Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday December 28, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 02:23 PM   #8926
Sellars21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304055
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Rallisport
UEL Headers Magnaflow CBE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie

Checked my ECM and that is fine, relay is fine, pump is fine. It must be a ground somewhere but knowone has a diagram showing what ground relays are for the ignition/ECM. I currently have my car running by installing a kill switch for my fuel pump so i'm manually turning my pump on/off before I start the car. Problem isn't fix 100% but my car is drive-able and now my car can't be stolen.

I will try that before trying a 3 ohm resistor.
You should do a little write up on the fuel pump kill switch. Sounds like something I would like go have.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Sellars21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #8927
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellars21 View Post
You should do a little write up on the fuel pump kill switch. Sounds like something I would like go have.
Ha, have alot of things I could do a write-up on for this 2.5i MY08-10 platform vehicle already. Once i'm settled in and not running around doing all these things, just might.
DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:30 PM   #8928
Sellars21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304055
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Rallisport
UEL Headers Magnaflow CBE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie

Ha, have alot of things I could do a write-up on for this 2.5i MY08-10 platform vehicle already. Once i'm settled in and not running around doing all these things, just might.
I think I just like the idea of more switches, to have your own start up procedure, because racecar
Sellars21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #8929
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellars21 View Post
I think I just like the idea of more switches, to have your own start up procedure, because racecar

Screw racecar, my inspiration is cockpit of a Falcon50.

DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:39 PM   #8930
Aredilla
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 292162
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage
Vehicle:
2010 impreza 2.5i
paprika

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie View Post

Screw racecar, my inspiration is cockpit of a Falcon50.
Because jetplane.
Aredilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:42 PM   #8931
Slow Scoobie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 320464
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Monmouth, NJ
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT
ABP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirknJirkn13 View Post

What suspension do you have?
Fortune Auto 500 coilovers.

Last edited by Slow Scoobie; 01-31-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Slow Scoobie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:47 PM   #8932
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15 View Post
You need to disconnect your battery and unplug both front seats. Plug them back in and then the battery last.
Have you done this before yourself Fancy, did it work 100%?
DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:14 PM   #8933
Rhefqab
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 259892
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle area
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
SSM

Default Front lip paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3 View Post
I rattle-caned mine lol. Plus you feel better knowing that you made it that way
I am waiting for the weather to get a little better before I spray mine. Did you use any primer & clear coat or anything? Also, did you use factory paint or just a similar color?
Rhefqab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:42 PM   #8934
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhefqab View Post

I am waiting for the weather to get a little better before I spray mine. Did you use any primer & clear coat or anything? Also, did you use factory paint or just a similar color?
I used Rustoleums "Metallic paint and primer primer in one". I used their Titanium Silver color. Before anything I wet sanded the entire thing since the quality wasn't perfect. It has some flakes in it which surprisingly matches very well to SSM. All I can say is take your time and do at least 3-4 coats. I rushed and ended up having to wet sand the new layer of paint
I noticed you have SSM too. You can pick up the same can at a local Home Depot or order it online lol.
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:23 PM   #8935
Sellars21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304055
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Rallisport
UEL Headers Magnaflow CBE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie

Screw racecar, my inspiration is cockpit of a Falcon50.
That reminds me, anyone do a oil pressure/ temp gauge. I'm thinking it would look good in the smy dual gauge hood

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/SMY-...Gauge-Pod-52mm
Sellars21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:08 PM   #8936
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie View Post

Have you done this before yourself Fancy, did it work 100%?
Yes. I had the exact same problem you are having. I was in a rush to get it all back in and plugged in the battery before the driver seat.
fancyfootwork15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #8937
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15 View Post
Yes. I had the exact same problem you are having. I was in a rush to get it all back in and plugged in the battery before the driver seat.
Well thank you, definately good to know. When I double checked... found out a connection wasn't plugged under the passenger seat.
DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #8938
BSP671
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 288190
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Guam
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
Spark Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Scoobie View Post


Just snapped a photo of my Prez midway through a wash to get all the salt off.
You maxed out on your Fortune500's? Im already maxed on my Extreme Lows and the rear sits too high for my liking. Thought it could go lower but i guess its for the WRX kits that were taken into consideration. How high are you from ground to the top of the fender? Need to take some measurements tomorrow cuz its a little late.
BSP671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #8939
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Any of you guys run Magnaflow Catback on your 2.5i's or know anyone who does?

Specifically this sytem... http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=all&id=9771

It states that it mates up directly to the 08 Impreza WRX Sedan OEM cat, do any of you guys know if the OEM Cat on the WRX Sedan is the same as the OEM cat on a 2.5I sedan?

Only reason I ask is because the Tsudo Performance Catback a few of you run is stated to be ONLY for the WRX sedan model but you guys run it on your 2.5I sedans.

http://www.speed-element.com/servlet...muffler/Detail

Thanks guys!
DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #8940
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie View Post
Any of you guys run Magnaflow Catback on your 2.5i's or know anyone who does?

Specifically this sytem... http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=all&id=9771

It states that it mates up directly to the 08 Impreza WRX Sedan OEM cat, do any of you guys know if the OEM Cat on the WRX Sedan is the same as the OEM cat on a 2.5I sedan?

Only reason I ask is because the Tsudo Performance Catback a few of you run is stated to be ONLY for the WRX sedan model but you guys run it on your 2.5I sedans.

http://www.speed-element.com/servlet...muffler/Detail

Thanks guys!
I recommend you start from the beginning of this thread and read everything. Almost all of your questions have been covered numerous times.

