Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday August 27, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #11601
SCNEot
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 344260
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New Hampshire
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza OBS
Sage Green

Default

My car got a nice dent, right under the drivers door, no note or anything, cowards
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SCNEot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #11602
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCNEot View Post
My car got a nice dent, right under the drivers door, no note or anything, cowards
Sorry to hear it man :/ happened to me again recently. Nice little ding on my drivers door. Thankfully its not an eye sore or noticeable unless your looking for it. You going to get it repaired or leave it as is?
Steve2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:26 PM   #11603
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fendyman View Post
Here's mine...
Looks great good sir! What wheels are you running again? I literally was staring at your lip for a good ten minutes when I found your car. I'm really tempted to get rid of the oem replica lip and just get one like yours; at least if I don't run both at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU View Post
Nah, you got my car before I put on a bunch of decals.
Those decals add major HP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15 View Post
51k. No idea, I had a buddy do it for me. I don't have the tools or space . He charged me $120 though.
Okay no worries, guess I'll have to do some research in the owners manual lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navysesal View Post
Nice photos, lol. Im surprised i didn't see you, your car looks nice tho. I was selling raffle tickets with a friend. But i had to leave as soon as the raffle started, had to pick someone up for church.
Thanks man and I think I saw you once, but it's been so long since I saw you last lol. No worries, everyone has their priorities
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #11604
Fendyman
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21542
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: San Francisco, CA
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza 2.5i
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3 View Post
Looks great good sir! What wheels are you running again? I literally was staring at your lip for a good ten minutes when I found your car. I'm really tempted to get rid of the oem replica lip and just get one like yours; at least if I don't run both at the same time.
I was doing the same thing at your car... especially that bling-bling LED light.

Advan RCII 17x8.5 +45 w/ Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec 235/40R17 from my old WRX.
Fendyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #11605
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fendyman View Post
I was doing the same thing at your car... especially that bling-bling LED light.

Advan RCII 17x8.5 +45 w/ Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec 235/40R17 from my old WRX.
that's awesome. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I was the only one at the event with a LED lightbar.

That is literally the perfect wheel/tire setup. I'm jealous you have the version 1 starspec's as the new one's aren't as good apprently. I bet those wheels are pretty light as well? Like 15lbs or so? Next time you need tires, you should bump up to 245's though
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #11606
.HaVoK.
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 229726
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Westchester County
Vehicle:
'09 2.Slow
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2.5i View Post
Sorry to hear it man :/ happened to me again recently. Nice little ding on my drivers door. Thankfully its not an eye sore or noticeable unless your looking for it. You going to get it repaired or leave it as is?
I feel you guys. I have 7 on the driver side and 2 on the passenger side. I hate inconsiderate people. Unfortunately I live by too many.
.HaVoK. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #11607
premier00000
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 251060
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Schenectady, NY
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza Outback
Black

Default

I have quite a few dents... but still far less than chips in the paint... its like the paint is as soft as a wet tissue.
premier00000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #11608
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier00000 View Post
I have quite a few dents... but still far less than chips in the paint... its like the paint is as soft as a wet tissue.
My front bumper loves to chip. I love washing my car but I also hate washing it because thats when I find all the paint chips damn soft wet tissue paint.
Steve2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #11609
Sellars21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304055
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Rallisport
UEL Headers Magnaflow CBE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier00000
I have quite a few dents... but still far less than chips in the paint... its like the paint is as soft as a wet tissue.
Had an autistic child I work with haul off and boot my rear door the other day, I've got size 6 dents now.
Sellars21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #11610
JourdanWithaU
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146287
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: NOR-CAL (South Bay Area)
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i 5D
Sunlight Gold Opal

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3 View Post
that's awesome. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I was the only one at the event with a LED lightbar.

That is literally the perfect wheel/tire setup. I'm jealous you have the version 1 starspec's as the new one's aren't as good apprently. I bet those wheels are pretty light as well? Like 15lbs or so? Next time you need tires, you should bump up to 245's though
Where did you hear that? I daily 235/45/17 Z1s and race 205/55/16 ZIIs. I've also raced the Z1s a couple times, I think the ZIIs are much better.
JourdanWithaU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #11611
premier00000
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 251060
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Schenectady, NY
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza Outback
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2.5i View Post
My front bumper loves to chip. I love washing my car but I also hate washing it because thats when I find all the paint chips damn soft wet tissue paint.

I have a bandaid sticker covering the biggest dent I have, where the paint actually cracked and flaked off. $3 or $4 fix.
premier00000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #11612
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU View Post

Where did you hear that? I daily 235/45/17 Z1s and race 205/55/16 ZIIs. I've also raced the Z1s a couple times, I think the ZIIs are much better.
A few of my buddies (s2k, 04 STI, and a 350z) they mention the sidewall is much softer. As well as TireRack reviews lol
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #11613
.HaVoK.
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 229726
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Westchester County
Vehicle:
'09 2.Slow
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier00000 View Post
I have a bandaid sticker covering the biggest dent I have, where the paint actually cracked and flaked off. $3 or $4 fix.
Same. Front passenger fender.
.HaVoK. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #11614
premier00000
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 251060
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Schenectady, NY
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza Outback
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .HaVoK. View Post
Same. Front passenger fender.
Mine is front passenger door...

