Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday September 19, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2007, 07:05 AM   #1
HDMLNIUM
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 147769
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Scarborough, Maine
Vehicle:
2009 STI
Silver

Default New best for me in the STI

Well I made a few passes tonight and all went pretty good right up until the time the told me I was done.. lol
My best two passes looked like this;
60'...1.767
330'...4.979
1/8....7.500
mph...96.71
1000'..9.626
1/4....11.455
mph...123.05

Then I made another pass and it looked like this;
60'...1.753
330'...4.923
1/8...7.432
mph...96.25
1000'..9.566
1/4....11.400
mph...122.20

After the 11.400 they pulled me a side and told me I was done for the night with out a 6 point bar and a fire jacket.. lol
That was my goal so I guess I can't complain too much haha
I was runing my C-16 race fuel map which dynoed at 575 to the wheels. I am going to go again this Friday useing my street map 93 octane at 508 to the wheels and see how I can do with the tune..
Anyway, it was a good night of racing and I guess it is time to think about a 6 point bar...

Bill __________________
07 STI CGM 11.400 at 122.20 575 hp tune
Mods; Perrin EL header, Cosworth block, Cosworth cams, UR GT35R turbo, APS FMIC, Meth injected, Pro-tune by XX-Tuning
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
HDMLNIUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:55 AM   #2
David L.
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 130632
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Newport R.I.
Vehicle:
2002 Z28 35th Ann.
Pewter

Default

Nice times dude! With a little more work you might be able to pulll off a 1.6 60' but constant 1.7's is good enough. Better than my 2.3's . Congrats...
David L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:47 AM   #3
chlnOrSlpn?
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 97785
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: CT
Vehicle:
2002 SRP Bugeye
EFI Logics/CTSUBIE

Default

Nice times! can't wait to see what the pump map does...
chlnOrSlpn? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:40 AM   #4
blowbyu24
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 84482
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: PA / Element Tuning
Vehicle:
2005 STI.UR gt4088r
E85 pro comp sti

Default

really nice car and i like your set up....your times are good from what iv researched i still don't know how those PR boys are running 10.8 and 10.9 with 550whp...i was thinking that 575whp should get you into the 10's...just a little constructive criticism, not hating at all

do you have any type of weight reduction, that might be your last and final touch

great job...tell us you you do on the pump gas tune
blowbyu24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:29 PM   #5
HDMLNIUM
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 147769
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Scarborough, Maine
Vehicle:
2009 STI
Silver

Default

Thanks guys, Yeah I was hoping for 11.2's or better but you get what you get I guess. I have zero weight reduction, I run the car at the track just like I do on the street. I even still have the spare tire in there just in case I get a flat.. lol
More times to come soon, going to the track tomorrow night and see what I can do on the 93 octane tune.
I have to say Chris and XX Tuning did a great job with my setup and it is only going to get better after we switch to the Hydra stand alone computer tuning and Chris works his magic some more..

Bill
HDMLNIUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:35 PM   #6
karl750
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 100977
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Columbus,OH
Vehicle:
2004 VF30 WRX
12.96@103.7mph 1.84 60'

Default

You're car is bad ass. Those times are siiick. Honest question; how is the lag on the GT35 for city driving? Everytime i see a dyno plot, people are making LOADS of power with that turbo but it doesn't kick in until 5k rpm. Does it feel laggy driving to work or trying to get around someone on the freeway in 5th or 6th at 65mph?
karl750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:27 PM   #7
thunder_sti
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 68315
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: P.R. 10 SEC CLUB
Vehicle:
04 Stock internals
520awhp-C16 425awhp-93o

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowbyu24 View Post
really nice car and i like your set up....your times are good from what iv researched i still don't know how those PR boys are running 10.8 and 10.9 with 550whp...i was thinking that 575whp should get you into the 10's...just a little constructive criticism, not hating at all
do you have any type of weight reduction, that might be your last and final touch

great job...tell us you you do on the pump gas tune
1st I would have to say you dont need 575awhp to run 10's.

We have witnessed here in PR from 490awhp + running 10's.

For example: My car has: STOCK INTERNALS

425awhp @ 93 Octane - Ran 11.9

520awhp w/ C19(VP) - 10.97 - 10.98 with clutch,fuel &spark plug issues.

We are currently fixing the issue to run a pb: of 10.5 - 10.6 Thats the goal on stock motor.