But to answer your question, yes. Any 08-10 wrx exhaust will fit your car.
fancyfootwork15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #8941
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15 View Post
I recommend you start from the beginning of this thread and read everything. Almost all of your questions have been covered numerous times.

But to answer your question, yes. Any 08-10 wrx exhaust will fit your car.

Apologize to all you guys who know this car inside / out. I've been trying to get through all 358 pages, slowly.
DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #8942
Navysesal
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 305008
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2008 outback sport
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellars21 View Post

That reminds me, anyone do a oil pressure/ temp gauge. I'm thinking it would look good in the smy dual gauge hood

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/SMY-...Gauge-Pod-52mm
I did mines, i used a prosport premium. What would you like to know my child? jkjk, ask away
Navysesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #8943
JourdanWithaU
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146287
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: NOR-CAL (South Bay Area)
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i 5D
Sunlight Gold Opal

Default

I've got water temp and oil pres.




The install was... fun.

JourdanWithaU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #8944
Sellars21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304055
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Rallisport
UEL Headers Magnaflow CBE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navysesal

I did mines, i used a prosport premium. What would you like to know my child? jkjk, ask away
Quote:
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
I've got water temp and oil pres.

The install was... fun.
What sender did you guys use? I hope not a sandwich type, herd bad things. And where did put it. I know of two location on the block other than the filter. I take it you both used a digital feed?

And the interior portion of the install looks like bitch from that pic.

I had a whole package picked out, but everything has to wait. I don't mod in the winter. Too cold.

Jordan what's the make on those gauges, are they passport as well, they match perfectly.
Sellars21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #8945
Slow Scoobie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 320464
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Monmouth, NJ
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT
ABP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSP671 View Post

You maxed out on your Fortune500's? Im already maxed on my Extreme Lows and the rear sits too high for my liking. Thought it could go lower but i guess its for the WRX kits that were taken into consideration. How high are you from ground to the top of the fender? Need to take some measurements tomorrow cuz its a little late.
The rears aren't maxed out and have an inch of thread left and the fronts have about 5 threads left before max. Front 23.5inchs Rear 23.5inchs
Slow Scoobie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #8946
Navysesal
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 305008
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2008 outback sport
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellars21 View Post

What sender did you guys use? I hope not a sandwich type, herd bad things. And where did put it. I know of two location on the block other than the filter. I take it you both used a digital feed?

And the interior portion of the install looks like bitch from that pic.

I had a whole package picked out, but everything has to wait. I don't mod in the winter. Too cold.

Jordan what's the make on those gauges, are they passport as well, they match perfectly.

I used the stock sender. The premium prosport give you a smaller sender that fits in the gallery plug area. I used the gallery plug, and Jourdan used a sandwich plate.

Yep mines electronic, there's nothing wrong with a sandwich plate, but if your gonna be running pressures and temp, might as well use the plate. You just need too make sure the plate is sealed correctly.

I actually didn't do what Jourdan did for the install of the power supply for the gauges; just hooked them up to the fuse box. And the prosport has a daisy chain so i can just hook up the power from my oil pressure gauge
Navysesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #8947
Sellars21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304055
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Rallisport
UEL Headers Magnaflow CBE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navysesal

I used the stock sender. The premium prosport give you a smaller sender that fits in the gallery plug area. I used the gallery plug, and Jourdan used a sandwich plate.

Yep mines electronic, there's nothing wrong with a sandwich plate, but if your gonna be running pressures and temp, might as well use the plate. You just need too make sure the plate is sealed correctly.

I actually didn't do what Jourdan did for the install of the power supply for the gauges; just hooked them up to the fuse box. And the prosport has a daisy chain so i can just hook up the power from my oil pressure gauge
I figured pressure and temp because most electronic galley senders have two hookups anyway.

I didn't know about being able to use the stock sender. I though it was just a yes/no sender because we do not have a stock gauge?
Sellars21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #8948
Navysesal
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 305008
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2008 outback sport
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellars21 View Post

I figured pressure and temp because most electronic galley senders have two hookups anyway.

I didn't know about being able to use the stock sender. I though it was just a yes/no sender because we do not have a stock gauge?
I meant the sender prosport gives you lol, sorry
Navysesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #8949
Sellars21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304055
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Rallisport
UEL Headers Magnaflow CBE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navysesal

I meant the sender prosport gives you lol, sorry
And did you use the galley at the front of the block of the alternator or the towards the back on the passenger side?
Sellars21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:54 PM   #8950
Sellars21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304055
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Rallisport
UEL Headers Magnaflow CBE

Default

Jordan, how do you do a coolant temp? I already used one plug for my block heater, hope there's more than one.
Sellars21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
08 2.5i and 08 Sti Suspension WRXbrother Brakes, Steering & Suspension 7 03-24-2012 03:14 PM
Will an 08 WRX intake fit an 08 2.5i? Racing101 Normally Aspirated Powertrain 26 01-19-2012 12:57 PM
08 STI Wing on 08 2.5i impreza juny102004 Interior & Exterior Modification 13 01-18-2012 10:46 AM
Will 08+ WRX gauges swap into 08+ 2.5i? Simeon Priest Interior & Exterior Modification 10 03-26-2010 03:17 PM
08 2.5i mod question deunique1 Impreza Forum 1 10-03-2007 03:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.