Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday April 17, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:16 PM   #1
ChuChi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 128662
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
WRB

Default Power cuts on/off under *LIGHT* boost

So I've been lurking on here for the better part of a year. Never had a reason to post before now. Every question I could possibly think of, and then some, had already been talked and flamed to death. Until now...

Tha car is stock, 26K miles, 1000 miles post oil change and 1/2 way through a tank of gas. I'm using the factory boost gauge (mPa FTL, it's on my list of TBD changes). Basically my power is not consistent. When hitting ~.02 on the gauge I can feel the power drop off and come back. Everything is fine as long as I stay out of boost. It feels almost like a rough shift or the shaking that happens when someone's learning to drive stick, except for I'm nowhere near the clutch at the time. As the power drops and comes back I can watch the boost needle move .005-.01 up or down accordingly. This is most noticable on long, straight, uphill sections where I can hold the car in boost for a good amount of time and not accelerate too much.
If I mash on it, boost comes up. It'll hiccup a few times as it passes through the .02 range, but once it gets to .04 or greater everything is smooth.

Now for the best part. It went away this morning!!
I first noticed it late Sunday night, but wrote it off as being way too tired and making it up. I confirmed it Mon morning on the way to work and took it right to the dealer. They were slammed and had me make an appointment for today. On the drive home Monday it got noticably worse (harder jolts, more often). I leave it home Tues, drive in this morning and it doesn't happen anymore. I spent the whole 20 mile backroad drive tring to get it to happen again. It's like nothing was wrong to begin with. Stop by the dealer anyway, but they obviously can't do anything unless they can reproduce it. They asked if it threw a CEL (no) and what gas I've been using (92) and said to come back if it happens again.

So, what do you experts think? ECU got confused and relearned? Some sort of boost leak magically sealed itself? My motor is going to explode in the next 100 miles?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ChuChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:51 PM   #2
Badler
Scooby Guru

Member#: 133597
Chapter/Region: SCIC

Bad tank of gas possibly?
Badler is online now   Reply With Quote