Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday July 13, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2007, 09:57 PM   #1
4ST-AIR
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 148681
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: WI
Vehicle:
TBD Looking for STI
Back in the Game!

Default 07 STi, VF43 Jorge P&L Motorsports Tuned

I'll skip the how I was like a kid in candy store speech and get right down to it.
07 STi with a VF43 on 93 OCT
21.5psi tapering to 16psi

Baseline was the AP V2 COBB Stage 2 93oct map 271WHP & 301WTQ but the AFR dropped below the ability to read since the system was setup to read no lower than 10:1

Final is 304WHP & 335WTQ 11:1 AFR

I also want to point out that I went from 50 miles per 1/4 tank to 80 miles. The money I will save in gas is going to pay for awesome tune that Jorge and P&L Motorsports is going towards the GT30R P&L special setup next summer. Thank you Jorge, Paul and the entire team at P&L Motorsports!

Supporting Mods
COBB AP V2
SPT Short Ram Intake
SPT Axle back Exhaust
COBB Lightened Pulley
COBB 3" Catted DP with Swaintech .15 Ceramic Coating


Dan
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by 4ST-AIR; 10-13-2007 at 12:28 AM.
4ST-AIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:40 PM   #2
Yoo Shin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 87327
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Texas but TDY in North Alabama
Vehicle:
2010 12 parsec Evo X
I still kill threads

Default

Nice tune. Extra MPG is almost worht on it's own.
Yoo Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:59 PM   #3
dak125
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 100605
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Default

Looks great! I'll be there Monday for a tune, can't wait!
dak125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:39 PM   #4
rexman2002
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 140244
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
02 bugeye
"stare ale jare"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ST-AIR View Post

Baseline was the AP V2 COBB Stage 2 93oct map 271WHP & 301WTQ

Final is 304WHP & 335WTQ 11:1 AFR
Nice gain over ots map.

I wish I could get that much gain from my 02 WRX, once I go for a tune...
rexman2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:39 PM   #5
rexman2002
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 140244
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
02 bugeye
"stare ale jare"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak125 View Post
Looks great! I'll be there Monday for a tune, can't wait!
what time?

I'm scheduled for 4pm...
rexman2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:52 PM   #6
dak125
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 100605
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexman2002 View Post
what time?

I'm scheduled for 4pm...
1:00, I'm psyched.
dak125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:53 PM   #7
Richscd2
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 149519
Join Date: May 2007
Default

nice. god it cant wait to get tuned
Richscd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:16 AM   #8
4ST-AIR
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 148681
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: WI
Vehicle:
TBD Looking for STI
Back in the Game!

Default

Thanks. After talking with Jorge and Paul I have decided to go with the P&L custom GT30R setup. You can see one on the the motor they have in the office. I asked if they can make it so that the EWG blows back into the DP and they said you bet. So my upgrades have changed from FP Red & FMIC to a GT30R and Spearco big TMIC. Now that I have it tuned I will be running it Oct. 19 at Great Lakes Dragway see how it traps in the 1/4.

Dan
4ST-AIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:26 PM   #9
4ST-AIR
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 148681
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: WI
Vehicle:
TBD Looking for STI
Back in the Game!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richscd2 View Post
nice. god it cant wait to get tuned
I tell you what Richscd2 it was by far the best thing I've had done to the car yet. And when you go in for your tune you have the full attention of the entire team. It was by far, not just in the car industry but any I have come across, some of the best customer service I have ever had. I suggest that you go in with a list of questions you want to know. Jorge & Paul and team helped me make an upgrade decision that I have not been able to decide on for 5 months now. I just can't say enough about the service.

Dan
4ST-AIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:48 PM   #10
Foo_Blyat
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 93750
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ST-AIR View Post
Thanks. After talking with Jorge and Paul I have decided to go with the P&L custom GT30R setup. You can see one on the the motor they have in the office. I asked if they can make it so that the EWG blows back into the DP and they said you bet. So my upgrades have changed from FP Red & FMIC to a GT30R and Spearco big TMIC. Now that I have it tuned I will be running it Oct. 19 at Great Lakes Dragway see how it traps in the 1/4.

Dan
Stick with the Red and FMIC...

save you a ton of money and actually get you the results you want.
Foo_Blyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 06:24 PM   #11
RiftsWRX
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 6124
Join Date: Apr 2001
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Glendale Hts, IL, USA
Vehicle:
2000 NFR AP1 S2000
'07 Honda FIT sport (5MT)

Default

Big compressor, tiny exhaust housing...

