Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday April 18, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 12:58 AM   #7826
Aredilla
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 292162
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage
Vehicle:
2010 impreza 2.5i
paprika

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajracerfan View Post
lookin' slick man. Glad to see another subie of the same color
You have a paprika 2.5i too?! is it a sedan? post a picture please! haha
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Aredilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #7827
Aredilla
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 292162
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage
Vehicle:
2010 impreza 2.5i
paprika

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krueger519 View Post
What did you do to front that made it all blacked out? I'm in the process of blacking everything out, and I'm almost done but need to do the front.
I used plasti dip
Aredilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:01 AM   #7828
Aredilla
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 292162
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage
Vehicle:
2010 impreza 2.5i
paprika

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09subi2.5i View Post
Where's that grille from?
Its just the regular oem grill they come with, I just painted it.
Aredilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:08 AM   #7829
ajracerfan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 221308
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Magnolia, TX
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
Orange

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredilla View Post
You have a paprika 2.5i too?! is it a sedan? post a picture please! haha
Here's one of the most recent ones:
ajracerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:47 AM   #7830
Sellars21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304055
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Rallisport
UEL Headers Magnaflow CBE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daigledangle8

Just search for STI Mikey on here and you will find plenty of information on him. After doing lots and lots of research on tuners he is the only person I will let plug into my car for a tune. He does incredible work and for a very affordable price for us NA guys. He can do road tunes (cheaper) and he also dyno tunes at EFI/ ECS in Connecticut
I don't know, I live close but with a tune that gives me 1hp and 2 torques I think I would notice more of a difference cruising around with no gas as apposed to a full tank. That's a difference of 130lbs roughly....
Sellars21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:55 AM   #7831
krueger519
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336523
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Chievres, Belgium
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Maroon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellars21 View Post
I've looked into the raptor supercharger more than the avo. I wanted to do everything myself, and oil pan mods are +10 out of my league. Any one have anything good to say about raptor?

Avo to me seems to have all it's psi and power at the topend, our sohc's do not like to rev. If I keep my car for a long time I wanted to turn it into a low end torque monster.

What kind of numbers are you looking for?

Well it's a DD, so I guess what I really want is to beat a stock STI. Which I might be able to do if I keep going with the uprgrades. Another thing I want to do is lower the compression ratio, cause with our 2010 the compression ration is 10:1 and I want it down to at least 9: if not 8.5:1.
krueger519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:06 AM   #7832
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue

Default

I'd recommend just getting better pads. Upgrading to brembos, if ur not tracking is a waste.
Steve2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:37 AM   #7833
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krueger519 View Post
Well it's a DD, so I guess what I really want is to beat a stock STI. Which I might be able to do if I keep going with the uprgrades. Another thing I want to do is lower the compression ratio, cause with our 2010 the compression ration is 10:1 and I want it down to at least 9: if not 8.5:1.
When you refer to beating a stock STI, you mean in a straight line I assume?
If so, turn up the boost and lose some weight. Our cars are already like 3-400lbs lighter than a stock sti so you have a slight headstart
If you are talking about the track than in addition to what has already been stated, upgrade suspension to coils or equivelant, lightweight wheels, sticky tires, and so forth lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2.5i View Post
I'd recommend just getting better pads. Upgrading to brembos, if ur not tracking is a waste.
Pads are definitely a good start if he wants to beat an STI on the track
But hey, I want brembo's! I have to agree with you though, for most people they are unnecessary.
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:43 AM   #7834
krueger519
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336523
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Chievres, Belgium
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Maroon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3 View Post
When you refer to beating a stock STI, you mean in a straight line I assume?
If so, turn up the boost and lose some weight. Our cars are already like 3-400lbs lighter than a stock sti so you have a slight headstart
If you are talking about the track than in addition to what has already been stated, upgrade suspension to coils or equivelant, lightweight wheels, sticky tires, and so forth lol.


