Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday May 4, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #12226
fourthbrook
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 362680
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Ok so when I had my engine replaced, I originally took it back to the dealership to get it checked out. When I got it back from the shop I had the work done at they showed me that part of the intake system was missing. I thought "I'm gonna do hybrid intake sometime soon Ill address it when I get to that point. Well I was driving while running torque and noticed I was running very rich! I though it might have something to do with the intake piece missing. I figure it is making the ECU send to much fuel with the air readings all funky cause of the piece missing.

Here are pictures of the engine bay. It should be obvious what part is missing. For the life of me I can't find a part# for the damn giant plastic piece that should be there.

If anyone either knows the part# or can find it from their part. that would be a huge help.



Side note the inside of my passenger side headlight is foggy how can I fix this?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
fourthbrook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #12227
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthbrook View Post
"If anyone either knows the part# or can find it from their part. that would be a huge help. Side note the inside of my passenger side headlight is foggy how can I fix this?
I don't know the specific name but it's the duct that collects air from the front of the car. You may be able to find a used one in the classifieds from a wrx (08+)

Just try claybar then follow with wax on the headlight. If that doesn't work use some plastx and/or a 3m headlight restoration kit.
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #12228
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3 View Post
I don't know the specific name but it's the duct that collects air from the front of the car. You may be able to find a used one in the classifieds from a wrx (08+) Just try claybar then follow with wax on the headlight. If that doesn't work use some plastx and/or a 3m headlight restoration kit.
He's talking about condensation in the headlight.

You need to take out the light bulb and blast the inside with clean compressed air. This should hopefully eliminate all of the condensation.
fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #12229
bidaci
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 291519
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Suburban Boston
Vehicle:
2011 OBS
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthbrook View Post
Ok so when I had my engine replaced, I originally took it back to the dealership to get it checked out. When I got it back from the shop I had the work done at they showed me that part of the intake system was missing. I thought "I'm gonna do hybrid intake sometime soon Ill address it when I get to that point. Well I was driving while running torque and noticed I was running very rich! I though it might have something to do with the intake piece missing. I figure it is making the ECU send to much fuel with the air readings all funky cause of the piece missing. Here are pictures of the engine bay. It should be obvious what part is missing. For the life of me I can't find a part# for the damn giant plastic piece that should be there. If anyone either knows the part# or can find it from their part. that would be a huge help. Side note the inside of my passenger side headlight is foggy how can I fix this?
Hope this helps http://opposedforces.com/parts/impre...llustration_2/
bidaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #12230
fourthbrook
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 362680
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3 View Post
I don't know the specific name but it's the duct that collects air from the front of the car. You may be able to find a used one in the classifieds from a wrx (08+)

Just try claybar then follow with wax on the headlight. If that doesn't work use some plastx and/or a 3m headlight restoration kit.
I know what the piece does but I cant figure out the part number to find a replacement at car-part.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15 View Post
He's talking about condensation in the headlight.

You need to take out the light bulb and blast the inside with clean compressed air. This should hopefully eliminate all of the condensation.
I will take care of that once I paint the inside.
fourthbrook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #12231
fourthbrook
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 362680
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidaci View Post
Thanks so much!!
fourthbrook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #12232
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Hoping to make my NASIOC picture debut by the end of the month.
DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #12233
czeckson
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309412
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Vienna, Austria
Vehicle:
2010 Impr. 2.0 Sedan
WRB

Default

A question for the pros:

Will a 06-07 2.0R UEL header from rallisport fit on my
08-10 2.0R Sedan ?

Thanks, Max
czeckson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #12234
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie View Post
Hoping to make my NASIOC picture debut by the end of the month.
Lol. You've been a member for how long?
fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #12235
Digital Dillon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288727
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Sturbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX premium
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by czeckson View Post
A question for the pros:

Will a 06-07 2.0R UEL header from rallisport fit on my
08-10 2.0R Sedan ?

Thanks, Max
It'll bolt to your engine but I don't think anyone can confirm if it'll be a direct fit with the rest of the exhaust!
Digital Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #12236
theoutbackdream
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 301179
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Mountain View, California
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Dillon View Post

It'll bolt to your engine but I don't think anyone can confirm if it'll be a direct fit with the rest of the exhaust!
It should but the exhaust layout is different. So it may not fit even if it is direct bolt on.
theoutbackdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #12237
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Dillon View Post
It'll bolt to your engine but I don't think anyone can confirm if it'll be a direct fit with the rest of the exhaust!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoutbackdream View Post
It should but the exhaust layout is different. So it may not fit even if it is direct bolt on.
It's probably a similar scenario to how the 08+ wrx headers fit but the cat is located in a slightly different location. Probably could fit with a custom exahust lol.
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #12238
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15 View Post
Lol. You've been a member for how long?
Only 10 months, .