I may knock the dent out if I decide to paint my car with monstaliner...
premier00000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #11615
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue

Default

Out of curiosity, 3/4 tank of gas yields how many miles for you guys? I get about 270mi out of 3/4. Not sure if thats too little or just right

Last edited by Steve2.5i; 08-13-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Steve2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #11616
premier00000
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 251060
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Schenectady, NY
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza Outback
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2.5i View Post
Out of curiosity, 3/4 tank of gas yields how many miles for you guys? I get about 270mi out of 3/4. Not sure if thats too little or just right
I'm lucky if I get 220 miles on a tank... I've been getting around 18-20mpg.

I think something is wrong.
premier00000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #11617
s1eepR
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335330
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 5DR
DGM

Default

I get like 275 and then the light comes on. I think something is wrong too... I bought this car for economy. The tradeoff from my last car is almost negligible. 16-18 avg on my last, I think I'm getting 21 or at most 22...
s1eepR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #11618
Devon
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 321595
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Vehicle:
2010 Outback Sport
Spark/Steel Silver

Default

While on the topic of gas and whatnot, has anyone filled up and noticed the needle gets stuck two bars before the F? It's done that twice for me now. I'm going to take it in soon before my warranty expires in October.
Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:39 PM   #11619
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Last time I drove 200 miles I was averaging 32. Keep in mind my car is tuned.

I'm driving from Minneapolis to Colorado tomorrow. Ill let you know.
fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #11620
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier00000 View Post
I'm lucky if I get 220 miles on a tank... I've been getting around 18-20mpg.

I think something is wrong.
damn 220? I'd go broke so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1eepR View Post
I get like 275 and then the light comes on. I think something is wrong too... I bought this car for economy. The tradeoff from my last car is almost negligible. 16-18 avg on my last, I think I'm getting 21 or at most 22...
Damn so much for economy. I guess to be fair I do drive mostly highway with cruise control set at 70.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon View Post
While on the topic of gas and whatnot, has anyone filled up and noticed the needle gets stuck two bars before the F? It's done that twice for me now. I'm going to take it in soon before my warranty expires in October.
hasn't happened to me yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15 View Post
Last time I drove 200 miles I was averaging 32. Keep in mind my car is tuned.

I'm driving from Minneapolis to Colorado tomorrow. Ill let you know.
curious to see how many Mi you'll get. thanks ill keep an eye out for ur post.
Steve2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #11621
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2.5i View Post

damn 220? I'd go broke so fast

Damn so much for economy. I guess to be fair I do drive mostly highway with cruise control set at 70.

hasn't happened to me yet.

curious to see how many Mi you'll get. thanks ill keep an eye out for ur post.
With the stop and go I will probably hit 400/tank.
fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:43 PM   #11622
SCNEot
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 344260
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New Hampshire
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza OBS
Sage Green

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2.5i View Post

Sorry to hear it man :/ happened to me again recently. Nice little ding on my drivers door. Thankfully its not an eye sore or noticeable unless your looking for it. You going to get it repaired or leave it as is?
May get it repaired or look at the option of side skirts to cover it up, its a little big to pop out on its own like the others, why couldnt it be on the door so i could try the gopro dent removing technique!!!
SCNEot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:37 AM   #11623
Fendyman
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21542
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: San Francisco, CA
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza 2.5i
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3 View Post
That is literally the perfect wheel/tire setup. I'm jealous you have the version 1 starspec's as the new one's aren't as good apprently. I bet those wheels are pretty light as well? Like 15lbs or so? Next time you need tires, you should bump up to 245's though
They are cast... not forged... about 17-18 lbs. Star Spec runs wide... 235 is wider than avg. 245. Plus, it was cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU View Post
Where did you hear that? I daily 235/45/17 Z1s and race 205/55/16 ZIIs. I've also raced the Z1s a couple times, I think the ZIIs are much better.
I think ZII is better as well.

IMO, Z1 or ZII are overkill for DD... but they are awesome for track.
Fendyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:01 AM   #11624
ajracerfan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 221308
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Magnolia, TX
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
Orange

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2.5i View Post
Out of curiosity, 3/4 tank of gas yields how many miles for you guys? I get about 270mi out of 3/4. Not sure if thats too little or just right
Right about 250 for me. All city though. My car says 21.3mpg for this tank
ajracerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:36 AM   #11625
premier00000
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 251060
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Schenectady, NY
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza Outback
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2.5i View Post
damn 220? I'd go broke so fast
I literally put between $20-30 in the tank every 3 days or so.
premier00000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
08 2.5i and 08 Sti Suspension WRXbrother Brakes, Steering & Suspension 7 03-24-2012 02:14 PM
Will an 08 WRX intake fit an 08 2.5i? Racing101 Normally Aspirated Powertrain 26 01-19-2012 11:57 AM
08 STI Wing on 08 2.5i impreza juny102004 Interior & Exterior Modification 13 01-18-2012 09:46 AM
Will 08+ WRX gauges swap into 08+ 2.5i? Simeon Priest Interior & Exterior Modification 10 03-26-2010 02:17 PM
08 2.5i mod question deunique1 Impreza Forum 1 10-03-2007 02:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.