Pads are definitely a good start if he wants to beat an STI on the track
But hey, I want brembo's! I have to agree with you though, for most people they are unnecessary.
Thanks for the info, Yes, just for straight line. So uprgraded brake pads would be fine? Also, I do plan on getting OZ racing rims, change the bushings and switch to a short shifter. Change the pulley's out and so forth. I would to change the suspension because in the summer I'm taking the subie to the Nurnberg track in Germany and test the turns, however, I think it might be smart if I take out the subs when runnning on the track.
krueger519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:04 AM   #7835
daigledangle8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 253642
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Manchester, CT
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellars21 View Post

I don't know, I live close but with a tune that gives me 1hp and 2 torques I think I would notice more of a difference cruising around with no gas as apposed to a full tank. That's a difference of 130lbs roughly....
While the power didn't change much the driveability changed dramatically. Our stock tune is terrible and makes the car run like crap. I feel happier knowing my car is running healthy.
daigledangle8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:37 AM   #7836
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krueger519 View Post

Thanks for the info, Yes, just for straight line. So uprgraded brake pads would be fine? Also, I do plan on getting OZ racing rims, change the bushings and switch to a short shifter. Change the pulley's out and so forth. I would to change the suspension because in the summer I'm taking the subie to the Nurnberg track in Germany and test the turns, however, I think it might be smart if I take out the subs when runnning on the track.
You mean the nurburgring?
fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:15 AM   #7837
krueger519
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336523
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Chievres, Belgium
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Maroon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15 View Post
You mean the nurburgring?
Yes exactly. My bad on the spelling, you know what I meant.
krueger519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #7838
theoutbackdream
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 301179
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Mountain View, California
Vehicle:
2009 Outback Sport
Sage Green Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krueger519 View Post

Well it's a DD, so I guess what I really want is to beat a stock STI. Which I might be able to do if I keep going with the uprgrades. Another thing I want to do is lower the compression ratio, cause with our 2010 the compression ration is 10:1 and I want it down to at least 9: if not 8.5:1.
Depends on driver too. You can have a slow car but have a professional in it beating a teenager who thinks he's Ken block in a high performing car.


But good luck getting the 2.5is close to that 4second 0-60... lol
theoutbackdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #7839
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krueger519

Thanks for the info, Yes, just for straight line. So uprgraded brake pads would be fine? Also, I do plan on getting OZ racing rims, change the bushings and switch to a short shifter. Change the pulley's out and so forth. I would to change the suspension because in the summer I'm taking the subie to the Nurnberg track in Germany and test the turns, however, I think it might be smart if I take out the subs when runnning on the track.
U lucky bastard!
Steve2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #7840
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krueger519 View Post

Thanks for the info, Yes, just for straight line. So uprgraded brake pads would be fine? Also, I do plan on getting OZ racing rims, change the bushings and switch to a short shifter. Change the pulley's out and so forth. I would to change the suspension because in the summer I'm taking the subie to the Nurnberg track in Germany and test the turns, however, I think it might be smart if I take out the subs when runnning on the track.
Yes but don't be surprised if you warp your rotors in less than 10k miles (ask me how I know ) . Also I'm not sure what your emissions are like over there but if you go catless and retune it there is some power to be made there as well. Are you also on stock headers? (Sorry if you aleady listed it). I'm super jealous. I would die to drive on the legendary ring! Yes, taking the subs out will help hah.
Theoutbackdream- +1 haha
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #7841
krueger519
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336523
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Chievres, Belgium
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Maroon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3 View Post
Yes but don't be surprised if you warp your rotors in less than 10k miles (ask me how I know ) . Also I'm not sure what your emissions are like over there but if you go catless and retune it there is some power to be made there as well. Are you also on stock headers? (Sorry if you aleady listed it). I'm super jealous. I would die to drive on the legendary ring! Yes, taking the subs out will help hah.
Theoutbackdream- +1 haha
Yes I am running stock headers. I was looking into headers and after some reviews it said that stock is a better option for NA cars. It surprises me that stock is better but oh well, any advice on the headers would be greatly appreciative. Yea, I'm pretty fortunate to drive on the legendary ring, I'll be sure to post videos when I take the car out on its first run.
krueger519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #7842
krueger519
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336523
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Chievres, Belgium
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Maroon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2.5i View Post
U lucky bastard!
Thanks!!
krueger519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #7843
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krueger519

