Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:48 AM   #1
Loomin
Scooby Guru

Member#: 118113
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
98' Stagea 260RS
Autech Ver.

Default Oil pressure problems

the issue:

periodically, i need to top up the oil with half a litre of oil. (about every 2 weeks). the engine barely smokes but i do notice a little bit here and there. the other thing is HOW i notice the oil problem. while sitting at a light, my oil pressure gauge bounces between 0.5-3 kg/cm3. (metric sorry)
and when it dips to 0.5 the oil light comes on!! this is clearly a bad thing so i really have no idea whats going on. the light flashes on and off as the gauge goes up and down, but if i give it a blip of the gas and hit it to 3000rpm or so, everything returns to normal

currently running Royal Purple 10w30 w/ fram filter

heres what ive checked:

1)Not the headgasket- no oil in the coolant etc etc
2)oil level drops quite frequently, enough to need to be topped up bi-weekly
3)no visible leaks on the engine at all. (oil pan is in tact, seals seem fine to me, nice and dry)

with a level drop this drastic, you think there would be huge clouds of blue pouring out the exhaust.

Any ideas? could the oil pump be the issue?

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Loomin is offline   Reply With Quote