... and you're worried about EGT's now?

Been there, done that on the red. It makes power, at a tremendous amount of boost vs a 30R. It makes more power then a 30R, with a lot more boost then the 30R.

= More stress for the same power, even more stress to exceed that power level.

Personally, I'll pay more for a better flowing solution.... and that's not even our 30R, but any true T3 style, 4" inlet turbo.

P.S. Glad you're happy with the car Dan. Was a pleasure!


Jorge (RiftsWRX)
www.ProjectWRX.com
RiftsWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:12 PM   #12
Foo_Blyat
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 93750
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiftsWRX View Post
Big compressor, tiny exhaust housing...

... and you're worried about EGT's now?

Been there, done that on the red. It makes power, at a tremendous amount of boost vs a 30R. It makes more power then a 30R, with a lot more boost then the 30R.

= More stress for the same power, even more stress to exceed that power level.

Personally, I'll pay more for a better flowing solution.... and that's not even our 30R, but any true T3 style, 4" inlet turbo.

P.S. Glad you're happy with the car Dan. Was a pleasure!


Jorge (RiftsWRX)
www.ProjectWRX.com

Yea, true...

Guess the red is just a lot less custom fab needed.
Foo_Blyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:32 PM   #13
Irishman
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 29933
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Vehicle:
2004 STI
Silver/Silver

Default

I am saving for that kit to I only need the turbo and exhaust and its mine. Might have to by that whole exhaust you are fabing up. That has one of the nicest looking bends on an exhaust.

Oh and mad props for the customer service at P&L. Been there 4 times and never been disappointed.
Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 03:07 AM   #14
Super Nintendo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73721
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wheaton, IL
Vehicle:
2007 STI
PTE 6266

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo_Blyat View Post
Yea, true...

Guess the red is just a lot less custom fab needed.

Since when was a tried and true exhaust/intake pipe set up (rotated kits) "custom fab" ?


---------------

I'm glad you like the tune Dan, I wish I could have seen you get the rear end loose on the test drive! ( )

-Ty
Super Nintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:45 AM   #15
4ST-AIR
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 148681
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: WI
Vehicle:
TBD Looking for STI
Back in the Game!

Default

Thanks guys you just made a lifetime partner out of me! I have actually created an account for the GT30 P&L setup so when I get to where I need to be I will be calling you up for an appointment Ty One of the great selling points is that P&L has no problem fabbing the EWG to blow back into the DP for me which is a huge selling point for me (at a cost of course but a very low cost). Massive power is always great and you never get enough if your like most but this car is my DD and more than likely will remain that way for a long time. And when I decide its not my DD anymore P&L will be the ones I call to help build it. I ran out in the country yesterday on the twisties with my buddy who has an EVO (now that you tune EVO's I'm talking him out of AMS and going to P&L) he is putting 331WHP down and I couldn't touch him in 1-4 but when we hit 5th I swallowed him up like he was standing still. I do want to say that after my tune 6th gear now actually has life to it and I mean its got so great pickup Thanks Jorge!

Dan
4ST-AIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:59 AM   #16
4ST-AIR
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 148681
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: WI
Vehicle:
TBD Looking for STI
Back in the Game!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo_Blyat View Post
Yea, true...

Guess the red is just a lot less custom fab needed.
Foo_Blyat that was my exact thoughts as well how can I go non rotated and stay IWG and get the power I wanted, this was not a $price$ issue either but if it was? Well I can retain the TMIC and the Spearco is $500 less than the DR725 I was going to put in. P&L will fab the EWG to blow back into the DP. My only real loss is the $800 I dropped into the COBB 3" SS Catted DP that I ceramic race coated (awesome product and great work by Swaintech) and the SPT intake might be a fit issue with the big rotated setup.

On the plus side I would be fully setup to go with a GT35R upgrade as a bolt on, the top mount might have to go at that point but thats a long time off.

Dan
4ST-AIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 12:02 PM   #17
Foo_Blyat
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 93750
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Nintendo View Post
Since when was a tried and true exhaust/intake pipe set up (rotated kits) "custom fab" ?


---------------

I'm glad you like the tune Dan, I wish I could have seen you get the rear end loose on the test drive! ( )

-Ty
Tried and true? What, 5 or so systems out there running that setup is tried and true? And tried and true is now considered barelly getting into 11s with 30rs and 35rs and one 35r barely making it into the 12s? No need to get ahead of yourself ty.

