Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday April 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #8101
09subi2.5i
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 331636
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Bronx NY/Philly PA
Vehicle:
09 impreza
paprika

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krueger519 View Post

I'm happy with it and so far its been a hit/miss on reliability but I'm still working out some of the kinks. It's only sitting at 5psi when it was on the dyno and it gained just around 50 hp to the engine. Below is the graph from the dyno. Let me know what you think.
Not bad nice increase. I want to buy the AVO kit so bad but I just feel like it is going to destroy my car nd end up wasting my money.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
09subi2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #8102
BSP671
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 288190
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Guam
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
Spark Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15

If you're getting new speakers.. Get spacers. By that I mean, new speakers are only worth it if they are good. Generally good speakers have large baskets. Hence why you need a spacer to accommodate.
True, but you only need spacers if the magnet is too big and hitting your inner panel. If it ain't, then you should be good.
BSP671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #8103
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09subi2.5i View Post

Not bad nice increase. I want to buy the AVO kit so bad but I just feel like it is going to destroy my car nd end up wasting my money.
If you think it would be worth it than do it. However in the long run it would be much cheaper to buy a Wrx that has a motor that's built to be more tolerant with a turbo, where our engine internals are not. Just my .02.
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #8104
Digital Dillon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288727
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Sturbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX premium
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3

If you think it would be worth it than do it. However in the long run it would be much cheaper to buy a Wrx that has a motor that's built to be more tolerant with a turbo, where our engine internals are not. Just my .02.
He's making factory 2.0 WRX power while a intake, downpipe, tune would make the 2.0 WRX much faster and still be just as reliable maybe more than a turbo 2.5i
Digital Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #8105
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSP671 View Post

True, but you only need spacers if the magnet is too big and hitting your inner panel. If it ain't, then you should be good.
I will also add that having a spacer gives you a better seal. In turn, giving you much better sound.
fancyfootwork15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #8106
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Dillon View Post

He's making factory 2.0 WRX power while a intake, downpipe, tune would make the 2.0 WRX much faster and still be just as reliable maybe more than a turbo 2.5i
That's what I was trying to say I guess lol
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #8107
Digital Dillon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288727
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Sturbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX premium
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3

That's what I was trying to say I guess lol
Sorry for stealing your thunder
Digital Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #8108
09subi2.5i
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 331636
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Bronx NY/Philly PA
Vehicle:
09 impreza
paprika

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3 View Post

If you think it would be worth it than do it. However in the long run it would be much cheaper to buy a Wrx that has a motor that's built to be more tolerant with a turbo, where our engine internals are not. Just my .02.
Yeah wrx may be cheaper I just think it would be cool as hell to have a sleeper 2.5 Maybe better just to do a wrx swap...? Tranny an all if I fans a crashed one.
09subi2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #8109
BSP671
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 288190
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Guam
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
Spark Silver

Default

A dream situation would be to find a totaled WRX or STI where something like a tree fell on it and didn't damage the engine or the drivetrain lol
BSP671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #8110
09subi2.5i
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 331636
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Bronx NY/Philly PA
Vehicle:
09 impreza
paprika

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSP671 View Post
A dream situation would be to find a totaled WRX or STI where something like a tree fell on it and didn't damage the engine or the drivetrain lol
Lol exactly. I've heard the swap is definitely possible.
09subi2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:21 AM   #8111
krueger519
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336523
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Chievres, Belgium
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Maroon

Default

The reason I didn't purchase a WRX is because of the insurance. Also, living in Belgium my insurance would have sky rocketed. If I feel like it later down the road I will do an engine swap with the WRX. Otherwise, I am perfectly happy with the turbo that's in the car and all in all I did it by myself.
krueger519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:38 AM   #8112
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krueger519 View Post
The reason I didn't purchase a WRX is because of the insurance. Also, living in Belgium my insurance would have sky rocketed. If I feel like it later down the road I will do an engine swap with the WRX. Otherwise, I am perfectly happy with the turbo that's in the car and all in all I did it by myself.
That's perfectly reasonable man. It's people like you who make me want to mod my car to the ground to achieve your level of performance. I applaud you for doing something that not many of us would do, strictly because of cost :sadbananna: It would also be reasonable for you to do a swap at some point too considering you already have turbo/piping/(same tranny, I think?) as a Wrx so your halfway there

09subi2.5i- that's exactly what we all want but in reality, unless you make a lot of money, really isn't worth it. But again, I'm not one of those people to make fun of you because you decided todo something to your car that others don't agree with. [its your car, as long as your happy with it, then that's all that matters].
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #8113
09subi2.5i
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 331636
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Bronx NY/Philly PA
Vehicle:
09 impreza
paprika

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3 View Post
That's perfectly reasonable man. It's people like you who make me want to mod my car to the ground to achieve your level of performance. I applaud you for doing something that not many of us would do, strictly because of cost :sadbananna: It would also be reasonable for you to do a swap at some point too considering you already have turbo/piping/(same tranny, I think?) as a Wrx so your halfway there

09subi2.5i- that's exactly what we all want but in reality, unless you make a lot of money, really isn't worth it. But again, I'm not one of those people to make fun of you because you decided todo something to your car that others don't agree with. [its your car, as long as your happy with it, then that's all that matters].
I love my car as is. But one day I will do a wrx swap. It can't be too hard to find a totaled anything in NYC lol
09subi2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #8114
09subi2.5i
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 331636
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Bronx NY/Philly PA
Vehicle:
09 impreza
paprika

Default

Urg anybody ever get some squeeking noises at low speeds like take off? So occasional but I was pushing my car a bit and when I got home it seemed to complain about it.
09subi2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #8115
czeckson
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309412
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Vienna, Austria
Vehicle:
2010 Impr. 2.0 Sedan
WRB

Default

A question to the braking-pros:

Will those 2004 STi Brembos (5x100) fit my 2010 sedan ?



