Mid Atlantic Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Annapolis Subaru
|10-06-2007, 07:10 PM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2003
FS NOVA: 2002 WRX $6,900(obo)
Car was for sale, taken off but yes it's now for sale again and it's official. So please buy it before I change my mind again. The last thing I really need is a project car, i certainly want to hang onto it and build the coolest bugeye ever but won't be able to get to that project for a while.
SINCE THE LAST TIME IT WAS FOR SALE, I'VE PUT ANOTHER 3K MILES ON IT, PAID FOR AN ALIGNMENT, HAD THE FRONT TIRES REPLACED WITH OTHER USED PIRELLI PZERO NERO'S TO EVEN OUT THE TREAD WEAR.
Going back and forth on this for a while, it's been decided to sell my suby. It pains me to do so, but i think it's what's best. Cliff notes below.
2002 (i've owned it since new)
i pride myself on being as honest as possible whenever selling anything so first we'll start with the bad...
1. Car makes an unusual glunk glunk that you can feel when doing u turns after about 20+ mins of driving. It doesn't do it when starting the car after long periods of rest, only after things warm up a good bit.
- I recently took it to andrewtech and Andrew said it might be 1 of 2 things (I don't remember what at the moment, something about a spider gear or something about the front/center differential) and that his best guess without taking things apart is that it would be about $1,800 to repair. That's not great news BUT, he ALSO said that the labor overlaps that of a PPG gear install. We then started talking of a hybrid build and for about 2 weeks I was convinced I would do it but have changed my mind for various reasons.
-- Otherwise the tranny seems to work perfect. No crunching or popping out of gears, and if you didn't make tight turns at all you would never know the problem was there. I drove it down to Va Beach and back about 2 months ago and I had no problems whatsoever.
2. A/C compressor doesn't click on. All fuses seem to be ok, thought the compressor crapped out so I have a very low mileage (5k miles) one in the trunk but I'm starting to think there's a short in the wiring somewhere but cannot be 100% sure.
3. Car was stage 4 at one point so I had run an FMIC so there's a gaping hole in the front bumper. But I have a cleaner cut WRB one that's in great shape and an uncut but not in great shape WRB as well both of which would be included with the car. I ONLY HAVE THE CLEANER CUT ONE. THE OTHER UNCUT ONE WAS SOLD!
4. Car has NEVER BEEN in a major accident, but I did manage to sort of side swipe a Bambi in baby form. Caused a small crack in the front bumper and dented the lower part of the passenger side doors. Was fixed but not very well. Far away you won't be able to tell but get up close and it's apparent.
5. Car could use a new paint job. The same body shop also resprayed the car with a silver that isn't PSM but close. They neglected to spray the roof and the aftermarket paint is not show condition or close to it. I also removed the paint from the sideskirts because they were painted with the same aftermarket paint but it chipped like crazy. THE HOOD, TRUNK and STi WING ARE STILL TRUE PSM!
6. Right front brake is kind of funky. Works fine when applied at any speed above 15mph, but below that it also makes a glunk glunk similar to what you would feel when your ABS is working and you hit a bump on an off ramp.
7. RF headlight needs to be resealed after koji mod.
8. Car needs to have the steering wheels straightened out.(FIXED!!!)
9. Car seemed to be overheating but I burped the whole system and it hasn't overheated since. about 1 out of every 3 or 4 times i drive it, out of a 20 min drive the temp will want to climb but once or twice. i suspect a hose from advanced auto but am still checking it out. thanks.
1. It's never been in a MAJOR accident so the chassis is straight.
2. 70% of the miles are all highway trips to Va Beach from NoVa.
3. Comes with following aftermarket parts
- Cusco 22mm RSB
- 17" ASA wheels (sunflower kind) with 225/45/17 Pirelli Pzero Neros (I also have another set of the same tires I acquired from Tgui that will come with the car)
- Still has an ERZ uppipe
- Has an STi wing
- STi TBE
-Impreza PSM Foglight covers that are also true PSM.
