Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday April 19, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #7026
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2015 Subaru WRX
WR Blue

Default

Blah looking at everyone's impreza makes me want to put that mesh grill on.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Steve2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:54 PM   #7027
KevinKe
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 283593
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Southeast New Hampshire
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
Red

Default

hmm maybe the trim is just shinier than mine
KevinKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:51 PM   #7028
CodyTrettin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 308224
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Nor Cal
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza Hatch
White

Default

Nice ride my man! Oh the great white north.. Sorry to hear that man! Clean though, what did you use to lower your 2.5i??
CodyTrettin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:34 AM   #7029
Slow Scoobie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 320464
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Monmouth, NJ
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT
ABP

Default

@Silver08Waggs @fancyfootwork15
Ive been looking at the classifieds to find some 08+ wrx/sti front seats but everything, I find is either overpriced or to far away and shipping would kill the value. Also I pulled my fenders today...or atleast I think I did. Surprisingly my fenders didn't bulge out nearly as far as I thought they would.
Slow Scoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:00 AM   #7030
fpshked
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 289492
Join Date: Jul 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSP671 View Post
Dont look like he has on rainguards.

+1on wheel and tire specs
Thanks guys. I don't have rain guards.
My wheels GP GR2 Bronze 18x8, +35. I forgot the specs on the tires. But they're falken 452.

I love my car... But it's slow as **** ha ha

Last edited by fpshked; 10-21-2012 at 04:12 AM.
fpshked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:05 AM   #7031
fpshked
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 289492
Join Date: Jul 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyTrettin View Post
Nice ride my man! Oh the great white north.. Sorry to hear that man! Clean though, what did you use to lower your 2.5i??
Thanks. I wanted a clean look so I guess I did the job right!
I used H&R lowering springs. I'm so happy to see a bunch of people who cares about their 2.5is....... Haha
fpshked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #7032
Silver08Waggs
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 283606
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Red Bank,NJ
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Scoobie
@Silver08Waggs @fancyfootwork15
Ive been looking at the classifieds to find some 08+ wrx/sti front seats but everything, I find is either overpriced or to far away and shipping would kill the value. Also I pulled my fenders today...or atleast I think I did. Surprisingly my fenders didn't bulge out nearly as far as I thought they would.
Yeah I wasn't planning on getting any then an set popped up for a good price so I grabbed them and then traded rears so I have a matching set and the kid I bought them from had my old ones wrapped to match his Bride seats.
Silver08Waggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #7033
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Scoobie
@Silver08Waggs @fancyfootwork15
Ive been looking at the classifieds to find some 08+ wrx/sti front seats but everything, I find is either overpriced or to far away and shipping would kill the value. Also I pulled my fenders today...or atleast I think I did. Surprisingly my fenders didn't bulge out nearly as far as I thought they would.
I got my front seats for $400 shipped. Little bit of talking on sitting product goes a long way!
fancyfootwork15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #7034
09subi2.5i
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 331636
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Bronx NY/Philly PA
Vehicle:
09 impreza
paprika

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyTrettin
It's been awhile since i've posted but have some new stuff to report.
First off... Gettin inside the headlights = a headache. never again.
paint lip
hellas
new grill
Would love to hear your headlight story. Car looks great!
09subi2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #7035
Slow Scoobie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 320464
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Monmouth, NJ
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT
ABP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpshked

Thanks guys. I don't have rain guards.
My wheels GP GR2 Bronze 18x8, +35. I forgot the specs on the tires. But they're falken 452.

I love my car... But it's slow as **** ha ha
Haha I actually have a sticker on my back window that says Slow as F**k
Slow Scoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #7036
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Got sick of my $30 crappy Pioneer speakers so I picked these guys up today. These sound incredible. Running them off my Pioneer headunit with no amp. They are loud and clear. I originally wanted a set of components and not coaxials.. but I found these from a local seller for an excellent deal. Couldn't pass them up, and figured if I don't like them up front they can always be my new rears.





Here's the "quality" of the stock speakers for reference.

fancyfootwork15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #7037
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15
Got sick of my $30 crappy Pioneer speakers so I picked these guys up today. These sound incredible. Running them off my Pioneer headunit with no amp. They are loud and clear. I originally wanted a set of components and not coaxials.. but I found these from a local seller for an excellent deal. Couldn't pass them up, and figured if I don't like them up front they can always be my new rears.

Here's the "quality" of the stock speakers for reference.
Those look sweet! How big are they and are you using an adapter? Not sure which pioneer headunit you have but be make sure your battery doesn't die! Lol. My x930bt went into anti theft mode and is asking for a password that was never entered -_- and now have to spend $80 to get it reset by pioneer :facepalm:
KartRacer3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #7038
CodyTrettin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 308224
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Nor Cal
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza Hatch
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09subi2.5i

Would love to hear your headlight story. Car looks great!
Ok.. Just you standard cooking your headlights in the oven story. I ended up washing my car the next day, woke up the morning after washing it an the whole headlight was fogged over. Had to rebake it and then add this poly urethane crud. Added an extra 8 hours of work..
CodyTrettin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #7039
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3 View Post
Those look sweet! How big are they and are you using an adapter? Not sure which pioneer headunit you have but be make sure your battery doesn't die! Lol. My x930bt went into anti theft mode and is asking for a password that was never entered -_- and now have to spend $80 to get it reset by pioneer :facepalm:
They are 5.25".. I ordered some spacers/adapters today. Should be getting them within the week. For the time being though I have them rigged up with 2 screws. Surprisingly they are very tight.

