Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday October 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #8626
JourdanWithaU
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146287
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: NOR-CAL (South Bay Area)
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i 5D
Sunlight Gold Opal

Default

My clutch was squeaking but I haven't noticed it squeaking for a while now.

I read somewhere that it's the spot welds on the firewall coming apart. Kind of an issue.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
JourdanWithaU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #8627
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU View Post
My clutch was squeaking but I haven't noticed it squeaking for a while now.

I read somewhere that it's the spot welds on the firewall coming apart. Kind of an issue.
Yeah it starts when its usually cold out or you haven't started your car for a while. The sound for me occurs when I first initially press the clutch in and a few inches going in the opposite direction of releasing the clutch. The thread I linked has a lot of people mention the same problem, symptoms, etc.
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #8628
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2015 Subaru WRX
WR Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3 View Post
Yeah it starts when its usually cold out or you haven't started your car for a while. The sound for me occurs when I first initially press the clutch in and a few inches going in the opposite direction of releasing the clutch. The thread I linked has a lot of people mention the same problem, symptoms, etc.
Lemme know how it goes. I had the same issue a month ago but a lil lube made the problem go away for me. Probably shoulda taken it in.
Steve2.5i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #8629
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2.5i View Post

Lemme know how it goes. I had the same issue a month ago but a lil lube made the problem go away for me. Probably shoulda taken it in.
I hope they will at least look in that area, especially since the noise goes away sometimes
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #8630
Navysesal
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 305008
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2008 outback sport
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

finally get to post pictures of my car :]



my oil pressure gauge



the gap all around



most recent picture of my car

Mod List:

Cobb Adjustable short shifter
wrx 16mm rear sway bar
Kartboy rear endlinks
Perrin Subframe bushing
Stance Coilovers
Hybrid Intake
EBC redstuff brake pads
Subaru bug protector hood visor
Ebay window Rain visor
JNA 08 wrx underspoiler lip
light blue dice (5+ HP)
DDM 6k HID
Custom Footwell led light
Perrin 5 speed shift knob
custom straight pipe muffler delete
Ebay foglight overlays
Oem under driver seat subwoofer
Tints (20%rear, 50%front)


Painted some parts today


Navysesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #8631
09subi2.5i
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 331636
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Bronx NY/Philly PA
Vehicle:
09 impreza
paprika

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navysesal View Post
finally get to post pictures of my car :]

my oil pressure gauge

the gap all around

most recent picture of my car

Mod List:

Cobb Adjustable short shifter
wrx 16mm rear sway bar
Kartboy rear endlinks
Perrin Subframe bushing
Stance Coilovers
Hybrid Intake
EBC redstuff brake pads
Subaru bug protector hood visor
Ebay window Rain visor
JNA 08 wrx underspoiler lip
light blue dice (5+ HP)
DDM 6k HID
Custom Footwell led light
Perrin 5 speed shift knob
custom straight pipe muffler delete
Ebay foglight overlays
Oem under driver seat subwoofer
Tints (20%rear, 50%front)

Painted some parts today
You mean you eliminated your axle back exhaust? How does it sound? Is it really loud?
09subi2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #8632
theoutbackdream
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 301179
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Mountain View, California
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP

Default

wow didnt know you had that many mods!

btw, i thought light blue dice give 50hp+ each?
theoutbackdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #8633
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Navy, excellent mod list and pictures.

So how many of you 2.5I sedan guys run the Tsudo Catback Exhaust system with Rallisport UEL headers?
DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:27 PM   #8634
Navysesal
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 305008
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2008 outback sport
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09subi2.5i View Post
You mean you eliminated your axle back exhaust? How does it sound? Is it really loud?
i never had a axle back lol. i had the stock catback single tip. all i really did was take out the insanely large 2nd resonator. I still have the cat in the front and the resonator. It sounds nice, although it'll never be like the low rumble, theres is still enough rumble to satisfy you imo. And the occasional crackle and pop come out which i love

you'll notice the rumble a lot more when you reach 3k rpm, there is droning but music can drown it out easily. And by the time you reach 70mph+ it disappears. and yes you can talk and hear each other while you accelerating Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoutbackdream View Post
wow didnt know you had that many mods!

btw, i thought light blue dice give 50hp+ each?

Really?!?! ohh i better go back to my butt dyno then


i don't think i really did a good job painting the parts Lol, there are spots of darker sections.. or ill just call it black camo ;]
Navysesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:42 PM   #8635
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Any of you that hook an Ipod up to the AUX input only get music out of the driver side speaker?
DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:22 AM   #8636
Fendyman
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21542
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: San Francisco, CA
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza 2.5i
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie View Post
Any of you that hook an Ipod up to the AUX input only get music out of the driver side speaker?
Have you tried a different aux cable?
Fendyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:55 AM   #8637
trishHUYNH
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 248840
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle.
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza
Satin White Pearl

Default

STi spoiler is on! Pictures tomorrow!

But my next problem is that I ended up losing two bolts.



It's the ones that are in the circles. They're gone into another galaxy and I have no idea how to get them out. Help would be greatly appreciated.
trishHUYNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:11 AM   #8638
ccalsubi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 264596
Join Date: Nov 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Big Sur/Moraga, CA
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
obp

Default

Navysesal, hook it up with a muffler delete. I got quoted $150
ccalsubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:33 AM   #8639
krueger519
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336523
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Chievres, Belgium
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Maroon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie View Post
Navy, excellent mod list and pictures.

