Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 16, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #6626
Silver08Waggs
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 283606
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Red Bank,NJ
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
Silver

Default

so i painted my winter wheels and they came out great



then went to grab some lunch with a job well done and this happened

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Silver08Waggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #6627
KevinKe
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 283593
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Southeast New Hampshire
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
Red

Default

I think the color looks great!

I kind of want to get some decent rims to paint a bright yellow (really like the look of bright yellow with red/black), alot like the orange you have.

Too bad about the car! Did someone hit you?
KevinKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #6628
Silver08Waggs
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 283606
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Red Bank,NJ
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
Silver

Default

Some Lady ran a stop sign across from me then a bus hit her causing her to spIn into me... I was fine you can see now the car is I wanna talk to the body shop about maybe getting a different bumper and hood lol
Silver08Waggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #6629
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quick iPhone pic, balanced and ready to go.

fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #6630
Slow Scoobie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 320464
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Monmouth, NJ
Vehicle:
09 2.S"low"
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navysesal View Post
Hey how many cranks does it usually take for your cars to turn over? Takes me like 5, is that normal?

Cause I always hear other cars crank twice and it starts
Yea for me its either 1 or 2 cranks depends on the temperature.

@Fancyfootwork15 nice wheels size?

@Silver08Waggs Oh $h1t man that sucks ass! I hate people who are oblivious on the road i mean seriously how do you not see a BUS coming? Just realized im like 15 miles from you. NJ honestly has some of the worst drivers ever especially on the turnpike and parkway.

Last edited by Slow Scoobie; 09-26-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Slow Scoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #6631
KevinKe
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 283593
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Southeast New Hampshire
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver08Waggs View Post
Some Lady ran a stop sign across from me then a bus hit her causing her to spIn into me... I was fine you can see now the car is I wanna talk to the body shop about maybe getting a different bumper and hood lol
That sucks! At least the damage is all cosmetic - at least appears so.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but it serves that lady right for running the stop sign
KevinKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #6632
theoutbackdream
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 301179
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Mountain View, California
Vehicle:
2009 Outback Sport
Sage Green Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navysesal View Post
Hey how many cranks does it usually take for your cars to turn over? Takes me like 5, is that normal?

Cause I always hear other cars crank twice and it starts
Sounds like a dying battery...


Takes me 1-2 times depending on time of day/if car was already driven.
theoutbackdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #6633
premier00000
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 251060
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Schenectady, NY
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza Outback
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoutbackdream

Sounds like a dying battery...

Takes me 1-2 times depending on time of day/if car was already driven.
This.
premier00000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #6634
Navysesal
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 305008
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2008 outback sport
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

I see I was hoping it was normal, looks like more money to spend
Navysesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #6635
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Scoobie
@Fancyfootwork15 nice wheels size?
17x7.5
fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #6636
Slow Scoobie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 320464
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Monmouth, NJ
Vehicle:
09 2.S"low"
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15

17x7.5
Tires 225/45/17?
Slow Scoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #6637
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Scoobie

Tires 225/45/17?
215's, they have winters on.
fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #6638
Slow Scoobie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 320464
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Monmouth, NJ
Vehicle:
09 2.S"low"
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

If those nice goldies are your winter wheels what do you run for summer?
Slow Scoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #6639
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Scoobie
If those nice goldies are your winter wheels what do you run for summer?
I currently have some 2000 Outback 16's on. Sold my Gram Lights a few months ago. Will probably find another summer set or make the Rotas my summer set. Sold my Gram Lights because I got triple the price that I paid for.
fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:56 PM   #6640
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver08Waggs View Post
so i painted my winter wheels and they came out great
then went to grab some lunch with a job well done and this happened

color combo looked great! Wow, Im sorry to hear/see this dude....That's crazy how you front bumper support beam seems like it is still intact. Right where it ends, the bumper just folded in...interesting.
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:29 AM   #6641
subi2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 236778
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Rhinebeck,NY
Vehicle:
08 Impreza
SWP

Default

Check this out...Brushed steel vinyl wrapped LGT
http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...p-188684.html?
subi2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #6642
Ogden
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 1748
Join Date: Jun 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Vehicle:
'09 Outback Sport
OBP over DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver08Waggs View Post
Some Lady ran a stop sign across from me then a bus hit her causing her to spIn into me... I was fine you can see now the car is I wanna talk to the body shop about maybe getting a different bumper and hood lol
See if the body shop can get you the premium bumper. That is the one OEM bumper for the 08-10 WRX. You may have to pay a little out of pocket for the difference in price.

