Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday August 28, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > Commercial ECU Reflashes

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
IETVTS2
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 186775
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2000 MY 00 RS
BRP

Default 2007 STI Stock Tune Bad or Good???

I have heard that the stock tune for a '07 STI is not correct from factory and can cause problems, serious problems; is this true???

I have issues with mine that has only 12K on it and have since about 8K or earlier.

Problems like detonation "expierenced power drops and flat spots around 3K & 4K in the rev when laying into it" - not beating on it.

I know the solution is to get a aftermarket tune but what I want is to hear it from Subaru of America that there is or is not a problem and if so CORRECT IT or if not then fix my car.

If this cannot be done I want written authorization from Subaru of America to have my car tuned professionally within reason so they can't say anyting about the aftermarket work and honor the warranty.

If none of this is possible how about a recall?

Am I out of line here, or wrong or what!!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
IETVTS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:18 AM   #2
bren wrx
Scooby Guru

Member#: 59454
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
'10 E92 M3 M-DCT
brentuning.com/blog

your SOL unfortunately

the tune and pistons in that year car were horrible

get a compression test and leakdown done, then look into a custom tune. SoA doesnt care unfortunately.
bren wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:52 PM   #3
IETVTS2
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 186775
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2000 MY 00 RS
BRP

That's exactly what I am finding out especially after speaking to Warranty CSR yesterday and she says " according to who, you " refering to my explaination and my thoughts as to why this is going on.

Oh and on top of this my 07 is a Ltd Ed - piss me off...

Nice Customer Service SOA!!!@#%#@#^#%$&#&$%&($&(%_Thanks for nothing.
IETVTS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:56 PM   #4
nickysigz06sti
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 354054

My 06 does the same type of this any solution?
nickysigz06sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:00 AM   #5
Raven999
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 381768

Engine rebuild with high quality forged parts and a new tune. After mine gets out of the shop, as I also own an 07. Aftermarket warranty unfortunately, but its something at least, Im hoping my engine replacement is covered. I say off of recommendation from a few people, one of which has a stage 3 newer STi rolling around the military base I work on. But yeah, a full engine rebuild as in replacing the connecting rods, piston heads, rod bearings, maybe even the entire shortblock with a high performance aftermarket one, whether its now or in the long run. I learned the hard way too, so, dont feel alone in this. I noticed the lag/powerkill around 3 to 4k rpms too by the way. Kind of sad really.
Raven999 is offline   Reply With Quote