Or do i have to mount a "Subaru (FHI) Rear 2-Pot Calipers on 2008-2012 WRX" ?

THANKS in advance

Max
czeckson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #8116
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by czeckson View Post
A question to the braking-pros:

Will those 2004 STi Brembos (5x100) fit my 2010 sedan ?

Or do i have to mount a "Subaru (FHI) Rear 2-Pot Calipers on 2008-2012 WRX" ?

THANKS in advance

Max
The front calipers will bolt up and the front calipers will slide right on too. As for the rear caliper you will need an adapter from kartboy, turn in concepts, or knsbrakes.com. Also I believe you will need the 04sti brake lines to match to the brembos. If you can afford it, I would recommend upgrading to the STI brake booster and master cylinder (slightly larger). If you search a little bit theirs a few threads that cover this really well. Hope this helps.

09subi- that's sad but funny
Also my whole car squeaks when it's cold outside in the early morning hours of the day
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #8117
krueger519
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336523
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Chievres, Belgium
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Maroon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by czeckson View Post
A question to the braking-pros:

Will those 2004 STi Brembos (5x100) fit my 2010 sedan ?



Or do i have to mount a "Subaru (FHI) Rear 2-Pot Calipers on 2008-2012 WRX" ?

THANKS in advance

Max
I sent you a PM, sorry I got back to you so late but its nice to hear from another Subie in Europe.
krueger519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #8118
09subi2.5i
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 331636
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Bronx NY/Philly PA
Vehicle:
09 impreza
paprika

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3 View Post

The front calipers will bolt up and the front calipers will slide right on too. As for the rear caliper you will need an adapter from kartboy, turn in concepts, or knsbrakes.com. Also I believe you will need the 04sti brake lines to match to the brembos. If you can afford it, I would recommend upgrading to the STI brake booster and master cylinder (slightly larger). If you search a little bit theirs a few threads that cover this really well. Hope this helps.

09subi- that's sad but funny
Also my whole car squeaks when it's cold outside in the early morning hours of the day
Good to know I'm not alone lol everytime I bring it in they always say they can't hear it.
09subi2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #8119
Cmac13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 312011
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
Vehicle:
2009 impreza 2.5i
white

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3 View Post


09subi- that's sad but funny
Also my whole car squeaks when it's cold outside in the early morning hours of the day
My car used to do that, until the t.o.b in my clutch went.... 1200 dollars later no more squeak lol
Cmac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #8120
09subi2.5i
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 331636
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Bronx NY/Philly PA
Vehicle:
09 impreza
paprika

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac13 View Post

My car used to do that, until the t.o.b in my clutch went.... 1200 dollars later no more squeak lol
T.o.b? Please explain sorry just not too familiar
09subi2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #8121
Tentonted
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 303864
Join Date: Dec 2011
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i 5d
DGM

Default

Well I don't really like to show off what I own, its not anything special, just wanted to post at least what I drive.



Not really a whole lot of upgrades, just appearance stuff on the outside, eventually getting a WRX, so don't want to spend a whole lot on this one.

I am putting headers on it with an exhaust, so that will be the big upgrade for me.
Tentonted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #8122
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tentonted View Post
Well I don't really like to show off what I own, its not anything special, just wanted to post at least what I drive.



Not really a whole lot of upgrades, just appearance stuff on the outside, eventually getting a WRX, so don't want to spend a whole lot on this one.

I am putting headers on it with an exhaust, so that will be the big upgrade for me.
That looks good man. Are those rota torques? I love that split five spoke design also what headers do you plan on getting? Btw I like your philosophy
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #8123
Tentonted
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 303864
Join Date: Dec 2011
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i 5d
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3 View Post

That looks good man. Are those rota torques? I love that split five spoke design also what headers do you plan on getting? Btw I like your philosophy
The rallisportracing 4-2-1, I have a custom axel back already on, so I am patiently waiting after 10 weeks now for the headers.

Thanks for the props
Tentonted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #8124
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue

Default

Just got new bfgoodrich g-force comp 2 tires installed today. I hit the twistys n couldn't be happier. I was out there for 3 hours lol
Steve2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #8125
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tentonted View Post

The rallisportracing 4-2-1, I have a custom axel back already on, so I am patiently waiting after 10 weeks now for the headers.

Thanks for the props
No problem man and good choice.

Steve2.5i-are you coming from the stock bridgestones? If so then, finally! Lol
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
08 2.5i and 08 Sti Suspension WRXbrother Brakes, Steering & Suspension 7 03-24-2012 02:14 PM
Will an 08 WRX intake fit an 08 2.5i? Racing101 Normally Aspirated Powertrain 26 01-19-2012 11:57 AM
08 STI Wing on 08 2.5i impreza juny102004 Interior & Exterior Modification 13 01-18-2012 09:46 AM
Will 08+ WRX gauges swap into 08+ 2.5i? Simeon Priest Interior & Exterior Modification 10 03-26-2010 02:17 PM
08 2.5i mod question deunique1 Impreza Forum 1 10-03-2007 02:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.