Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday December 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #9401
09subi2.5i
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 331636
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Bronx NY/Philly PA
Vehicle:
09 impreza
paprika

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daigledangle8 View Post
Cobb el headers are going on tomorrow.. Catless 2.5 inch full exhaust

Ill let you guys know if I notice a difference. I'm expecting a slight increase in top end power.
Where did you find those headers?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
09subi2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #9402
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2015 Subaru WRX
WR Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellars21 View Post

Those things are stupid expensive. 169 American, that like 450 Canadian
Makes me wonder if the obdII to USB work with rom raider. Those cost like 10 USD
Steve2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #9403
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

So does anyone know where I could find more pictures of 2.5i Impreza sedans/hatches rocking 17" Rota Grids?

I found this WRX Sedan running the exact wheel/tire specs on stock suspension.... 17x9 42et with 235/45/17 tires...




In the pictures above, the 9" wheels do NOT poke, which is good. Now I wonder how much the WRX body flares out compared to our sedan bodies.


and for reference this is a 2008 WRX sedan with 17x9" / 42ET....



So I wonder... how much poke will I have with the 17x9 Grids on 235/45/17 tires with stock suspension? Anyone know or have a wheel close to those specs on their NON-WRX car?

Dan, what is the width/offset on your gold 17" wheels?
Where is the cheapest place to buy crappy Raceland coil-overs?
DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #9404
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Just go to the 08-10 WRX thread, or the Rota thread.

The cheapest place to buy Racelands is Racelands website. Or used, which if you can't afford already dirt cheap coilovers you should just leave your suspension stock.
fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #9405
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15 View Post
Just go to the 08-10 WRX thread, or the Rota thread.

The cheapest place to buy Racelands is Racelands website. Or used, which if you can't afford already dirt cheap coilovers you should just leave your suspension stock.
Thanks, already scanned both those threads, so I guess i've seen all NASIOC has to offer for Grids on Subie Sedans.

Not a matter of not being able to afford it or not... but this is just a beater daily driver, just trying to find the absolute cheapest price possible, figured someone may have a connection. Thank you.
DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #9406
Digital Dillon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288727
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Sturbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX premium
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15
Just go to the 08-10 WRX thread, or the Rota thread.

The cheapest place to buy Racelands is Racelands website. Or used, which if you can't afford already dirt cheap coilovers you should just leave your suspension stock.
You can only buy Raceland products directly from them or used
Digital Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #9407
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie View Post
Thanks, already scanned both those threads, so I guess i've seen all NASIOC has to offer for Grids on Subie Sedans.

Not a matter of not being able to afford it or not... but this is just a beater daily driver, just trying to find the absolute cheapest price possible, figured someone may have a connection. Thank you.
Sorry, didn't mean to impose you can't afford them. Just saying they cheap.
fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #9408
DirknJirkn13
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 249696
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: FL
Vehicle:
2010 Outback Sport
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2.5i View Post
what is the recommended mi to change out the spark plugs? via (dealer/book)
When I went in for my 30k service, I was told that they don't need to be changed until 60k.
DirknJirkn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #9409
NH8991
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 197937
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Montreal, QC
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
Mk7 Golf R incoming

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daigledangle8 View Post
Cobb el headers are going on tomorrow.. Catless 2.5 inch full exhaust

Ill let you guys know if I notice a difference. I'm expecting a slight increase in top end power.
If the Cobb header is half decent (no reason to see why it wouldn't be) you should definitely notice the difference. When my EL went on I noticed more pull everywhere in the rev range, with a lot more (relatively speaking) torque low down. At the time this was still with the stock tune, and prior to installing the cams. Slightly different setup to you though, i'm running a high-flow cat and 2.25" exhaust (and a different header).
NH8991 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #9410
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Dillon View Post
You can only buy Raceland products directly from them or used
Thanks. $530 shipped to my door, not bad. Just don't want to lower this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15 View Post
Sorry, didn't mean to impose you can't afford them. Just saying they cheap.
Dan, what is the offset/width of your 17" wheels? Your on stock suspension, correct?

Digging this look, WRX hatch on stock suspension iwht 18x9.5" Grids....




2008 STi hatch with 17x9 42et wheels, exact size I want to do...


If I purchase 17x9" 42et wheels on my stock suspension 2.5i sedan and get this exact look...i'd be extremely pleased and hopefully unique amongst the 2.5i sedan dudes. Minus the Grid wheel part.
DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #9411
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie View Post
Thanks. $530 shipped to my door, not bad. Just don't want to lower this car.



Dan, what is the offset/width of your 17" wheels? Your on stock suspension, correct?

Digging this look, WRX hatch on stock suspension iwht 18x9.5" Grids....
If you are asking me what about my wheels they are 17x7.5" +48. All stock suspension until it get's warmer out. My name isn't Dan btw. LOL

That first WRX you posted is Derek's car. He's local to me. Cool dude
fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #9412
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15 View Post
If you are asking me what about my wheels they are 17x7.5" +48. All stock suspension until it get's warmer out. My name isn't Dan btw. LOL

That first WRX you posted is Derek's car. He's local to me. Cool dude
****, sorry dude.

