|09-13-2016, 06:49 PM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
NASA AZ @ AMP - October 22, 2016
Registration is now open for October 22 at Arizona Motorsports Park.
$30 Discount through this weekend only. Code: AMPv1
Key items to note:
1. Sound testing will be required the morning of the event. If you don't pass you will receive a credit of your registration fees toward a future NASA AZ event (less a $30 processing fee).
2. You may purchase 1 or 2 add'l guest/crew passes for $25/each. There will be a limited number of passes available and must be purchased at the time of registration. (No guests will be allowed onsite without a pass since there is a 200 max person limit on the site)
3. If you are part of a team the second driver will need to purchase the crew pass.
How do I pre-check my cars sound levels before showing up?
We get this question all of the time and here is what we have learned:
* Most cars with moderate power levels (<300HP) will pass the sound requirements if left stock
* Some cars with high output motors or V8's may not pass sound even if completely stock (Ex: Corvette Z06, Ferrari, etc.)
* If your vehicle's sound levels are questionable, they should be tested prior to showing up onsite so save administrative time for everyone. Decibel meter applications for smart phones are relatively accurate (within 2 dB) when compared to AMP's high end sound testing equipment. To pass sound at AMP, you need to be @ 94dB or less when full throttle (under load, not just revving in neutral) and near redline when measured from 50' away from the track surface.
Arizona Motorsports Park
15402 W Camelback Rd
Litchfield Park, AZ 85340
PRE-Event and Early Paddock Setup
There will not be any early setup available on Friday. Gates will open per the schedule on Sat morning.
The track has a strict limit on the number of people allowed onsite so attendance will be controlled via a guest/gate list that you must pre-register for via the registration page. You will need to provide your name so it can be checked off the list. If you are a 2nd/team driver or have a guest or "crew" they will need to provide the name that their crew credential was purchased under to cross reference. Officials or Instructors not already on the gate list may use their NASA Badge to gain access to the site.
Draft schedule - will be pasted below
HPDE Tech Inspection
Please print and fill out a tech form prior to arriving to tech
Driver Info / Registration
Will be located near the NASA AZ trailers (see paddock map)
If you are not wearing your waiver wrist band you may be asked by Driver Info to sign the waiver again
HPDE1 will need to check in with registration. All other groups will receive their wristbands from their respective Group Leader directly after the Drivers Meeting
The club provides bottled water for staff/volunteers @ registration. That same water is also available to participants and guests @ 2 for $1 using the self serve cash box.
Lulu will be onsite in her taco truck serving breakfast & lunch. Please support her so she will continue to support us!
There will be no fuel service onsite. Please plan accordingly.
NASA Arizona will have tire service available with pricing as follows:
$5 tire disposal
*DRAFT* Schedule - Subject to change - Do NOT PRINT (FINAL VERSION WILL BE EMAILED OUT BY 9PM ON THURSDAY 10/20
0 7:30 17:00 Gates Open / Close
0 7:40 16:00 Driver Info Opens
0 7:40 16:00 Tech Opens
0 8:10 8:25 Instructor Meeting @ Driver Info
0 8:15 8:30 Drivers meeting (all)
1 8:35 AM 9:10 AM 0:35 Sound Testing
2 9:10 AM 9:30 AM 0:20 HPDE4 & Comp School (warm up & offline driving)
3 9:30 AM 9:50 AM 0:20 HPDE3
4 9:50 AM 10:05 AM 0:15 Comp School - (side by side drill)
5 10:05 AM 10:25 AM 0:20 HPDE2
6 10:25 AM 10:45 AM 0:20 HPDE1
7 10:45 AM 10:50 AM 0:05 Time Correction (extra time given to HPDE1 if not needed)
8 10:50 AM 11:05 AM 0:15 Comp School - (passing drill)
9 11:05 AM 11:25 AM 0:20 HPDE4
10 11:25 AM 11:45 AM 0:20 HPDE3
11 11:45 AM 12:05 PM 0:20 HPDE2
12 12:05 PM 12:25 PM 0:20 HPDE1
13 12:25 PM 12:45 PM 0:20 Comp School - (gridding & rolling starts)
14 12:45 PM 1:10 PM 0:25 Lunch / Time Correction
15 1:10 PM 1:30 PM 0:20 HPDE4 & HPDE3 (combined)
16 1:30 PM 1:50 PM 0:20 HPDE2
17 1:50 PM 2:10 PM 0:20 HPDE1
18 2:10 PM 2:35 PM 0:25 Comp School - (standing start, abort start, restart)
19 2:35 PM 2:55 PM 0:20 HPDE4 & HPDE3 (combined)
20 2:55 PM 3:15 PM 0:20 HPDE1 & 2 (combined)
21 3:15 PM 3:40 PM 0:25 Comp School - (mock races)
22 3:40 PM 4:00 PM 0:20 Bonus HPDE session / Time Correction
23 4:00 PM 5:00 PM 1:00 All people and cars must be offsite by 5PM
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.