Here is a list of a Hall of Fame:
Most of us here have below 575awhp - Rnning 10's:

1. Big Valley (GP)----------9.5 @ 151 ---sti
2. Georgie Performance------9.8 @ 142 ---sti

3. La Rata------------------10.0 @ 141 ---wrx

4. STi Man------------------10.6 @ 133 ---sti
5. El Tonka-----------------10.6 @ 129 ---sti
6. Gibo STi-----------------10.6 @ 129 ---w/ stock Internals


7. Doc STi------------------10.7 @ 133
8. Gadiel-------------------10.7 @ 129 ---sti

9. Yabo---------------------10.8 @ 136 ---sti
10. Sun & Sand--------------10.8 @ 130 ---sti
11. REDWRX------------------10.8 @ 127 ---wrx
12. JG----------------------10.8 @ 127 --sti

13. GabyV-------------------10.9 @ 128 ---sti
14. Thunder STi-------------10.9 @128 -W/issues....stock internals

15. Pepe STi----------------11.0 @ 130
16. Llompart----------------11.0 @ 128
17. Titon-------------------11.1 @ 129 rs
18. rselosse----------------11.1 @ 125 --sti
19. Koki--------------------11.2 @ 125 --wrx
20. La Costa----------------11.2 @ 122 ---wrx
21. Opavon33- --------------11.3 @ 126---06sti


Its all about a great driver.

Last edited by thunder_sti; 10-04-2007 at 01:44 PM.
thunder_sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:35 PM   #8
thunder_sti
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 68315
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: P.R. 10 SEC CLUB
Vehicle:
04 Stock internals
520awhp-C16 425awhp-93o

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMLNIUM View Post
Well I made a few passes tonight and all went pretty good right up until the time the told me I was done.. lol
My best two passes looked like this;
60'...1.767
330'...4.979
1/8....7.500
mph...96.71
1000'..9.626
1/4....11.455
mph...123.05

Then I made another pass and it looked like this;
60'...1.753
330'...4.923
1/8...7.432
mph...96.25
1000'..9.566
1/4....11.400
mph...122.20

After the 11.400 they pulled me a side and told me I was done for the night with out a 6 point bar and a fire jacket.. lol
That was my goal so I guess I can't complain too much haha
I was runing my C-16 race fuel map which dynoed at 575 to the wheels. I am going to go again this Friday useing my street map 93 octane at 508 to the wheels and see how I can do with the tune..
Anyway, it was a good night of racing and I guess it is time to think about a 6 point bar...

Bill __________________
07 STI CGM 11.400 at 122.20 575 hp tune
Mods; Perrin EL header, Cosworth block, Cosworth cams, UR GT35R turbo, APS FMIC, Meth injected, Pro-tune by XX-Tuning

Congrats on the awesome run: Great Set-up!!! You should be in the 10second zone very shortly: FTW!!!!

1st: Your 60' are lost: You should be looking into 1.60 - 1.57
2nd: Your 1/8mph; Should be 102mph or better +
3rd: You will see the results of a 10 second timeslip
4th: 11.49 or better: requieres a Roll Bar - Not Roll Cage - Unless you just wanna get that for future personal best.


Good Luck; Keep us updated!!!
thunder_sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:04 PM   #9
HDMLNIUM
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 147769
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Scarborough, Maine
Vehicle:
2009 STI
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder_sti View Post
Congrats on the awesome run: Great Set-up!!! You should be in the 10second zone very shortly: FTW!!!!

1st: Your 60' are lost: You should be looking into 1.60 - 1.57
2nd: Your 1/8mph; Should be 102mph or better +
3rd: You will see the results of a 10 second timeslip
4th: 11.49 or better: requieres a Roll Bar - Not Roll Cage - Unless you just wanna get that for future personal best.


Good Luck; Keep us updated!!!
Thanks, still learning on the launch with the new setup, I have run an 1.61 60' on my last set up so I know it will come with a little more practice.
The tech guy at the track told me I needed a fire jacket and a 6 point bar, how many point bar are you saying I should need.
Thanks again..
Bill
HDMLNIUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:14 PM   #10
ChrisSK
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 117464
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New England
Vehicle:
->
2008 Hayabusa 1300R

Default

Good to hear Bill, now take some crap out of your car... haha..

