Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday January 26, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > Commercial ECU Reflashes

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:20 PM   #1
STI05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 76649
Vehicle:
08 Z06
Victory Yellow

Default Cannot get DeltaDash to read USB port

I installed deltadash. It worked great - ONCE!!!!

I data logged my car, unhooked everything, brought the laptop inside and then plugged the dongle in (USB) so I can access deltadash. I saw my logs and discussed them with my tuner.

It is the weekend and my tuner has a life as I would expect so I have to come here and see where I can get.

Anyway, I started the laptop again. I then plugged in the dongle into the USB port and then into the car and turned the key to on. I then started delatdash - and it says Disconnected and .... looking at Com1 or whetever it states in that header at the top.

So I'm like "what gives?" It just worked!!!

I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled - nothing - I disabled the Com1, and delatdash jsut starts immediately in Demo mode.

What in the world can I do to fix this?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
STI05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:22 PM   #2
STI05
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
08 Z06
Victory Yellow

I need to add:

The device manager shows the Ecutek Usb Vehicle interface (without any symbols - no ! or ?) and the DSKey (sp?) as well - I knwo they are installed and the device is seen by the computer - just not by deltadash
Old 11-18-2007, 08:15 PM   #3
STI05
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
08 Z06
Victory Yellow

OK, I uninstalled everything - all Ecutek software as far as I can tell. I'm pretty much fed up with spending my Sunday in my garage so I took my laptop, Ecutek CD and USB cable into the house.

I plan on installing everything again, step by step per the instructions, as I did once before when everything worked fine - just once though.

I have a question since the first time I installed everything it went so smoothly I don't know the answer to this question:

When I perform the installation, I should not plug anything in. Put the CD in the laptop - install the drivers which is really just the DESKey software. Then install delta dash. Then plug in the dongle and then install the drivers for that as well which includes the USB driver for the dingle and the DESKey drivers. Then I should be able to start deltadash and see the USB interface - correct?

Please someone give me some advice before I go postal over here.

Lastly, when I had clicked on the Help, License something - I don;t remember exactly, it came up with a screen that showed who I bought it from, the car its for and a code. It also stated zero licenses. Does that zero license mean anything? I mean I paid for this POS why would it state zero?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:40 PM   #4
dynamix
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 122603

have you tried on the ecutek forums?
dynamix is offline   Reply With Quote