Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 31, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 01-28-2002, 03:50 PM   #1
Matt
Allergic to turbos
Member Sales Rating: (4)

Member#: 181
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2009 Forester

Thumbs up W. Lehman Subaru, Miami, FL

Just had my RS in for the 30k service.

Spoke with Orlando (service advisor). Pretty knowledgeable considering there are only 3 dealers within 120 miles.

Got the car back and it was detailed. Looked like it was brand new.

I wouldn't buy a car there, but the serivce is pretty good.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 03:23 PM   #2
boost..boost..boost
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 145686
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2007 STI
Blue Pearl

Orlando is definetly cool.
If anyone is looking to buy there see a sales guy named rick hes the internet manager.
He was awesome I walked away with my '07 wrx for a good amount less back in January.
boost..boost..boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:53 PM   #3
Dj Hurricane
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 168488
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
05 08 STI BBS NAV
DGM

Thumbs down

I bought my LGT there... and now i get it serviced at Bird Rd.

Orlando is a @#$%^!

First, he tells me that, my engine undercarage protector must have been ripped of when I hit something... (the car was there the first week I got it, I didnt hit anything) Then acted like it was to much trouble to figure out how my car was delivered with out one... and even raised his voice at me while I was trying to explain to his mgr what was going on...

I almost broke his arm for him.,,

Major attitude...

second service,
He Sideswiped my LGT in the garage, acted like it was already there/

Fi@#$ Grease monkey!
Dj Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:09 PM   #4
The Green Monkey
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 158330
Vehicle:
2007 BSM LGT Wagon
2002 MBP TS (Wife's)

I took my car in to Bird Road a while ago and just didn't really get a great vibe from the whole operation. I'm due for my 15k maintenance, so I called both Bird Road and Lehman to see how much they'd charge. Lehman quoted me $149.95; Bird Road asked me which size engine I had (after I clearly told the dude it was an 07 LGT...) and then told me it would be $299.

Although Lehman is another 15 or 20 miles from my house, I suspect I'll be using them for all my future needs, although none of the area dealerships seem to have that great of a reputation around here, based on the results of a few searches...

Last edited by The Green Monkey; 01-11-2008 at 02:16 PM.
The Green Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:19 PM   #5
The Green Monkey
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 158330
Vehicle:
2007 BSM LGT Wagon
2002 MBP TS (Wife's)

I took my LGT in to Lehman for its 15k maintenance last Monday. It took about 4.5 hours, and while it was also washed, I noticed a ding in the rear bumper that I'm not sure was there before I took it in. I'm not certain that they did it, but I had never noticed it before. Alan told me that they didn't do it, and I left it at that. After all, it's not like I examine my bumpers every time I get in or out of the car. Whatever.

Anyway, over the weekend, my neighbor's kids noticed about a quart of clean oil in my parking space. I parked in a different spot and let it sit overnight (it was dark and late when they mentioned it to me) and checked it out in the morning.

The drain plug was loose and had leaked a bit of oil in the previously clean spot, so we tightened it and checked the oil level. Surprisingly, it was still way past the full mark.

I had forgotten to specify that I wanted synthetic when I had them do everything, so I called Alan this past Monday to let him know about the loose drain plug and the fact that even after dropping 1+ quarts, it was still overfull. I proposed that I bring it back in and they could drain the oil and set me up with the proper amount of synthetic and we could just call it even. Alan told me to bring it in ASAP and they'd take care of it.

I took it in the following afternoon, and 20 minutes after handing my car off to them, he came to get me from the waiting room, telling me that the oil level was just fine and that they didn't find anything out of place. I maintained that it was well past the full mark before I brought it in, but he insisted that all was fine.

I guess it was my fault for not demanding to be there when they popped the hood and checked the oil (silly me for assuming that they'd be honest...), but it's plainly obvious to me that they simply drained the excess and decided to pretend like I was making the whole thing up or was somehow unable to read the oil or something. Alan tried to feed me some line about how the oil must have expanded due to sitting overnight when I had discovered that it was overfull. I'm not especially mechanically inclined, but I do know enough to realize that his explanation was a bunch of bull****.

Pretty annoying, and I certainly won't be returning to Lehman for any reason. If I need warranty work done, I guess I'll just go back to Bird Road since it's much closer to where I live, but I'll just steer clear of both Miami Subie dealers unless I can help it. Disappointing and frustrating.
The Green Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:57 AM   #6
b154wheel
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 206874
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza WRX
Black

I bought my car from Lehman. Seemed to go smoothly. They got me out of my lease (I was running out of miles) and gave me enough for it so I wasn't upside down. I had also installed some aftermarket parts on my old car which they told me no problem. They gave me extra money for the stuff I didn't want, and let me remove the stuff I did. I delt with Alain who seemed like an ok guy.

I've never had to deal with the service dept though, as I do all my own work. Judging from some of the stories on here, I hope I never have to deal with them.

It sucks for us South Florida Subaru owners. All three dealers in the Dade/Broward area have terrible service.
b154wheel is offline   Reply With Quote