If you want us to weld in a quick bar in the car, we can do it for ya, just let me know... We have done a few here and there. Obviously you wouldn't need something this stout, but we can set you up for the drag strip pretty quickly.

- Chris









ChrisSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:19 PM   #11
thunder_sti
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 68315
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: P.R. 10 SEC CLUB
Vehicle:
04 Stock internals
520awhp-C16 425awhp-93o

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMLNIUM View Post
Thanks, still learning on the launch with the new setup, I have run an 1.61 60' on my last set up so I know it will come with a little more practice.
The tech guy at the track told me I needed a fire jacket and a 6 point bar, how many point bar are you saying I should need.
Thanks again..
Bill
Right On!!!


A 5-point bar will take you to 10 flat.
thunder_sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:21 PM   #12
thunder_sti
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 68315
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: P.R. 10 SEC CLUB
Vehicle:
04 Stock internals
520awhp-C16 425awhp-93o

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX_Chris View Post
Good to hear Bill, now take some crap out of your car... haha..

If you want us to weld in a quick bar in the car, we can do it for ya, just let me know... We have done a few here and there. Obviously you wouldn't need something this stout, but we can set you up for the drag strip pretty quickly.

- Chris










Now thats awesome work.

I need one of them bad-boys to. lol You guys ship overseas..lol
thunder_sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:43 PM   #13
ChrisSK
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 117464
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New England
Vehicle:
->
2008 Hayabusa 1300R

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder_sti View Post
Now thats awesome work.

I need one of them bad-boys to. lol You guys ship overseas..lol
We cage'em, you race'em

Here is a simple drag race car we are in the process of doing now. Bill, I think this would work for ya, it has a few extra options as this car is spec'd to go 9's, but if you take out the rear cross bar, the halo and down bars that go through the dash, you pretty much have a cage that will fit your needs.











ChrisSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:53 PM   #14
blowbyu24
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 84482
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: PA / Element Tuning
Vehicle:
2005 STI.UR gt4088r
E85 pro comp sti

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder_sti View Post
1st I would have to say you dont need 575awhp to run 10's.

We have witnessed here in PR from 490awhp + running 10's.

For example: My car has: STOCK INTERNALS

425awhp @ 93 Octane - Ran 11.9

520awhp w/ C19(VP) - 10.97 - 10.98 with clutch,fuel &spark plug issues.

We are currently fixing the issue to run a pb: of 10.5 - 10.6 Thats the goal on stock motor.

Here is a list of a Hall of Fame:
Most of us here have below 575awhp - Rnning 10's:

1. Big Valley (GP)----------9.5 @ 151 ---sti
2. Georgie Performance------9.8 @ 142 ---sti

3. La Rata------------------10.0 @ 141 ---wrx

4. STi Man------------------10.6 @ 133 ---sti
5. El Tonka-----------------10.6 @ 129 ---sti
6. Gibo STi-----------------10.6 @ 129 ---w/ stock Internals


7. Doc STi------------------10.7 @ 133
8. Gadiel-------------------10.7 @ 129 ---sti

9. Yabo---------------------10.8 @ 136 ---sti
10. Sun & Sand--------------10.8 @ 130 ---sti
11. REDWRX------------------10.8 @ 127 ---wrx
12. JG----------------------10.8 @ 127 --sti

13. GabyV-------------------10.9 @ 128 ---sti
14. Thunder STi-------------10.9 @128 -W/issues....stock internals

15. Pepe STi----------------11.0 @ 130
16. Llompart----------------11.0 @ 128
17. Titon-------------------11.1 @ 129 rs
18. rselosse----------------11.1 @ 125 --sti
19. Koki--------------------11.2 @ 125 --wrx
20. La Costa----------------11.2 @ 122 ---wrx
21. Opavon33- --------------11.3 @ 126---06sti


Its all about a great driver.
hey man thanks for all the info...i was getting worried b/c i should be low 500's on my g40r on pump and thinking that it would be a mid 11's would suck in my personal goal...so that shows low 500whp can be a 10sec car
blowbyu24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:07 AM   #15
THE-95-STi
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 113734
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: International
Location: The U.K.
Vehicle:
1998 FSTi, 95 sold!
the JDM yO!(MAIC4LIFE)

Default

yea when the track is down hill
THE-95-STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:45 AM   #16
HDMLNIUM
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 147769
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Scarborough, Maine
Vehicle:
2009 STI
Silver