And what I mean't by less custom fab was any comercial mass produced downpipe, uppipe, 2" inlet, intake put on the market right now will bolt up to the red. Not only a P&L "tried and true" downpipe, uppipe, and intake which there could possibly be 4 laying around in the back? and where theres 400,000 turboxs or helix or invidias around the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ST-AIR View Post
Foo_Blyat that was my exact thoughts as well how can I go non rotated and stay IWG and get the power I wanted, this was not a $price$ issue either but if it was? Well I can retain the TMIC and the Spearco is $500 less than the DR725 I was going to put in. P&L will fab the EWG to blow back into the DP. My only real loss is the $800 I dropped into the COBB 3" SS Catted DP that I ceramic race coated (awesome product and great work by Swaintech) and the SPT intake might be a fit issue with the big rotated setup.

On the plus side I would be fully setup to go with a GT35R upgrade as a bolt on, the top mount might have to go at that point but thats a long time off.

Dan
Yea, if the downpipe wasn't coated you could still have went red, ewg, and just had the good guys at P&L plumb it right back into the cobb downpipe. a lot of people have went EWG dump to atmo and releized they couldn't stand how loud it was for daily driving and went back to have a recirc pipe cut and welding into their exsisting downpipe. Im just not sure if anyone can do it with a swaintech coating on it.

Im also extremely against topmounts, esp when going past 350hp. I was at the track this weekend and after my first run I made, my topmount was so hot I could fry an egg on it within a matter of 2 mins. This was most likely because of 20psi, stock heatshields, stock downpipe, stock everything and running out of water in my i/c sprayer, but all those issues would have not mattered with a FMIC. To sacrifice maybe 500rpm spool time would deff be worth it to go FMIC.

Even tho the spearco works fine, the whole idea of topmount with 30r just has most people left scratching their heads.

But maybe your not wanting to push your car as much? You did mention something about a 35r, what are your goals? hp wise, 1/4 wise, or road race wise?

My highschool football couch always preached K.I.S.S, keep it simple stupid. No need to complicate things. If stock location turbo gets your needs done, no need to go rotated. why spend ~800 on a spearco, when you already have plans for a 35r and frontmount down the road. So you can sell the spearco, take a loss anywhere from 100-300 dollars, and then fork out another 800-1100 or whatnot on a new frontmount that you could have gotten in the first place?

If im stumbling onto something that might be your goals, why not just get the p&l 1000cc injectors; go aps, perrin, or maybe a custom p&L bigmaf + perrin or samco or aps inlet; p&L tgv deletes; Red 3inch EWG, and a UR uppipe, plus any downpipe of your choice, i personally would pick up a turboxs 4incher.

I wouldn't use the p&L ewg tho (not talking about their custom t3 flanged one) because they use a turboxs uppipe and the ID on those things is horrid, smaller then stock almost.

Last edited by Foo_Blyat; 10-14-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Foo_Blyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 12:37 PM   #18
Foo_Blyat
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 93750
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Default

Heck, once you post your goals, i bet you can maybe even squeeze by with a 3" green, ewg.
Foo_Blyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:12 PM   #19
RiftsWRX
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 6124
Join Date: Apr 2001
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Glendale Hts, IL, USA
Vehicle:
2000 NFR AP1 S2000
'07 Honda FIT sport (5MT)

Default

Pavel.... "Tried and true." The rest of the world has used rotated mounts for a decade before the car ever hit these shores.

Put the haterade away man. It's really getting old.

Jorge (RiftsWRX)
www.ProjectWRX.com
RiftsWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:28 PM   #20
Foo_Blyat
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 93750
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiftsWRX View Post
Pavel.... "Tried and true." The rest of the world has used rotated mounts for a decade before the car ever hit these shores.

Put the haterade away man. It's really getting old.

Jorge (RiftsWRX)
www.ProjectWRX.com
You mis understood. I wasn't talking about rotated kits in general. Theres plenty of mass produced rotated kits. What i meant by custom fab'd was simply talking about patrick or whoever in back welding these puppies up one by one.
Foo_Blyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 02:10 PM   #21
RiftsWRX
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 6124
Join Date: Apr 2001
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Glendale Hts, IL, USA
Vehicle:
2000 NFR AP1 S2000
'07 Honda FIT sport (5MT)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo_Blyat View Post
You mis understood. I wasn't talking about rotated kits in general. Theres plenty of mass produced rotated kits. What i meant by custom fab'd was simply talking about patrick or whoever in back welding these puppies up one by one.
Touche! And you of all people (even in your short tenure here) can appreciate how well "mass produced" fit 9 times out of 10.

