Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday December 25, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 11:23 PM   #7751
Slow Scoobie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 320464
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Monmouth, NJ
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT
ABP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier00000

I've posted a few times in here... But since you asked...
Well thank you sir. Im not usually a fan of chromed headlights, but your car Is an exception. I like the contrast. Edit.. Wait a tick did those come stock on your car?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Slow Scoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #7752
premier00000
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 251060
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Schenectady, NY
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza Outback
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Scoobie View Post

Well thank you sir. Im not usually a fan of chromed headlights, but your car Is an exception. I like the contrast. Edit.. Wait a tick did those come stock on your car?
Yes. Those are stock on my car. And I HATE chrome headlamps too...
premier00000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:13 AM   #7753
BWX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 236305
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Central.. NY
Vehicle:
2009 2.5i 4dr 5spd
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

Looks like the new WRX and STI headlights.
BWX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #7754
Sellars21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304055
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Rallisport
UEL Headers Magnaflow CBE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navysesal

Make a mounting bracket out of some cheap sheet metal like material. I mounted the passenger side ballast on the frame of the body in the engine bay and the driver side where the headlight bolt is.( in your driver side picture; the rusted bolt holding the headlight, next to the clip for the washer fluid)

I'll take pictures when I get home hopefully Lol
That's exactly where I had my last set of ballast. Frond those mounting locations off a wrx hid install on YouTube. The crappy mounting brackets flopped around on the drivers side when mounted in that bolt.

The bolt in the picture is a little rusty, not a show car that's for sure. But not doing so bad for 5 Canadian salt filled winters. Can't wait to move somewhere where they use sand instead.
Sellars21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #7755
reide181
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 276915
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh (South Hills)
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Limited
Satin White Pearl

Default

New pic of the Toys before winter

reide181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #7756
Navysesal
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 305008
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2008 outback sport
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellars21 View Post

That's exactly where I had my last set of ballast. Frond those mounting locations off a wrx hid install on YouTube. The crappy mounting brackets flopped around on the drivers side when mounted in that bolt.

The bolt in the picture is a little rusty, not a show car that's for sure. But not doing so bad for 5 Canadian salt filled winters. Can't wait to move somewhere where they use sand instead.
thats probably the same video as i watched
Navysesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #7757
Sellars21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304055
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Rallisport
UEL Headers Magnaflow CBE

Default

I'm having the hardest time finding a 08+sti, 09+wrx hatchback spoiler for my car. I really don't want to pay full retail + paint from subaru genuine parts.

Does anyone have any leads? Any suggestions?
Sellars21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #7758
Slow Scoobie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 320464
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Monmouth, NJ
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT
ABP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15
Looks good. Any side view shots? No possible way to trim the sides and then have it sit more flush?
I didnt feel like trimming it since it only sticks past maybe 3/4 of an inch. I tried bending it with a heatgun but no bueno. Also has anyone attached the DIY lip to their front lip?
Slow Scoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #7759
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2015 Subaru WRX
WR Blue

Default


In case anyone wanted to see the OEM bushings. Got around to it today, figured I'd do it before it starts to rain.
Steve2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #7760
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellars21 View Post
I'm having the hardest time finding a 08+sti, 09+wrx hatchback spoiler for my car. I really don't want to pay full retail + paint from subaru genuine parts.

Does anyone have any leads? Any suggestions?
You like bayson R's carbon fiber one I linked to eBay?
Steve2.5i-they don't look bad when you take them out but when you see the aftermarket ones and install them-its crazy how more crisp each shift is
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #7761
Sellars21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304055
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Rallisport
UEL Headers Magnaflow CBE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3

You like bayson R's carbon fiber one I linked to eBay?
Steve2.5i-they don't look bad when you take them out but when you see the aftermarket ones and install them-its crazy how more crisp each shift is
I wanted to keep with a single color. If I could get a fo-carbon fiber one and paint in I would, but would it take extra coats to completely cover it?
Sellars21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:49 PM   #7762
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2015 Subaru WRX
WR Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3

You like bayson R's carbon fiber one I linked to eBay?
Steve2.5i-they don't look bad when you take them out but when you see the aftermarket ones and install them-its crazy how more crisp each shift is
I know hahaha I had a cheesy ass smile all the way back to my house. The difference is ridiculous! Just a tip for those who plan on installing, make sure the extended bolts for the rear bushing r in the package (mine weren't)
Steve2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #7763
Sellars21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304055
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Rallisport
UEL Headers Magnaflow CBE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2.5i

I know hahaha I had a cheesy ass smile all the way back to my house. The difference is ridiculous! Just a tip for those who plan on installing, make sure the extended bolts for the rear bushing r in the package (mine weren't)
You guys go with kartboy? Front and rear, which short throw if any.

And what did you do if the bolt wasn't in the package haha.
Sellars21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:17 PM   #7764
tupperware
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 262990
Join Date: Nov 2010
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Sydney
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza R 2.0
Charcoal Grey

Default

Posted this in the 2.5 thread, but might as well post here:

Ez-Lip



Other parts otw are Cobb Short Shift and Rally Armor flaps
tupperware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #7765
Sellars21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304055
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Rallisport
UEL Headers Magnaflow CBE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupperware
Posted this in the 2.5 thread, but might as well post here:

Ez-Lip

Other parts otw are Cobb Short Shift and Rally Armor flaps
Post here from now on haha, I like aussie influence, is that a 2.0 sport?
Sellars21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:06 AM   #7766
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2015 Subaru WRX
WR Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellars21

You guys go with kartboy? Front and rear, which short throw if any.

