Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Care & Detailing

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:56 PM   #1
MarkkInNj
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 393094
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2014 WRX Hatch
Ice... Berr

Default 3m paint defender

Whelp... I'm taking a road trip in two weeks to Chicago, and I was going to clear vinyl the front end, but decided against it. I went with the 3m paint defender stuff instead. I read for days reviews. They are either great, or horrible. So, with that being said I went for it. I think most peoples problem is not having previous experience with spraying and what not. But I have done my fair share. So and for 50 bucks, I got two cans, the sprayer, clothes, wax tape and car cover. I forgot to take pictures as I was doing it... However I took them after when it was dark. But hey whatever. And now, I see I'm having trouble uploading the pictures.. It says I do not have permission to upload photos... So.. For now, you'll just have to go off what I am saying lol

I wrapped the car completely and followed the directions with covering the car. I made the t cut, but since I was doing my bumper too, I modified it a bit. I then waxed the area but did not allow it to come to a haze like it said. Once done, I sprayed.. Well, my cars silver, and the paints silver/clear.. And basically could not see anything I sprayed on the car until it start to dry.. A blue haze. I did the up and down and side to side rule they say in the directions. I also did the timing as 3 seconds per foot.. But I only used one can.. So I'm scared as hell that the coats are WAY to thin.. But we will find out I guess eh? I would love to post pictures, but does anyone know why I can't?

It will better show what I'm talking about..

Also, has anyone used it? Nightmare or not, what was your experience?? I hope this works a bit.. Just for the minor road rocks on this 13 hour drive..

Sent from my iPhone using NASIOC
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
MarkkInNj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:33 AM   #2
alaskajoel
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 167838
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX.LTD.6SP.NAV
White

Strongly considering this for my 2015 when she's delivered. I'm on the highway a lot, and my G37x looks like a bug and rock chip hell. At that cost, it's cheap enough to do every year with my other detailing maintenance.

Did you do headlights too? I know they recommend against glass, but I don't like hazy, weathered headlights either!

I've never used it before but appreciate your perspective. I would suggest using photo bucket or something to host your own pics... I'm curious to see how it looks. Some people can't see it at all, others say it looks like orange peel clear coat, and some say it looks like a normal clear bra.
alaskajoel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:19 PM   #3
hazal2d0us
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 361382
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX STi
White

Use photobucket.com for uploading photos
hazal2d0us is offline   Reply With Quote