Default

Chris, Those cages look sweet, I will see you Wednesday when I drop off my car for my install of a six point bar setup ....
Thanks,
Bill
HDMLNIUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:57 AM   #17
kevinh211
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 56297
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island NY
Vehicle:
2004 STi HTA Green
28psi, MSPT Tuned

Default

the trap seems really low for that turbo and your running race gas. id take a look at the tune, somethings up
kevinh211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:10 AM   #18
El Gato
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 110648
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: PRSIC
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Vehicle:
2005 Hydramist 35R82
93oct 479whp 456tq

Default

I ran a 11.5 at 124 mph with 479 at the wheels (and a terrible launch) here in PR. So that dyno seems to read higher than the one here in PR. Unless he's presenting flywheel HP?
El Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:20 AM   #19
Boxer4u
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 115149
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Antioch, IL
Vehicle:
07 STI
Murdered & Loud

Default

To the OP, nice power and times!!! Wish i could get that power out of my car...
Just out of curiosity, how are some people running high 11's with their VF39 STi's, and then other people throw on a larger GTXX turbo, and get close to the same results?
Understand that i'm not hating, i'm just curious...
Boxer4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:45 AM   #20
ChrisSK
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 117464
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New England
Vehicle:
->
2008 Hayabusa 1300R

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinh211 View Post
the trap seems really low for that turbo and your running race gas. id take a look at the tune, somethings up
Something is wrong with the tune, you nailed it!

It was his second time down the track with the new setup guys, give him a chance. I do agree the traps are a little low, but for a full interior car/Stereo, stock tires, I think he did pretty well.
ChrisSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:03 PM   #21
kevinh211
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 56297
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island NY
Vehicle:
2004 STi HTA Green
28psi, MSPT Tuned

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX_Chris View Post
Something is wrong with the tune, you nailed it!

It was his second time down the track with the new setup guys, give him a chance. I do agree the traps are a little low, but for a full interior car/Stereo, stock tires, I think he did pretty well.
2nd time down the track and he is getting 1.7s he seems like a great driver to me dont blame it on him.
only trapping 122 with 575whp, thats embarrassing. something in the setup must have changed.
kevinh211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:33 PM   #22
benw
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 103320
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Oklahoma City
Vehicle:
2005 wingless
aspen white

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinh211 View Post
2nd time down the track and he is getting 1.7s he seems like a great driver to me dont blame it on him.
only trapping 122 with 575whp, thats embarrassing. something in the setup must have changed.
don't hate man. he could have nailed the launch a couple times and rowed the gears slowly. Also, it's hard to get the big turbos to drive out of a gear change well.
benw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:43 PM   #23
ChrisSK
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 117464
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New England
Vehicle:
->
2008 Hayabusa 1300R

Default

I understand what he is saying, and it's no biggie. Next time this car goes to the track, I am going with him. Drag radials, cage and my laptop.. I wanna see what this car is doing when it's going down the track.

My tuning revolves around road racing, so there may be an issue with the tune, I won't deny it.. I don't think it's anything crazy, it may be just a little too conservative for the C16 and meth. We'll figure it out and come back with a 10 second timeslip.

- Chris
ChrisSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:20 PM   #24
Jstyles21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 95454
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: CT
Vehicle:
2008 STI
www.CTSUBIE.com

Thumbs up

Time to add XX To the Hall Of Fame.

Great Numbers, Outstanding Setup, Great Tuner.

You are working with the Best.

Congrats,

Justin
CTSUBIE.com
Jstyles21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:55 PM   #25
Deranged
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 42999
Join Date: Sep 2003
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New Bedford, MA
Vehicle:
2004 sti
blue

Default

ya i agree, this thing should be running mid 10's easily.. I know if I spent all that money on a built motor/big turbo/etc.. and didn't get a 10 second slip, I'd be pretty pissed lol.
Deranged is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A new project for me into the Subaru world jdmlegend Member's Car Gallery 97 06-27-2009 09:50 AM
Ooooh, have you guys seen the new E40 for sale in the US? 24 Off-Topic 13 05-29-2008 06:00 PM
The Best Damn Band in the Land! Just for Full_Clip BacDoc Off-Topic 29 01-10-2007 05:05 PM
New hope for peace in the middle east! Asinine Off-Topic 6 11-04-2004 05:31 PM
New best for me and Stage 0 protouring72 Proven Power Bragging 6 07-01-2002 12:46 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.