The WRX hatch on gold Grids? I'm a huge fan.
DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #9413
BWX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 236305
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Central.. NY
Vehicle:
2009 2.5i 4dr 5spd
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirknJirkn13 View Post
When I went in for my 30k service, I was told that they don't need to be changed until 60k.
You should have told them to RTFM. LOL.. It is 30k.
BWX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #9414
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Found new inspiration. 17x8 with 245/45 tires. Agressive concave still looks decent and the offset won't be as agressive with our narrower body lines on stock suspension.

Cargasmic's hatch with 17x8 35et Grids installed...
DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #9415
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie View Post
****, sorry dude.

The WRX hatch on gold Grids? I'm a huge fan.
Yeah. He actually just did a motor pull. Lots of new stuff going in.

Him, a few other local guys and NF Performance did all the work. Same with Xlubens car and some other cars here on Nasioc.

fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #9416
09subi2.5i
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 331636
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Bronx NY/Philly PA
Vehicle:
09 impreza
paprika

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH8991 View Post

If the Cobb header is half decent (no reason to see why it wouldn't be) you should definitely notice the difference. When my EL went on I noticed more pull everywhere in the rev range, with a lot more (relatively speaking) torque low down. At the time this was still with the stock tune, and prior to installing the cams. Slightly different setup to you though, i'm running a high-flow cat and 2.25" exhaust (and a different header).
Delta 1500's? Please give me a slight review. And did you install yourself? I've been really interested in this mod. But I am timid of installation costs.
09subi2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #9417
Cmac13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 312011
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
Vehicle:
2009 impreza 2.5i
white

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie View Post

****, sorry dude.

The WRX hatch on gold Grids? I'm a huge fan.
[IMG][/IMG]

Cmac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #9418
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Cmac, i've seen that hatch on Wheeldude before, simply gorgeous. I feel like those Grids have a super agressive offset. I'm going to pull the trigger on a set of the 17x8 Gold 35ET Grids for my stock suspension set up. Cargasmic was my inspiration with her STI hatch.
DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #9419
JourdanWithaU
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146287
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: NOR-CAL (South Bay Area)
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i 5D
Sunlight Gold Opal

Default

+35 is a rather aggressive offset.
JourdanWithaU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #9420
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU View Post
+35 is a rather aggressive offset.
Yeah but the 17x9 42ET Grids would poke another 6mm over the 17x8 35ET Grids.
DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:25 PM   #9421
Silver08Waggs
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 283606
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Red Bank,NJ
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
Silver

Default

You guys think 17x7 with a +48 offset would sit flushish with the fender got the chance to pick up a set of oz superleggera with tires for $ 500ish
Silver08Waggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #9422
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver08Waggs View Post
You guys think 17x7 with a +48 offset would sit flushish with the fender got the chance to pick up a set of oz superleggera with tires for $ 500ish
Those 17x7's with that 48ET would only extend an extra 13mm towards the fender compared to the OEM 16x6.5 55ET wheels.
DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:42 PM   #9423
Silver08Waggs
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 283606
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Red Bank,NJ
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie View Post

Those 17x7's with that 48ET would only extend an extra 13mm towards the fender compared to the OEM 16x6.5 55ET wheels.
So not a ton I'm gonna test fit them and see, I wanted a 17x8 with 45 offset so idk what I'm gonna do
Silver08Waggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #9424
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver08Waggs View Post
So not a ton I'm gonna test fit them and see, I wanted a 17x8 with 45 offset so idk what I'm gonna do
Yeah, a 17x8 45ET will extend ANOTHER 13mm ontop of a 17x7 45ET.

So going from the stock 16x6.5 55ET to a 17x8 45ET would be going 29mm closer to the fender. Take measuring tools and do some estimates.
DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #9425
Silver08Waggs
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 283606
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Red Bank,NJ
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie View Post

Yeah, a 17x8 45ET will extend ANOTHER 13mm ontop of a 17x7 45ET.

So going from the stock 16x6.5 55ET to a 17x8 45ET would be going 29mm closer to the fender. Take measuring tools and do some estimates.
Ok so I would have to do half inch and the difference between the off set to get what the 17x7 would be right?
Silver08Waggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
08 2.5i and 08 Sti Suspension WRXbrother Brakes, Steering & Suspension 7 03-24-2012 03:14 PM
Will an 08 WRX intake fit an 08 2.5i? Racing101 Normally Aspirated Powertrain 26 01-19-2012 12:57 PM
08 STI Wing on 08 2.5i impreza juny102004 Interior & Exterior Modification 13 01-18-2012 10:46 AM
Will 08+ WRX gauges swap into 08+ 2.5i? Simeon Priest Interior & Exterior Modification 10 03-26-2010 03:17 PM
08 2.5i mod question deunique1 Impreza Forum 1 10-03-2007 03:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.