|01-14-2002, 05:10 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Edmonton, AB
Newbie to Subie
I posted this over at ClubWrx.net but didn't get too much response.
I know it's long winded so if you can give your opinion on any of my questions, I would really appreciate it.
1) Is there going to be any changes between the 2002 & 2003 models? If there is, I might hold out for a 2003 model
(I've read that there is rumours of a slight front end fascia change.)
2)What is the major options that are standard on the WRX? I read that the spoiler and heated seats are standard for the Cdn Market.
2a)Is the options like, extended armrest, upgraded stereo worth getting? I've read complaints of the stereo of being not being very good, but then again I'm not trying to win any competitions. I find factory stereos in most cars to be adequate.
3)I really like the look of the Subaru body kit (if you can call it that)
but is it really $$$ and is there risk of damaging it, lets say from going up a steep curb or places with high parking posts.
4)Pedals. Are they really drilled or do they just have the rubber pads on them. I don't really care which style it is, just curious
5)This one is for owners in Edmonton,or even in Alberta. How much did you guys pay? and any good dealers besides Subaru City?
A friend of mine who used to worked at the Hyundai side of the dealership told me that there is no budging on the price. i.e full MSRP and people just dropping off their downpayments. True?
6)What are the biggest gripes about the car? I do wish it had leather seats, moonroof etc, but I realize that this car was intended to be a driver's car and not a luxury sports sedan. Besides, I've never had a moonroof or leather in my car so I'm sure I can live with out it.
7)No other cars right now appeal to me, but I would like to give them a chance. Is there any cars that you would have almost got? ie. Acura RSX, Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Mazda Protege5, VW GTi or Jetta.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|01-14-2002, 05:23 PM||#2|
Join Date: Sep 1999
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
1) I doubt anyone really knows yet. If there are any changes though, they will probably be VERY minor. Worth waiting for? Probably not.
2) those two, and heated mirror as well
2a) armrest might worth it. Stereo isn't. You can get a nice aftermarket deck for less, and will sound way better. I think the upgraded stereo is just different speakers in the door and rear deck, and a underseat sub. All of which aren't worth the $$$
3) The rear ground effects make the rear like 0.5mm closer to the ground almost no change. Not sure about the front piece, but I imagine on steep driveways, it could possibly scrape.
4) Just little round black things attached to them (ie no holes drilled)
5) Only dealers in Alberta are Subaru City (etown), Big Ben (red deer), SoC (calgary) and Centaur (calgary)
SoC offered me $1,000 off MSRP on a blue 5spd sedan right when the WRX came out. Demand is lower now, so id never pay MSRP for one......
6) no bottom end torque? headlights
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Newbie to the Site and Subies||2ez4me||Newbies & FAQs||25||08-27-2013 11:06 PM|
|Newbie to Subies||204||Newbies & FAQs||4||07-11-2008 06:13 PM|
|newbie to suby, got some ???s||05RSnazzy||Newbies & FAQs||4||02-28-2008 11:12 AM|
|Newbie to the Suby.||suby_will||Member's Car Gallery||28||11-27-2006 05:47 PM|
|What's up Newbie to subies here...||SoChaotic||Newbies & FAQs||7||02-06-2003 01:06 AM|