Yes I am running stock headers. I was looking into headers and after some reviews it said that stock is a better option for NA cars. It surprises me that stock is better but oh well, any advice on the headers would be greatly appreciative. Yea, I'm pretty fortunate to drive on the legendary ring, I'll be sure to post videos when I take the car out on its first run.
Can't wait to see!
Steve2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #7844
krueger519
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336523
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Chievres, Belgium
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Maroon

Default

The other thing I want to do is paint the intake manifold to the same color as the car.
krueger519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #7845
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue

Default


having fun at the beach lol
Steve2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:15 AM   #7846
deez11550
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 327237
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: long islang NYC
Vehicle:
2008 subaru impreza
dark grey

Default

ANY ONE HAVE THE RALLY INOVATION ULTIMATE LIGHT BAR ... the one that looks like a push bar . ???
deez11550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:37 AM   #7847
premier00000
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 251060
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Schenectady, NY
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza Outback
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deez11550 View Post
ANY ONE HAVE THE RALLY INOVATION ULTIMATE LIGHT BAR ... the one that looks like a push bar . ???
Yes. A lot of people do... Do a quick search of the thread. A few of us posted pics within the past few days.
premier00000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:06 AM   #7848
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deez11550 View Post
ANY ONE HAVE THE RALLY INOVATION ULTIMATE LIGHT BAR ... the one that looks like a push bar . ???
YOU DONT NEED TO TALK IN ALL CAPS! You can just type lowercase and everything will be cool . Short summary:Its better to have one custom made as the RI bar is overpriced and not very good quality.
More related to the thread: I bought this http://www.flex-innovations.com/impreza_ground.htm, it will be interesting to see if their are any differences.

Last edited by KartRacer3; 12-04-2012 at 02:18 AM.
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:58 AM   #7849
s1eepR
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335330
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 5DR
DGM

Default Don't know how many times I get asked if it's a WRX!

Little update, since the last pics I've added:

Polk db651 front + rear
Hella Supertones
HD DIY Front Lip
Vinyl Tail lights

11 WRX rear sway
12 WRX catback
11 STI shiftboot on 4EAT (Yea, I know , but I LOVE the look)
11 STI grill (debadged and painted black)
Subaru Wheel Locks

I bought headers too, but they didn't come with the O2 bung and the cat... I don't feel like forking out more cash. Anyone want to buy it? I'd sell it for the price I paid. I think I'm satisfied with the sound right now. It sounds sorta like a G35 and the start up growl is just mean .

Retrofit is coming very soon, looking to do a quad projector 1 bi-xenon 1 halogen DRL set up. >> Tints >> Coils.

Someone mentioned above upgraded brake pads, can you please recommend a set? That's something I want to do ASAP.




Last edited by s1eepR; 12-04-2012 at 07:03 AM.
s1eepR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #7850
bradyarz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 272381
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza OBS
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1eepR View Post
Little update, since the last pics I've added:

Polk db651 front + rear
Hella Supertones
HD DIY Front Lip
Vinyl Tail lights

11 WRX rear sway
12 WRX catback
11 STI shiftboot on 4EAT (Yea, I know , but I LOVE the look)
11 STI grill (debadged and painted black)
Subaru Wheel Locks
You may have mentioned this before, but what mods did you perform to run the quad tip catback? New style bumper, cut/heated and bent existing bumper, ...? It's hard to tell from the pic.

Also, were the hanger locations the same?
bradyarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
08 2.5i and 08 Sti Suspension WRXbrother Brakes, Steering & Suspension 7 03-24-2012 02:14 PM
Will an 08 WRX intake fit an 08 2.5i? Racing101 Normally Aspirated Powertrain 26 01-19-2012 11:57 AM
08 STI Wing on 08 2.5i impreza juny102004 Interior & Exterior Modification 13 01-18-2012 09:46 AM
Will 08+ WRX gauges swap into 08+ 2.5i? Simeon Priest Interior & Exterior Modification 10 03-26-2010 02:17 PM
08 2.5i mod question deunique1 Impreza Forum 1 10-03-2007 02:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.