Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday August 30, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #2551
thegonz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 180208
Join Date: May 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: new york
Vehicle:
2008 DGM 2.5i sedan
96 leggy wagon ls

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU View Post
The main bar to get is the rear. Any '08+ rear bar will fit and it is a piece of cake to install.

However the front bar is different. WRX bars won't work, they hit our exhaust.

Rallitek was the ONLY company that made front sways for our cars!


i have wrx 22mm sway bar on my car just had to drop my exaust down a little bit

http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php/topic,7687.0.html

i did a small write up and add pictures on the 2nd page
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
thegonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:23 AM   #2552
nobletea
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 169623
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: MidAtlantic
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i 5d 100k+
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Coop View Post
Tmangt, thanks for the feedback. I'm likely just going to pick up one of those bazooka things cause theyre like $130 for a 10" from Best Buy and I have a gift card from last christmas haha. I'm not sure about changing the HU cause of losing the music and bluetooth buttons on my wheel. Theyre so fuggin convenient!
You can buy a SWC or steering wheel control adapter that will convert most major brands and types to fit the subaru controls on your wheel. it's possible, depending on the exact brand and model you choose (of stereo) you could lose partial functionality or particular features. But most people are very happy.

Search the electronics /audio forum.
nobletea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:50 AM   #2553
sevenones12
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 291985
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Buffalo, NY
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobletea View Post
You can buy a SWC or steering wheel control adapter that will convert most major brands and types to fit the subaru controls on your wheel. it's possible, depending on the exact brand and model you choose (of stereo) you could lose partial functionality or particular features. But most people are very happy.

Search the electronics /audio forum.
This, PLUS wiring a sub into the stock HU doesn't give you the subwoofer specific output the aftermarket gives you. First downfall is you don't get the subwoofer level control you would on the aftermarket to tune it, it's just muddled in to the normal bass. And you have to splice the rear speakers wires to hook up the subwoofer, and buy a hi-lo line converter (don't kill me if that's not the right name. I forgot) to block out all high signals so it doesn't kill your subs, then run that into an amp. It's more of a headache in my opinion, and the aftermarket HU makes the crappy stock system sound soooo much better. Subarus are known for their ****ty sound systems.
sevenones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:07 PM   #2554
JourdanWithaU
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146287
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: NOR-CAL (South Bay Area)
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i 5D
Sunlight Gold Opal

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegonz View Post
i have wrx 22mm sway bar on my car just had to drop my exaust down a little bit

http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php/topic,7687.0.html

i did a small write up and add pictures on the 2nd page
No offense, but I can't say that I am down with that...

Your pics are helpful though. Maybe I can get a custom cat pipe made that routes lower than stock.
JourdanWithaU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:21 AM   #2555
Tmangt650
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 277258
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area, CA
Vehicle:
2008 Hatch 2.5i
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobletea View Post
You can buy a SWC or steering wheel control adapter that will convert most major brands and types to fit the subaru controls on your wheel. it's possible, depending on the exact brand and model you choose (of stereo) you could lose partial functionality or particular features. But most people are very happy.

Search the electronics /audio forum.
This is definately true, I just have the basic version on my 08 2.5 so I dont have any bluetooth or anything but they do make good aftermarket HU's that I've read will work with our cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenones12 View Post
This, PLUS wiring a sub into the stock HU doesn't give you the subwoofer specific output the aftermarket gives you. First downfall is you don't get the subwoofer level control you would on the aftermarket to tune it, it's just muddled in to the normal bass. And you have to splice the rear speakers wires to hook up the subwoofer, and buy a hi-lo line converter (don't kill me if that's not the right name. I forgot) to block out all high signals so it doesn't kill your subs, then run that into an amp. It's more of a headache in my opinion, and the aftermarket HU makes the crappy stock system sound soooo much better. Subarus are known for their ****ty sound systems.
As far as the sound goes, I went from an old POS with an excellent sound system to a stock new car with a sound system that was not up to par so to speak. Needless to say, I could only take it for a week to get the HU and subs put into the car.

But as far as money goes, you have to look at the correct wires, and connecters, to what you are going to ground the stereo to, and then worry about the lights dimming. Everytime my subs hit, the lights dim, and that is even with the capacitor hooked up.
Go for a TRUE 0 gauge amp wire set I got one on Ebay for like 150 with a fuse box and everything.

Good luck and let us know how it goes..
Tmangt650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:34 AM   #2556
airkareem
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 293700
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Default

So no one knows where we can buy a sway bar?
airkareem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #2557
Digital Dillon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288727
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Sturbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX premium
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airkareem
So no one knows where we can buy a sway bar?
The rallitek front sway made for the 2.5i and any rear sway designed for the 08-10 WRX will bolt on.
Digital Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #2558
ccalsubi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 264596
Join Date: Nov 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Big Sur/Moraga, CA
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
obp

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airkareem View Post
So no one knows where we can buy a sway bar?
there's a perrin rear sway bar kit
ccalsubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:52 PM   #2559
Ogden
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 1748
Join Date: Jun 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Vehicle:
'09 Outback Sport
OBP over DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airkareem View Post
So no one knows where we can buy a sway bar?
Front or rear bar?

Rear, any WRX bar will fit. Front is going to be tricky if Rallitek has stopped selling them.
Ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #2560
JB Subie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 284919
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Cerritos, CA
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegonz View Post
im running megan street coilovers i like em stiff but not unbearable stiff
how long have u had them? how much did you pay? gotta pic of how your ride sits?
JB Subie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:23 PM   #2561
Digital Dillon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288727
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Sturbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX premium
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Lot of guys on here are running BC coilivers and love them. That's what I'm saving for. The Megan's seem good for the price. I think they are 899 shipped.
Digital Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:41 PM   #2562
thegonz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 180208
Join Date: May 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: new york
Vehicle:
2008 DGM 2.5i sedan
96 leggy wagon ls

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU View Post
No offense, but I can't say that I am down with that...

