Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday July 11, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #10426
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Scoobie View Post
1. Connect Battery
2. Turn car on and let idle
3. Wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3 View Post
+1, also post up some pics of the dual-lip setup as well please!
thanks
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Steve2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #10427
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Reid, just saw your like on my Tumblr, your pictures are amazing! Are you taking the Subie to SoWO in GA? Would love to get some rollers.
DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:56 AM   #10428
theoutbackdream
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 301179
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Mountain View, California
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP

Default

I couldn't find a buyer, so parents just keeping the OBS..... Opted to use the OBS as a Daily, and the WRX as a weekend driver.

today I painted oem wheels white just to see how it looks.. Kinda like it..

$6 for 2 cans of paint and $3 for sand paper.. Not too bad..
theoutbackdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:15 AM   #10429
Bubakanush
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 209975
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Egg Harbor Twp, South Jersey
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza 2.5i
SGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoutbackdream View Post
I couldn't find a buyer, so parents just keeping the OBS..... Opted to use the OBS as a Daily, and the WRX as a weekend driver.

today I painted oem wheels white just to see how it looks.. Kinda like it..

$6 for 2 cans of paint and $3 for sand paper.. Not too bad..
They came out really good judging from that pic. Very nice!
Bubakanush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #10430
reide181
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 276915
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh (South Hills)
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza OBS
Steel/Spark Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie View Post
Reid, just saw your like on my Tumblr, your pictures are amazing! Are you taking the Subie to SoWO in GA? Would love to get some rollers.
Thank you sir! I will be going to OC but not SoWO :/
reide181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #10431
Slow Scoobie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 320464
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Monmouth, NJ
Vehicle:
09 2.S"low"
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie View Post
SlowScoobie, I demand more pictures! Those Gold grids are the wheels i've been wanting for my 2.5i.

Please share suspension and wheel specs.
Well they're not rota grids lol. They are XXR 522's (a lot of people hate on XXR they can suck a D) they are 17x9 +42 (rota grids are also available in this size) the tires are 235/45/17s and the suspension is Fortune Auto 500 coilovers. To be honest the only reason I went with the XXR 522 over the Rota grids was because the XXR's were more concave.

I will post picture of the lip on lip action however it will be around the end of the week, beginning of next week.

Last edited by Slow Scoobie; 05-12-2013 at 03:29 AM.
Slow Scoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #10432
zsniperz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 352610
Join Date: Apr 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Scoobie View Post

I will post picture of the lip on lip action however it will be around the end of the week.
Cool! Looking forward to see pics!
zsniperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #10433
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reide181 View Post
Thank you sir! I will be going to OC but not SoWO :/
Gotchya, I will be at H20 as well so we will have to meet up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Scoobie View Post
Well they're not rota grids lol. They are XXR 522's (a lot of people hate on XXR they can suck a D) they are 17x9 +42 (rota grids are also available in this size) the tires are 235/45/17s and the suspension is Fortune Auto 500 coilovers. To be honest the only reason I went with the XXR 522 over the Rota grids was because the XXR's were more concave.

I will post picture of the lip on lip action however it will be around the end of the week.
Yeah after I posted that I figured they were XXR's. Really look forward to more pictures because i've been interested in the Grid 17x9 42ET if infact I do decide to swap coils onto my Subaru. Not slammed like you, but lowered.
DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:29 PM   #10434
s1eepR
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335330
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 5DR
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by campanozzi View Post
Did somebody ever swapped a WRX cluster in a 08-11 2.5i? I really want to do it !
This. I like the white electroluminescent better. But how can the ODOs be matched?
s1eepR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #10435
Mondo1320
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335805
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: eastern, PA
Vehicle:
2008 Outback Sport
Black

Default

This is my 2008 outback sport. Its on Rota Torques with 225/45 Toyos. Its an exedy stage one wrx clutch. I have 2.5" stainless cat back on the way. Eventually im getting a short ram, whiteline rear sway, sti engine mounts, and BC BRs.
Mondo1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #10436
Slow Scoobie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 320464
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Monmouth, NJ
Vehicle:
09 2.S"low"
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Any one know where I can get spray paint in Subaru colors?
Slow Scoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #10437
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Scoobie View Post
Any one know where I can get spray paint in Subaru colors?
Grimmspeed offers a few choices.
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #10438
09subi2.5i
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 331636
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Bronx NY/Philly PA
Vehicle:
09 impreza
paprika

Default

Alright I know I posted this before but I was still deciding if it was worth keeping, but I am too content with my Wrx. So I am selling my tactrix cable. $150 shipped. PM me if interested.
09subi2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #10439
AlexU
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 212486
Join Date: May 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh
Vehicle:
2009 Imperza
Dark Grey

Default

Hey guys! I just picked up a SPT cat-back for my 2.5i off of craigslist for $200. The hardware to connect the mufflers to the rear pipe is there, but none of the gaskets or the spring clamp is there. I have never done an exhaust before and not sure how to approach this.

I am assuming I will need to order new gaskets for each of the mufflers to the rear pipe and from the rear pipe to mid pipe. Can I reuse my spring clamp or do I need to order a wrx one? Is there anything else I need to order?


*rear pipe not pictured

I really appreciate your help and this is all new to me.
-A
AlexU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #10440
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexU View Post
Hey guys! I just picked up a SPT cat-back for my 2.5i off of craigslist for $200. The hardware to connect the mufflers to the rear pipe is there, but none of the gaskets or the spring clamp is there. I have never done an exhaust before and not sure how to approach this.