So are you saying if the battery dies while install the headunit goes into an auto-lock mode? I have a AVH-p2300, not the best of models but it is all I really need. Maybe one of these days i'll go big with some high end unit. Until then I love this one. The red matches very well with our red interior lights too!
fancyfootwork15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #7040
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15

They are 5.25".. I ordered some spacers/adapters today. Should be getting them within the week. For the time being though I have them rigged up with 2 screws. Surprisingly they are very tight.

So are you saying if the battery dies while install the headunit goes into an auto-lock mode? I have a AVH-p2300, not the best of models but it is all I really need. Maybe one of these days i'll go big with some high end unit. Until then I love this one. The red matches very well with our red interior lights too!
Oh okay I gotcha. And no I had bestbuy install it and then 8months later my battery dies and the next thing I know, my headunit is asking for a password -_- i have no idea what model that is at the moment but I'm sure if its a single din model you will be fine hah. And I bet, mine had a feature where I could have nearly any color I desired
KartRacer3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #7041
theoutbackdream
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 301179
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Mountain View, California
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3 View Post
Those look sweet! How big are they and are you using an adapter? Not sure which pioneer headunit you have but be make sure your battery doesn't die! Lol. My x930bt went into anti theft mode and is asking for a password that was never entered -_- and now have to spend $80 to get it reset by pioneer :facepalm:
Look in the headunit manual, there might be a universal code, for the user to then setup their own code.
theoutbackdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #7042
daigledangle8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 253642
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Manchester, CT
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
SSM

Default

Did my first autox event today..I think its safe to say that I just found myself a new hobby! Official results are not in yet, but I believe I came in first place for the first timers. I just wish I tried this earlier in the season.
daigledangle8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #7043
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoutbackdream

Look in the headunit manual, there might be a universal code, for the user to then setup their own code.
I looked everywhere.... I have an appt w/ bestbuy tomorrow to have them try and fix it but I'm gonna make them pay the $80 service fee at pioneer if they can't do it. So we shall see.
Daingledangle -that's great man! Pretty soon your gonna want to do more modifying to your suspension haha
KartRacer3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #7044
fpshked
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 289492
Join Date: Jul 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Scoobie View Post
Haha I actually have a sticker on my back window that says Slow as F**k
I need a sticker like that!

I mean... I was even with a 06 v4 camry. Sigh
fpshked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #7045
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3

Oh okay I gotcha. And no I had bestbuy install it and then 8months later my battery dies and the next thing I know, my headunit is asking for a password -_- i have no idea what model that is at the moment but I'm sure if its a single din model you will be fine hah. And I bet, mine had a feature where I could have nearly any color I desired
Mine is a double din DVD/touchscreen. Come to think of it my battery has died with it on and I ha never locked up. I also installed everything myself.
fancyfootwork15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #7046
.HaVoK.
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 229726
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Westchester County
Vehicle:
'09 2.Slow
OBP

Default




.HaVoK. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #7047
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Nice pics Havok! Good colors in the trees! Constructive criticism here.. Try to not have the trees look as if they are growing out of the car.
fancyfootwork15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:26 AM   #7048
Slow Scoobie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 320464
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Monmouth, NJ
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT
ABP

Default

@.HaVoK. You leave those burnout marks there? Wow I wish i could have you light bar and lights...But that fact my car sits so low im pretty sure i would destroy that bar with these ****ty roads in NJ. Is that red bandaid covering up a booboo or holding you bumper to your fender lol.

@fpshked Hey atleast we got AWD and dont drive a boring TOYota

Last edited by Slow Scoobie; 10-22-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Slow Scoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:46 AM   #7049
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15

Mine is a double din DVD/touchscreen. Come to think of it my battery has died with it on and I ha never locked up. I also installed everything myself.
Huh....well lucky you and props to installing it yourself
Havok-I love literally everything on your car but I just feel you got to many colors going on (gold wheels, red hella's, etc). IMO if you body color matched your Hellas they would look much better lol.
KartRacer3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:24 AM   #7050
Navysesal
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 305008
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2008 outback sport
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Scoobie View Post

@fpshked Hey atleast we got AWD and dont drive a boring TOYota
sorry but that jdm tag just reminded me of this editorial Lol, not trying to call you out or anything. just a good read is all

http://www.7tune.com/editorial-these...dm-as-****-yo/
Navysesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
08 2.5i and 08 Sti Suspension WRXbrother Brakes, Steering & Suspension 7 03-24-2012 02:14 PM
Will an 08 WRX intake fit an 08 2.5i? Racing101 Normally Aspirated Powertrain 26 01-19-2012 11:57 AM
08 STI Wing on 08 2.5i impreza juny102004 Interior & Exterior Modification 13 01-18-2012 09:46 AM
Will 08+ WRX gauges swap into 08+ 2.5i? Simeon Priest Interior & Exterior Modification 10 03-26-2010 02:17 PM
08 2.5i mod question deunique1 Impreza Forum 1 10-03-2007 02:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.