Your pics are helpful though. Maybe I can get a custom cat pipe made that routes lower than stock.
haha whatever works what i did was easy and worked and didnt cost me a dime to do
thegonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:36 AM   #2563
subi2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 236778
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Rhinebeck,NY
Vehicle:
08 Impreza
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Dillon
Lot of guys on here are running BC coilivers and love them. That's what I'm saving for. The Megan's seem good for the price. I think they are 899 shipped.
+1 for bc coils I had them in my 07i and they were great, I can't wait to get a set for my '11.
subi2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:36 AM   #2564
airkareem
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 293700
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Default

Can someone post links for sway bars that will fit 2011 impreza.
airkareem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:31 PM   #2565
JourdanWithaU
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146287
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: NOR-CAL (South Bay Area)
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i 5D
Sunlight Gold Opal

Default

^There aren't any... RalliTek made the only one. Everything else is going to hit the cat pipe.
JourdanWithaU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #2566
JourdanWithaU
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146287
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: NOR-CAL (South Bay Area)
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i 5D
Sunlight Gold Opal

Default

JourdanWithaU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #2567
JourdanWithaU
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146287
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: NOR-CAL (South Bay Area)
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i 5D
Sunlight Gold Opal

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Dillon View Post
Lot of guys on here are running BC coilivers and love them. That's what I'm saving for. The Megan's seem good for the price. I think they are 899 shipped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by subi2.5i View Post
+1 for bc coils I had them in my 07i and they were great, I can't wait to get a set for my '11.
I think I may be the only person who isn't completely satisfied with BC Coils.
JourdanWithaU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:17 PM   #2568
Digital Dillon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288727
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Sturbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX premium
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU

I think I may be the only person who isn't completely satisfied with BC Coils.
What do you not like about them and think needs improvement?
Digital Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #2569
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Finally installed some Kartboy front and rear shifter bushings.. Much better feel.
fancyfootwork15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:08 PM   #2570
JourdanWithaU
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146287
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: NOR-CAL (South Bay Area)
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i 5D
Sunlight Gold Opal

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Dillon View Post
What do you not like about them and think needs improvement?
The dampening isn't that great. 8k springs are too stiff (I know lower spring rates can be chosen). The overall ride is bouncy as hell. They also don't go as low as I would like.

If I were to get another set of BCs I would get the extreme low version with 5k, maybe 6k, springs. Maybe, then I would be content.

They aren't unbearable, but it is obvious that there can be improvement.
JourdanWithaU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:39 PM   #2571
airkareem
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 293700
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU View Post
^There aren't any... RalliTek made the only one. Everything else is going to hit the cat pipe.

Well that is a real bummer....
airkareem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:18 AM   #2572
subi2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 236778
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Rhinebeck,NY
Vehicle:
08 Impreza
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU

The dampening isn't that great. 8k springs are too stiff (I know lower spring rates can be chosen). The overall ride is bouncy as hell. They also don't go as low as I would like.

If I were to get another set of BCs I would get the extreme low version with 5k, maybe 6k, springs. Maybe, then I would be content.

They aren't unbearable, but it is obvious that there can be improvement.
Thats wierd man and not to say your wrong in any way but I can't say I had any bouncing at all even on the softest settings and the stiffness was not bad at all even on ny roads which are horrible btw. What car did you have them on?
subi2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:32 AM   #2573
JourdanWithaU
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146287
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: NOR-CAL (South Bay Area)
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i 5D
Sunlight Gold Opal

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi2.5i View Post
Thats wierd man and not to say your wrong in any way but I can't say I had any bouncing at all even on the softest settings and the stiffness was not bad at all even on ny roads which are horrible btw. What car did you have them on?
They are still on my '09 2.5i and they are up for sale locally.

I'm not saying they are terrible. I would have taken then off if I thought so. It's just that when I am commuting to work in the middle of the night with nothing to concentrate on other than the bouncy ride, it gets really ****ing annoying.

I suppose some of the bounce can be attributed to the large sidewall on my tires (I have 16" wheels), but it shouldn't be this bad.
JourdanWithaU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #2574
Fendyman
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21542
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: San Francisco, CA
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza 2.5i
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15
Finally installed some Kartboy front and rear shifter bushings.. Much better feel.
I just did the same thing yesterday. Now I can drive like fast & furious... ok maybe not the fast part. :-p
Fendyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:17 PM   #2575
JB Subie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 284919
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Cerritos, CA
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU View Post
They are still on my '09 2.5i and they are up for sale locally.

I'm not saying they are terrible. I would have taken then off if I thought so. It's just that when I am commuting to work in the middle of the night with nothing to concentrate on other than the bouncy ride, it gets really ****ing annoying.

I suppose some of the bounce can be attributed to the large sidewall on my tires (I have 16" wheels), but it shouldn't be this bad.
how much u sellin them for? im near LAX
JB Subie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
08 2.5i and 08 Sti Suspension WRXbrother Brakes, Steering & Suspension 7 03-24-2012 02:14 PM
Will an 08 WRX intake fit an 08 2.5i? Racing101 Normally Aspirated Powertrain 26 01-19-2012 11:57 AM
08 STI Wing on 08 2.5i impreza juny102004 Interior & Exterior Modification 13 01-18-2012 09:46 AM
Will 08+ WRX gauges swap into 08+ 2.5i? Simeon Priest Interior & Exterior Modification 10 03-26-2010 02:17 PM
08 2.5i mod question deunique1 Impreza Forum 1 10-03-2007 02:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2015, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.