I am assuming I will need to order new gaskets for each of the mufflers to the rear pipe and from the rear pipe to mid pipe. Can I reuse my spring clamp or do I need to order a wrx one? Is there anything else I need to order?
*rear pipe not pictured

I really appreciate your help and this is all new to me.
-A
I have this and already stated all the necessary parts. Just do an SPT search and it will come up. Or browse through this thread. I don't wanna re-post. You are going to need to buy the kit from the dealership.

EDIT:

Here's all of your answers for you..

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...88144&page=312

Last edited by fancyfootwork15; 05-08-2013 at 09:55 PM.
fancyfootwork15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #10441
campanozzi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336415
Join Date: Oct 2012
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza limited
Black

Default

Hey guys here is my 2011 2.5i limited
H&R sport springs
Pirelli Pzero 225 45 R17
Fast hayaku 17x8+35
Kartboy pitch stop
K&N drop in air filter
and my short shift is to come
Cheers


campanozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #10442
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by campanozzi View Post
Hey guys here is my 2011 2.5i limited
H&R sport springs
Pirelli Pzero 225 45 R17
Fast hayaku 17x8+35
Kartboy pitch stop
K&N drop in air filter
and my short shift is to come
Cheers
Looks good.. Need more pics!
fancyfootwork15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #10443
Sellars21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304055
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Rallisport
UEL Headers Magnaflow CBE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Scoobie

Well they're not rota grids lol. They are XXR 522's (a lot of people hate on XXR they can suck a D) they are 17x9 +42 (rota grids are also available in this size) the tires are 235/45/17s and the suspension is Fortune Auto 500 coilovers. To be honest the only reason I went with the XXR 522 over the Rota grids was because the XXR's were more concave.

I will post picture of the lip on lip action however it will be around the end of the week.
Where did you pick up your XXR's from?

Also, did anyone do a write up on their MC brace?
Sellars21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #10444
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellars21 View Post

Where did you pick up your XXR's from?

Also, did anyone do a write up on their MC brace?
I have a post on my MC brace. It's pretty straight forward. Which one did you get?
fancyfootwork15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #10445
Slow Scoobie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 320464
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Monmouth, NJ
Vehicle:
09 2.S"low"
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellars21 View Post

Where did you pick up your XXR's from?

Also, did anyone do a write up on their MC brace?
Nlmotoring.com over the past couple of Weeks I was surprised to see they had almost all xxrs in stock in all sizes and colors but idk if thats still the case.
Slow Scoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #10446
Sellars21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304055
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Rallisport
UEL Headers Magnaflow CBE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15

I have a post on my MC brace. It's pretty straight forward. Which one did you get?
Nothing yet until I can find some cheap 4/2 pots. Modding kinda got put on hold, got sucked into a few wedding/bachelor trips down south worth about a new tire, rim, brake and koni setup FML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Scoobie

Nlmotoring.com over the past couple of Weeks I was surprised to see they had almost all xxrs in stock in all sizes and colors but idk if thats still the case.
Thanks Slow.
Sellars21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #10447
AlexU
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 212486
Join Date: May 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh
Vehicle:
2009 Imperza
Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15 View Post
I have this and already stated all the necessary parts. Just do an SPT search and it will come up. Or browse through this thread. I don't wanna re-post. You are going to need to buy the kit from the dealership.

EDIT:

Here's all of your answers for you..

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...88144&page=312
Thanks a ton!

Looks like I am going to need:
x2 Springs 44044AA010
x2 Bolts 44059AA010
x2 Nuts 802008270
x1 Donut Gasket 44022AA123


Also, to attach the mufflers together and that to the mid pipe are gaskets needed or can I just use RTV?
AlexU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #10448
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexU View Post

Thanks a ton!

Looks like I am going to need:
x2 Springs 44044AA010
x2 Bolts 44059AA010
x2 Nuts 802008270
x1 Donut Gasket 44022AA123

Also, to attach the mufflers together and that to the mid pipe are gaskets needed or can I just use RTV?
I'd use a gasket if I were you. Take a video after install if you are keeping your stock mid pipe. I'm curious how loud they will be.
fancyfootwork15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #10449
AlexU
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 212486
Join Date: May 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh
Vehicle:
2009 Imperza
Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15 View Post
I'd use a gasket if I were you. Take a video after install if you are keeping your stock mid pipe. I'm curious how loud they will be.
I was considering doing that. I was assuming that there would be less loss of low end power. Will the axel back SPT mate to the stock midpipe or do I a 2.5" to 3" adapter?

Gasket wise, would standard 3" 2 bolt gaskets work?

AlexU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #10450
krueger519
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336523
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Chievres, Belgium
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Maroon

Default

New EBC Rotors and Brake Pads are on and the car is coming together pretty nice.
Next purchase is the suspension then wrapping the car. Here are some pics of old to new.

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]
krueger519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
08 2.5i and 08 Sti Suspension WRXbrother Brakes, Steering & Suspension 7 03-24-2012 02:14 PM
Will an 08 WRX intake fit an 08 2.5i? Racing101 Normally Aspirated Powertrain 26 01-19-2012 11:57 AM
08 STI Wing on 08 2.5i impreza juny102004 Interior & Exterior Modification 13 01-18-2012 09:46 AM
Will 08+ WRX gauges swap into 08+ 2.5i? Simeon Priest Interior & Exterior Modification 10 03-26-2010 02:17 PM
08 2.5i mod question deunique1 Impreza Forum 1 10-03-2007 02:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.