Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-13-2001, 01:34 PM   #1
Porter
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 486
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2004 Forester XT
bug spattered

VA inspectors are usually idiots. When I lived up there I had a guy try to fail my Saab because he said the venting in the hood wasn't stock, and that the hood wasn't designed to open backwards, that I had "jerry rigged" it. What an idiot. I called his manager and had a word with them.

Do all of us a huge favor. Take an impreza brochure from last year in there and wave it in his face and make him admit how stupid he was to question your scoop.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 12:41 AM   #2
Skirvdawg
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3375
Vehicle:
2002 VW Jetta Wagon
Black

Post VA inspection of the Sube

I had to have my car inspected in order to get a pass for the base here in Va, and I darn near failed the inspection. First, the guy questioned the scoop. I told him it was from the factory and I bought it like that. "Yeah, I know it was made at a factory, but I can't figure out if it came with the car." He finally looked up the regs in his little book and it was ok because it wasn't 1 1/8 inch above the bottom of the windshield. Next problem...I have Hella 500s mounted on the front. I told him I see trucks all the time with tons of lights on them. He said, yeah, but you Va. law says you can only use 4 headlights at a time. I said, "Ok, there's a difference between application and use. That's why I have covers on them; I only use them for offroad driving." Yeah, but these trucks have them on lightbars on the roof and.... I finally convinced him to just drop the topic and he passed me.

Then I asked him about registering my car here and he said something about registration fees by weight of the car and paying sales tax. I told him I already paid sales tax on it. He said they still charge it. Um, yeah, whatever.
Skirvdawg is offline   Reply With Quote