You've been a huge asset Fancy, thanks again for always enlightening me with 2.5I information.
DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #12239
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie View Post
Only 10 months, . You've been a huge asset Fancy, thanks again for always enlightening me with 2.5I information.
Lol lets kept some pics rollin!
fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #12240
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Lol wow. Get some pics rollin
fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:02 PM   #12241
DownhillSubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342985
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Soon, soon. Any of you run 18x9.5" 38ET on base model 2.5is? I've scanned the WRX threads but their fenders are slightly different.
DownhillSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #12242
MikeMiranda
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 355937
Join Date: May 2013
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza OBS
Black on Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie View Post
Soon, soon. Any of you run 18x9.5" 38ET on base model 2.5is? I've scanned the WRX threads but their fenders are slightly different.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1945625
MikeMiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #12243
Slow Scoobie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 320464
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Monmouth, NJ
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT
ABP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie View Post
Soon, soon. Any of you run 18x9.5" 38ET on base model 2.5is? I've scanned the WRX threads but their fenders are slightly different.
Im pretty sure BSP671 runs 18x9.5" im almost certain his offset is in the 30-40ET range.
Slow Scoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #12244
theoutbackdream
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 301179
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Mountain View, California
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie View Post
Soon, soon. Any of you run 18x9.5" 38ET on base model 2.5is? I've scanned the WRX threads but their fenders are slightly different.
08-10 wrx is same body. My buddy has that setup with 245/40/18 with roll iirc
theoutbackdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:06 AM   #12245
Gdspliff
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 348014
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Worcester, MA.
Vehicle:
2010 2.5i
Orange

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie View Post
Soon, soon. Any of you run 18x9.5" 38ET on base model 2.5is? I've scanned the WRX threads but their fenders are slightly different.
I have this set up with my gram lights 57d extreme I did roll my fenders and for coils I have none I went with the bagriders set up smooth air bags
Gdspliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #12246
BSP671
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 288190
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Guam
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
Spark Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillSubie View Post
Soon, soon. Any of you run 18x9.5" 38ET on base model 2.5is? I've scanned the WRX threads but their fenders are slightly different.
Responded to your PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Scoobie View Post

Im pretty sure BSP671 runs 18x9.5" im almost certain his offset is in the 30-40ET range.
Yep you got it. +34.
*Update*
Car is in the body shop. Repainting the whole car and asked to add a bit more metallic flake and more coats of clear. Got my spacers and toe links so I'm stoked about that. idk if I'm going to have enough time to install though because I'm gna be shipping out to basic on the 29th :/ planning to get new wheels for the upcoming season and wanting to go 10" wide with a decent lip.
BSP671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #12247
BSP671
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 288190
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Guam
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
Spark Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdspliff View Post

I have this set up with my gram lights 57d extreme I did roll my fenders and for coils I have none I went with the bagriders set up smooth air bags
You got any pics of your bagged setup?
BSP671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #12248
Gdspliff
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 348014
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Worcester, MA.
Vehicle:
2010 2.5i
Orange

Default

No the car is in the shop till the end of the month getting a new paint job hopefully sooner than October 25 the date they told me. Since I'm keeping it paprika orange just a bit lighter
Gdspliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #12249
Cmac13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 312011
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
Vehicle:
2009 impreza 2.5i
white

Default

Has anyone delt with speed element in California?
Cmac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #12250
Navysesal
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 305008
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2008 outback sport
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac13 View Post
Has anyone delt with speed element in California?
sure i go there on occasion, a couple of my friends are sponsored by them. any reason? Did they mess up on your order?
Navysesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
08 2.5i and 08 Sti Suspension WRXbrother Brakes, Steering & Suspension 7 03-24-2012 02:14 PM
Will an 08 WRX intake fit an 08 2.5i? Racing101 Normally Aspirated Powertrain 26 01-19-2012 11:57 AM
08 STI Wing on 08 2.5i impreza juny102004 Interior & Exterior Modification 13 01-18-2012 09:46 AM
Will 08+ WRX gauges swap into 08+ 2.5i? Simeon Priest Interior & Exterior Modification 10 03-26-2010 02:17 PM
08 2.5i mod question deunique1 Impreza Forum 1 10-03-2007 02:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.