|09-10-2007, 09:36 PM||#1|
Member Sales Rating: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Vienna, VAVehicle:
2003 Legacy 2.5GT
FS: New/used suspension parts 98 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
Since I traded my beloved 98 2.5GT in for a 2003 model year, there a few parts around here that I can't use on the newer one, if anyone's interested. All parts were either designed for or installed on a 1998 Legacy 2.5GT sedan. Here's the list:
1) Used Cusco OS style front strut brace (anodized blue strut mounts, aluminum shaft), will fit other Subaru's and other years as well. It did bolt on perfectly to my old 98, but the strut mounts ended up denting my hood, which is why I took it off in the first place. $50 obo, will ship UPS Ground for free in continental USA.
2) Brand new, unopened factory OEM inner and outer tie rods, both left and right hand side, and brand new, unopened Whiteline Steering Rack bushings. My old tie rods were loose and worn out and I had planned to get this "steering upgrade" installed, but since I traded in the car I can no longer use them. The steering rack bushings might still work on my new one, but I wouldn't mind throwing them in for free if someone picked up the whole tie rod package. $75 obo, UPS Ground shipping within the USA free here too.
3) Used left and right OEM rear taillight assemblies. The passenger side has a crack on its right side, but overall they're both in good shape. There were replaced with JDM clear corner tailights from Japan, which incidentally are still on the car, somewhere....$25 obo for both stock tailights.
4) Brand new set of all four stock springs from Subaru, front and rear, left and right I bought this spring set over a year ago because the mechanic who installed them in the first place told me my Eibach lowering springs were sagging badly (after complaining of unusually bouncy ride). After I had already wasted the money on new factory springs, I went out and got a second opinion. Something I should have done before I spent that cash, but at least now I won't repeat that misstep. It turns out that my Eibachs weren't failing, it was my worn and beaten stock tires that were the problem. After slapping on some low profile, speed-rated Toyo Proxes, the problem nearly vanished. $125 obo, new, never used or installed, all four springs are still in original shipping box. I can cover ground shipping charges on this, but anything extra (insurance, air delivery, etc.) will be extra.
5) Brand new, unopened factory Subaru knock sensor, part #22060AA061. Initially, I tried replacing this part myself, because it looked easy from the repair guide photos, but after slicing my hand open just trying to get the damn thing out I gave up. I paid the nearby Subaru dealer for the install instead (and had to pay for the sensor AGAIN), so consequently I got stuck with yet another extra Legacy part. $25 obo, free UPS Ground delivery.
6) Two (2) brand new, never used or installed, factory Subaru coolant temp sensors, part #22630AA041. A long story, but it involved a Check engine light and hours of futile searching for the wrong part. Apparently there were two different temp sensors on my old 98, and I picked up the wrong one twice. Make an offer, and I'll cover the shipping charges.
7) Used stock intermediate pipe (between main cat pipe and muffler). I'm assuming this only fits the Legacy BD sedans. Took this off along with the factory header for a complete Stromung/Borla exhaust system. $25 obo, free ground shipping included.
I will accept cash (especially if you're local), but I would prefer either a certified/cashier's check in the mail or instant transfer through Paypal (I have an account there). If you're wondering about why I offer free ground shipping, it happens to be a perk of working as a shipping clerk. Anything personal that I ship through their UPS system, up to a certain weight limit and geographical area, is at no charge to employees. Anyone interested, questions comments whatever, don't hesitate to message me. Thanks!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Last edited by stargazerarizona; 09-10-2007 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes, asking price omissions
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|FS or part out 98 legacy 2.5GT||imprezin04||Private Vehicle 'For Sale' Classifieds||24||01-26-2006 10:51 PM|
|FS: Used Stromung muffler from my 98 Legacy 2.5GT sedan||wormholetraveler||Private 'For Sale' Classifieds||2||06-13-2005 06:52 PM|
|FS: 98 legacy 2.5gt wagon in NY - 6k or obo!!||hungiema||Private Vehicle 'For Sale' Classifieds||5||05-26-2005 10:15 PM|
|98 legacy 2.5gt PART OUT!! bunch of mod parts for sale!!||hungiema||Legacy Specific Parts||45||05-26-2005 07:17 PM|
|98 legacy 2.5gt part out!!! moving on!!!||hungiema||Tri-State Area Forum||1||05-22-2005 04:25 PM|