Our stuff is jigged just like anyone else. The only difference is that we're taking the time to confirm quality control.

If that costs a bit more, so be it.

Oh, BTW

http://www.stlsubaru.com/forums/view...att+jorge#wrap <-- Scroll down to the 6th post.

A: it gives you an idea of what that sz49 can do when pushed (which is something you're curious about... even though it's not a green, but close to it). But, most importantly, B: it shows that I don't think there's any issue with the EWG up-pipe we sell.

Cheers!

Jorge (RiftsWRX)
www.ProjectWRX.com
RiftsWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 03:08 PM   #22
4ST-AIR
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 148681
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: WI
Vehicle:
TBD Looking for STI
Back in the Game!

Default

Foo money is not an issue if I decide later on to go bigger so be it. I just think that the GT30R setup is exactly what I want for my DD upgrade, for now. I like the power to come on at low RPM and hard. I was looking at the IWG GT3040 a while ago but the P&L GT30R setup seems to be the right way for me. For now my goal is 400-420 at the wheels and if that means going rotated to lessen the stress on the engine overall I will gladly pay a little extra to add a little extra life for the engine.

What kind of setup are you running on your 07? I notice you have HP & TQ not WHP or WTQ posted.

Dan
4ST-AIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 03:13 PM   #23
Foo_Blyat
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 93750
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiftsWRX View Post
Touche! And you of all people (even in your short tenure here) can appreciate how well "mass produced" fit 9 times out of 10.

Our stuff is jigged just like anyone else. The only difference is that we're taking the time to confirm quality control.

If that costs a bit more, so be it.

Oh, BTW

http://www.stlsubaru.com/forums/view...att+jorge#wrap <-- Scroll down to the 6th post.

A: it gives you an idea of what that sz49 can do when pushed (which is something you're curious about... even though it's not a green, but close to it). But, most importantly, B: it shows that I don't think there's any issue with the EWG up-pipe we sell.

Cheers!

Jorge (RiftsWRX)
www.ProjectWRX.com
That's very impressive. I do agree with your whole confirming quality control statement but my invidia downpipe, and cobb downpipe, and helix downpipe all always fit the same, wether they were $200 or $500 for the cobb.

That sz49 was a perfect example of what im trying to tell the OP. He might be able to reach his goals or exceed them on a much smaller budget. but, the TurboXS uppipe still is crap, measure the ID and compare it to a cobb or your own ewg uppipe.
Foo_Blyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 03:15 PM   #24
Foo_Blyat
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 93750
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ST-AIR View Post
Foo money is not an issue if I decide later on to go bigger so be it. I just think that the GT30R setup is exactly what I want for my DD upgrade, for now. I like the power to come on at low RPM and hard. I was looking at the IWG GT3040 a while ago but the P&L GT30R setup seems to be the right way for me. For now my goal is 400-420 at the wheels and if that means going rotated to lessen the stress on the engine overall I will gladly pay a little extra to add a little extra life for the engine.

What kind of setup are you running on your 07? I notice you have HP & TQ not WHP or WTQ posted.

Dan
K, if money is not an issue. Go right ahead.

im completely stock for right now, and it is whp and wtq on the same dyno and tuner as you.
Foo_Blyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 04:38 PM   #25
4ST-AIR
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 148681
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: WI
Vehicle:
TBD Looking for STI
Back in the Game!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo_Blyat View Post
K, if money is not an issue. Go right ahead.

im completely stock for right now, and it is whp and wtq on the same dyno and tuner as you.
Thats pretty good then for total stock.
4ST-AIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
07 WRX VF43 GMS EWG Utec tuned sidewayz Proven Power Bragging 11 04-09-2009 10:24 AM
P&L Motorsports Tuned by Jorge psychobooe AccessPort 5 07-25-2008 10:12 PM
P&L Motorsports Tuned 18g Wagon dr doom Proven Power Bragging 14 04-04-2008 06:41 PM
P&L Motorsports Tuning Services! P&L Motorsports Inc. Services 0 11-07-2007 12:57 PM
P&L Motorsports Tuning services! P&L Motorsports Inc. Services 1 10-21-2005 01:07 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.