So how many of you 2.5I sedan guys run the Tsudo Catback Exhaust system with Rallisport UEL headers?
I'll let you know as soon as I get the UEL headers in.
krueger519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #8640
BWX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 236305
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Central.. NY
Vehicle:
2009 2.5i 4dr 5spd
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

Taking it to the dealership for my 30,000 mile maintenance today..

Not getting small stuff like cabin air filter or engine air filter.. but getting pretty much everything else done. They keep saying it needs a coolant flush.. my manual says it has 100,000 mile Subaru blue super coolant though.. So that's BS I think.
BWX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #8641
09subi2.5i
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 331636
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Bronx NY/Philly PA
Vehicle:
09 impreza
paprika

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWX View Post
Taking it to the dealership for my 30,000 mile maintenance today..

Not getting small stuff like cabin air filter or engine air filter.. but getting pretty much everything else done. They keep saying it needs a coolant flush.. my manual says it has 100,000 mile Subaru blue super coolant though.. So that's BS I think.
If you are skeptical of your mechanic I always find it is best to go with your gut. Get a second opinion and try to find another shop/service center. Has definitely saved me money and headaches in the past
09subi2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #8642
BWX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 236305
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Central.. NY
Vehicle:
2009 2.5i 4dr 5spd
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

They are actually pretty good. I've never had any complaints with them and I bought my car from them brand new.

They are the major Subaru dealer in this part of the state (of NY).. but I think they might be trying to get people who don't know any better to replace their coolant when it isn't necessarily needed.. but need to do a little more research before I can accuse them of that.
BWX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #8643
Cmac13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 312011
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
Vehicle:
2009 impreza 2.5i
white

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie View Post
Any of you that hook an Ipod up to the AUX input only get music out of the driver side speaker?
You are probably using a mono aux cable, try a stereo one
Cmac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #8644
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krueger519 View Post
I'll let you know as soon as I get the UEL headers in.
Look forward to video and review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac13 View Post
You are probably using a mono aux cable, try a stereo one
Ha yeah, thought of that after I posted it. Thank you though.
DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #8645
Navysesal
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 305008
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2008 outback sport
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccalsubi View Post
Navysesal, hook it up with a muffler delete. I got quoted $150
Are you located around the bay? On mobile so i cant see your location. The shop is on the peninsula
Navysesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #8646
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navysesal View Post
finally get to post pictures of my car :]

Mod List:

Cobb Adjustable short shifter
wrx 16mm rear sway bar
Kartboy rear endlinks
Perrin Subframe bushing
Stance Coilovers
Hybrid Intake
EBC redstuff brake pads
Subaru bug protector hood visor
Ebay window Rain visor
JNA 08 wrx underspoiler lip
light blue dice (5+ HP)
DDM 6k HID
Custom Footwell led light
Perrin 5 speed shift knob
custom straight pipe muffler delete
Ebay foglight overlays
Oem under driver seat subwoofer
Tints (20%rear, 50%front)
Nice modlist! You sure are catching up to the rest of us
Why is their no front lip on this list when you obviously have one pictured?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishHUYNH View Post
STi spoiler is on! Pictures tomorrow!
But my next problem is that I ended up losing two bolts.
It's the ones that are in the circles. They're gone into another galaxy and I have no idea how to get them out. Help would be greatly appreciated.
I did that exact same thing!
Get a bright flashlight so you can pinpoint where the bolts actually are and when you may be getting them close to the hole. Get a long screw driver or a telescoping magnet? Also your best bet is to get it through where the brake light/windshield washier fluid tubes go b/c of the bigger hole.
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #8647
Digital Dillon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288727
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Sturbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX premium
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie

Look forward to video and review!

Ha yeah, thought of that after I posted it. Thank you though.
Also, check that it's plugged in all the way on both ends. If your phone/MP3 player has a case, remove it and try.
Digital Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #8648
09subi2.5i
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 331636
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Bronx NY/Philly PA
Vehicle:
09 impreza
paprika

Default

Hey don't really know how I should pull those clips out inside my trunk to get to my trunk trim so I can take it out and paint it. I have a 4dr. Looks like they just get pulled right out? But seems like a lot if stress
09subi2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #8649
Navysesal
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 305008
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2008 outback sport
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3 View Post
Nice modlist! You sure are catching up to the rest of us
Why is their no front lip on this list when you obviously have one pictured?
Yeah haha, i havent posted a picture or mod list since i got this car back in 2011. I started to mod more heavily around the summer of 2012

I do have it listed lol JNA 08 wrx underspoiler lip im thinking of selling that one and grabbing something that protrudes out more tho :P


Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Dillon View Post

Also, check that it's plugged in all the way on both ends. If your phone/MP3 player has a case, remove it and try.
If thats not the case it could be the connector on the car itself or the wire/connection behind it
Navysesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #8650
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Dillon View Post
Also, check that it's plugged in all the way on both ends. If your phone/MP3 player has a case, remove it and try.
Bought a Belkin hook-up, now have music playing from my AUX in all speakers. Quick $9 fix.
DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
08 2.5i and 08 Sti Suspension WRXbrother Brakes, Steering & Suspension 7 03-24-2012 02:14 PM
Will an 08 WRX intake fit an 08 2.5i? Racing101 Normally Aspirated Powertrain 26 01-19-2012 11:57 AM
08 STI Wing on 08 2.5i impreza juny102004 Interior & Exterior Modification 13 01-18-2012 09:46 AM
Will 08+ WRX gauges swap into 08+ 2.5i? Simeon Priest Interior & Exterior Modification 10 03-26-2010 02:17 PM
08 2.5i mod question deunique1 Impreza Forum 1 10-03-2007 02:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.