4. Still runs darn smooth
5. Clutch was replaced at about 87k with an OEM one.
6. Coolant was flushed at the same time the clutch was replaced.
7. Changed the rear diff oil about a month ago with mobil 1 75w-90 synthetic.
8. Oil changed every 3k with Mobil 1 synthetic
9. Never autocrossed. Closest thing was 3 passes at capitol raceway about 3 years ago.
Car would make an excellent track car/STi drivetrain swap/hybrid with PPG gear build and some custom paint. I don't want to ebay it as I'd like it to go to a fellow subie owner but we'll see what happens.
I'm sure I forget some things but e-mail me with questions or offers. Thanks for looking! email@example.com
TURBO XS SHORTY INTAKE NOT INCLUDED BECAUSE IT BELONGS TO A FRIEND
Cliff Notes: Subie for sale that needs tranny/body and paint/RF brake/AC work. AC Compressor with 5k miles included. Never been in a major accident,
mostly highway mileage.
Thanks for looking. E-mail or PM me with questions. Thanks.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Last edited by sooshimon; 01-12-2008 at 01:39 PM.
|10-07-2007, 01:46 AM||#3|
Join Date: Apr 2003
last bump and an update until come back from columbus day fishing trip on monday night.
update: I drove the car to a friends house tonight and on the way home noticing that the temp gauge was rising slightly again when at a stand still and when parked, you can slightly smell antifreeze which I suspect and most likely is a small leak somewhere. I'm suspecting it's the hose I used to replace the hose that feeds antifreeze into the turbo. OEM one ripped and I replaced it with a hose supplied from advanced auto.
As mentioned earlier, car would make a great project car or for some of you guys with sti's, newer wrx's or just a bit more $$$ this would make a good beater/track car to save your daily driven cars from the NoVa abuse or track abuse.
If I had a garage to work on it and was more settled down I would definitely keep it. But the next few years are a bit uncertain as I shoot for b-school and think of marriage. I don't know where I'll end up and the last thing I need is a project car lying around at a friends house.
It's been a good car to me and I hate to part with it but I think parting with the suby is a wiser decision in helping to achieve bigger goals in life.
any questions, please e-mail me. I've already received one offer within a couple hours of posting but am waiting it out a bit. Feel free to make any reasonable offer. I'll be gone until monday night. Thanks.
|10-08-2007, 01:42 PM||#6|
Join Date: Apr 2003
hehe, well remember the price is OBO. I've received a couple of offers from MD and Ohio, the Ohio one I almost took but am waiting to see if anyone will beat it.
I neglected to list that it has the following factory upgrades
-CF dash kit
-Factory sub and upgraded speakers
-factory short shifter
Feel free to make any offer or e-mail me to schedule a time to at least see the car and then make your offer. Car is located in Fairfax near the intersection of Guinea and Braddock road. I'll be home most of the day today but will be gone around 4 or 5 ish.
Thanks, have a nice columbus day.
|01-13-2008, 11:46 PM||#15|
Member Sales Rating: (17)
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Skyline Drive, VirginiaVehicle:
2005 saabaru waagon
"when boost happens"
very interesting, thats where i grew up (alexandria) um. maybe i can take a look at it when i come to VA in a few weeks.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Fs Va: 2002 Wrx $6,900 Obo||sooshimon||Private Vehicle 'For Sale' Classifieds||15||10-15-2007 01:55 AM|
|CA: FS salvage 2002 wrx||vvafivv||Private Vehicle 'For Sale' Classifieds||4||11-13-2006 07:42 PM|
|FS items 2002 Wrx||tmr1||Canada Region Private Classifieds||3||03-13-2006 10:46 PM|
|FS items 2002 Wrx||tmr1||Canada Region Forum||2||01-23-2006 01:25 PM|
|SoCal: FS Wrecked 2002 WRX||waveskidude||Private Vehicle 'For Sale' Classifieds||12||11-05-2005 09:48 PM|