For the hood, I'm not a fan of the non-turbo scooped cars, but that may cost you a bit more as there are more parts than you might think in the scoop, and they may not be able to re-use some of the parts from your hood like the liner, etc.

Go for the bumper, at least. those look nice on our cars. It may make you want the side skirts too.
Ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #6643
Silver08Waggs
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 283606
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Red Bank,NJ
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogden

See if the body shop can get you the premium bumper. That is the one OEM bumper for the 08-10 WRX. You may have to pay a little out of pocket for the difference in price.

For the hood, I'm not a fan of the non-turbo scooped cars, but that may cost you a bit more as there are more parts than you might think in the scoop, and they may not be able to re-use some of the parts from your hood like the liner, etc.

Go for the bumper, at least. those look nice on our cars. It may make you want the side skirts too.
Went to the body shop estimate was around $5880 and he said I can get what ever parts aslong as it stays in budget for what it's quoted
Silver08Waggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #6644
premier00000
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 251060
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Schenectady, NY
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza Outback
Black

Default

Does anyone know where I can get neon orange plastidip (preferably without ordering it online?) I have a set of steelies I wanna spray for the winter... Or maybe a set of WRX/2.5RS wheels if I cant sell them.
premier00000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #6645
Silver08Waggs
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 283606
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Red Bank,NJ
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier00000
Does anyone know where I can get neon orange plastidip (preferably without ordering it online?) I have a set of steelies I wanna spray for the winter... Or maybe a set of WRX/2.5RS wheels if I cant sell them.
I got mine online and it's wild lol really pops
Silver08Waggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #6646
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi2.5i
Check this out...Brushed steel vinyl wrapped LGT
http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...p-188684.html?
That's sick as ****. The guy is quite handy lol.
Steve2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #6647
Grimdajow06
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324758
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver08Waggs

Went to the body shop estimate was around $5880 and he said I can get what ever parts aslong as it stays in budget for what it's quoted
I have a 09 2.5i. I added the premium wrx bumpers and side skirts. I went to a collision place and they painted them and put them on for 800$. The bumpers cost me around 250 each and I bought side skirts off a member. I picked up a wrx hood. It's in process of being painted
Grimdajow06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #6648
Silver08Waggs
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 283606
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Red Bank,NJ
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimdajow06

I have a 09 2.5i. I added the premium wrx bumpers and side skirts. I went to a collision place and they painted them and put them on for 800$. The bumpers cost me around 250 each and I bought side skirts off a member. I picked up a wrx hood. It's in process of being painted
Yeah if anything I would do the bumper and hood now and see about the other stuff. Where did u order the bumpers from?
Silver08Waggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #6649
Grimdajow06
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324758
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver08Waggs

Yeah if anything I would do the bumper and hood now and see about the other stuff. Where did u order the bumpers from?
I actually got them at the dealership. Since I bought parts before they gave me a break on price. The hood I ordered online from Subaru parts warehouse. Hood and scoop was about 500. The shipping though is what got me. 250 extra. Try to see if you can find one local.
Grimdajow06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #6650
Silver08Waggs
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 283606
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Red Bank,NJ
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimdajow06

I actually got them at the dealership. Since I bought parts before they gave me a break on price. The hood I ordered online from Subaru parts warehouse. Hood and scoop was about 500. The shipping though is what got me. 250 extra. Try to see if you can find one local.
Ok any idea the part numbers for them so I can shop around
Silver08Waggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
08 2.5i and 08 Sti Suspension WRXbrother Brakes, Steering & Suspension 7 03-24-2012 02:14 PM
Will an 08 WRX intake fit an 08 2.5i? Racing101 Normally Aspirated Powertrain 26 01-19-2012 11:57 AM
08 STI Wing on 08 2.5i impreza juny102004 Interior & Exterior Modification 13 01-18-2012 09:46 AM
Will 08+ WRX gauges swap into 08+ 2.5i? Simeon Priest Interior & Exterior Modification 10 03-26-2010 02:17 PM
08 2.5i mod question deunique1 Impreza Forum 1 10-03-2007 02:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.