And what did you do if the bolt wasn't in the package haha.
I called Tom at kartboy for the bolt specs n went out to buy them.
Steve2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:46 AM   #7767
Eric91Z
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 216858
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Central Iowa
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza OBSlow
Steel Silver/Spark Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellars21 View Post
You guys go with kartboy? Front and rear, which short throw if any.

And what did you do if the bolt wasn't in the package haha.
I concur, the aftermarket bushings are so worth the upgrade and relatively easy to put in. Highly recommend doing front and rear at same time as easier that way. I have the Perrin front and Kartboy rear, along with SPT shifter assembly and COBB double adjustable short shifter. Love the setup! And fresh Extra-S fluid in the tranny.
Eric91Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:06 AM   #7768
Aredilla
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 292162
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage
Vehicle:
2010 impreza 2.5i
paprika

Default



Rally fever!

Last edited by Aredilla; 11-30-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Aredilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:46 AM   #7769
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellars21 View Post

I wanted to keep with a single color. If I could get a fo-carbon fiber one and paint in I would, but would it take extra coats to completely cover it?
You could always wrap it with vinyl. I think that's what I'm going to do with mine as painting may cost a lot if done properly.
Also I have kartboy short shifter with front and rear bushings. If I could do it over I would have gotten the Cobb only because its adjustable but that's just a luxury their all good except I think the spt costs the most?
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:48 AM   #7770
Digital Dillon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288727
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Sturbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX premium
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellars21

I wanted to keep with a single color. If I could get a fo-carbon fiber one and paint in I would, but would it take extra coats to completely cover it?
It should be about $150 or less to have the wing painted correctly!
Digital Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #7771
krueger519
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336523
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Chievres, Belgium
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Maroon

Default

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the Subie forum and never gave it a lot of thought when I first purchased the car back in 2010 to modify the car, but here is a list of upgrades I have on my 2010 2.5i maroon.

Modifications: Avo Turbo Kit
Tsudo Exhaust system
HKS BOV SSQV
450cc fuel injectors
255 Walbro Fuel Pump
20% Tint
Xenon HID headlights and Foglights
Matte Black all the Chrome
2 10" P3 rockfords
Pioneer Touch screen CD/DVD player
Debadge

Next Purchases: 17" O.Z. Racing Wheels
Possibly UEL headers

Question: I've done my research, but I would like to know what would be the best brake kit for our cars?

Pictures will be up once I get the tune in December.
krueger519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #7772
Sellars21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304055
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Rallisport
UEL Headers Magnaflow CBE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krueger519
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the Subie forum and never gave it a lot of thought when I first purchased the car back in 2010 to modify the car, but here is a list of upgrades I have on my 2010 2.5i maroon.

Modifications: Avo Turbo Kit
Tsudo Exhaust system
HKS BOV SSQV
450cc fuel injectors
255 Walbro Fuel Pump
20% Tint
Xenon HID headlights and Foglights
Matte Black all the Chrome
2 10" P3 rockfords
Pioneer Touch screen CD/DVD player
Debadge

Next Purchases: 17" O.Z. Racing Wheels
Possibly UEL headers

Question: I've done my research, but I would like to know what would be the best brake kit for our cars?

Pictures will be up once I get the tune in December.
Engine bay pics with bumper off plz. Any reason you went avo over wrx?
Sellars21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #7773
09subi2.5i
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 331636
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Bronx NY/Philly PA
Vehicle:
09 impreza
paprika

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredilla

Rally fever!
If that's you im so jealous.
09subi2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #7774
Navysesal
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 305008
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2008 outback sport
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellars21 View Post

Engine bay pics with bumper off plz. Any reason you went avo over wrx?
+1 i want to see pictures of turbo setup and video of a run
Navysesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #7775
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2015 Subaru WRX
WR Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3

You could always wrap it with vinyl. I think that's what I'm going to do with mine as painting may cost a lot if done properly.
Also I have kartboy short shifter with front and rear bushings. If I could do it over I would have gotten the Cobb only because its adjustable but that's just a luxury their all good except I think the spt costs the most?
Yeah if u buy it from Subaru genuine parts, the SPT cost more. Ill probably go COBB when I buy my wrx.
Steve2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
08 2.5i and 08 Sti Suspension WRXbrother Brakes, Steering & Suspension 7 03-24-2012 03:14 PM
Will an 08 WRX intake fit an 08 2.5i? Racing101 Normally Aspirated Powertrain 26 01-19-2012 12:57 PM
08 STI Wing on 08 2.5i impreza juny102004 Interior & Exterior Modification 13 01-18-2012 10:46 AM
Will 08+ WRX gauges swap into 08+ 2.5i? Simeon Priest Interior & Exterior Modification 10 03-26-2010 03:17 PM
08 2.5i mod question deunique1 Impreza Forum 1 10-03-2007 03:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.