags, airbag module, door panels, carpeting, headliner, sunroof assembly, misc. covers/moldings, climate controls, stereo, speakers, ABS module, side skirts, rear valence, etc. adds up fast. I got thousands and thousands of dollars for that crap.

The other reason is because I was fortunate enough to pick up a few sponsors who gave me free aftermarket parts. I was then able to make even more money by selling the aftermarket parts that came on the car when I bought it back in the end of 2003. When I bought it in '03, it already had the K04s and a bunch of other mods, so I saved some more money there as well.

I'm not saying my car could be duplicated for $11,000; only that $11K is what I currently have into it including the cost of the car itself. Keep in mind this price doesn't include the labor that myself and friends put into the car. We spent a ton of time with the weight reduction alone. For example, we re-wired the entire car and removed 44lbs worth of wiring alone! This was a huge job.

With that said, S4s are getting really cheap. With a clean title, you can get one with high miles for $6K to $8K. They're even cheaper at the auction. If you play your cards right, you could buy a 6spd S4, completely gut it, sell all the parts, and wind up with a RUNNING S4 for a few grand or even ZERO money!



Last edited by BlownCobra; 09-03-2007 at 02:46 PM.
BlownCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:36 PM   #24
04caliwrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 157842
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: NOR*CAL
Vehicle:
2004 wrx
WRB

Default

wow that car is just nuts man! but why does it look lifted?
04caliwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:39 PM   #25
wrxty
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 121996
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: bountiful, UT
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Default

That was a nice run. Whats the supsension setup?
wrxty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.