Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday February 6, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > Open Source Reflashes

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
Barge
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 62941
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Rally Blue

Default Relocated O2 sensor effects

I did equal length headers modified for an EWG some time ago and i relocated the front O2 behind the turbo, in the downpipe, because it made for better mounting since the 4-2-1 header had very little room in the area with all 4 cylinder merged.

Anywho... I just wondered if anyone had tuned a car with the O2 sensor relocated like that.

Is there any hidden information in the ECU related to the time delay for the O2 response?

My main issue is that the car seems to hunt more at idle than it did with the stock manifolds and also that at very light throttle positions, like going down a hill or something, the fueling will hunt really bad.. swinging from +25 short term to -25 back and forth.

I was considering modifying the O2 sensor calibration to basically deaden the area around 14.7 afr so that perhaps the ecu won't respond as much to changes. It seems almost like the ecu is making a correction and it isn't responding fast enough so it keeps pushing and overshoots.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Barge; 01-06-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2008, 02:41 PM   #2
mickeyd2005
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 122595
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2005 LGT Wagon
ABP

What do you mean you relocated it to the turbo?

Do you really mean you tapped the housing? Or do you mean you relocated it to the downpipe like on the EVO or JDM twinscroll Subarus.

I asked my friend how his twinscroll was working out. He said his car idles just fine. Smoother in fact due to the equal length.

At idle, the flow should be steady state so it should still work fine. It sounds like your front O2 sensor is borked.

Here's a picture of the JDM front O2 sensor position.

mickeyd2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:22 PM   #3
Barge
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 62941
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Rally Blue

It is in the downpipe right behind the turbo.
Barge is offline   Reply With Quote